• The KillerFrogs

Texas Tech future

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
I’m not what that game says about either team. Is it good that TT hung with a 10 win team or is USF sucky because they had trouble with s crappy B12 team that was handled by six other teams?

froginaustin

They are currently ranked #60 in this years recruiting class. Bad coach and even worse players. Here’s to another decade of mediocrity!

The thing that mystifies me is, why hasn’t TT bought out Kingsbury’s contract?

The TTech alums that I know personally are non-stupid, and realize that Kliff is a continuing non-success (except for one female that is honestly indifferent). They have conference distributions, and a medium-sized stadium that seats a lot of paying customers. Is TTech so broke (i.e., badly managed) that they can’t afford to give Kliff a chance to develop in a coordinator’s or position coach’s job in a successful program? And hire a head coach like, maybe, Sonny Dykes?

Or does Kliff have incriminating pictures?

Frog-in-law1995

The TTech alums that I know personally are non-stupid, and realize that Kliff is a continuing non-success (except for one female that is honestly indifferent). They have conference distributions, and a medium-sized stadium that seats a lot of paying customers. Is TTech so broke (i.e., badly managed) that they can’t afford to give Kliff a chance to develop in a coordinator’s or position coach’s job in a successful program? And hire a head coach like, maybe, Sonny Dykes?

Who can they hire that’s an improvement?

froginaustin

Who can they hire that’s an improvement?
Don’t know. But then I’m not a D1 athletic director.

Sonny might not have been good enough for Cal, but no one has been in maybe forever. Or maybe an AD that knows who’s who can promote the right coordinator or FCS coach like the guy at Wyoming. Without putting the TTech athletic department in a bind.

Fred Garvin

I service the entire Quad Cities Area
Rather than Tech's defense giving up 50+ points, they have downsized. Now that their offense scores less, all they have to give up are late 4th quarter TDs to lose. Great Improvement!

Thanks again to Tom the Herman taking one for the team, so Tech would keep Coach Bro another year. Hopefully the uncertainty of him being around at the end of next year will hamper recruiting again. Not that it was going to be great anyway.

Horny4TCU

No "good" coach would want to move to Lubbock. Plus, the money they would have throw at a good coach and also throw at Kliff to get rid of him, is probably just too much for their program to handle.

Tom Brown

They scoff at Sonny Dykes. Really in tbis year's competitive market, KK was as good as they could get.