• The KillerFrogs

Texas Fan on Game Day Experience (after Saturday night)

Brog

Obviously the Texas fans weren't happy late Saturday night, but here's one man's comment about the "game day experience," a subject they talk a lot about on one of their forums:

The in game experience for the fan is moving toward Cirque Solais (or whatever that Vegas show is) and it is loud, cheap, flashy, & after 30 seconds of it is totally boring. Not to mention, literally deafening.

Yes, I am old, but so what. I miss the college experience, the band, the cheers, energy that came from the stands not the barrage of noise and chaos constantly blasting at the fans from the scoreboard, PA system, and now the cheap carny acts performed on the field during the fricking time outs etc.

finafrog

he must hate snakes. and cockroaches. and losing

upload_2017-11-8_10-9-40.png
index.php

index.php

index.php

Last edited:

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
Obviously the Texas fans weren't happy late Saturday night, but here's one man's comment about the "game day experience," a subject they talk a lot about on one of their forums:

The in game experience for the fan is moving toward Cirque Solais (or whatever that Vegas show is) and it is loud, cheap, flashy, & after 30 seconds of it is totally boring. Not to mention, literally deafening.

Yes, I am old, but so what. I miss the college experience, the band, the cheers, energy that came from the stands not the barrage of noise and chaos constantly blasting at the fans from the scoreboard, PA system, and now the cheap carny acts performed on the field during the fricking time outs etc.

This is just a strange dialect spoken in central Texas and has to be translated by a linguist. Google translator gives you this:

Dammit, I can’t believe we don’t run the world anymore and this little private school that we granted the privilege of losing to us every year thanks us by humiliating us, even when we spend millions on a MENSA guru!!!!

WhatTheFrog

I really don't care what the visiting fan experience is. All I want is civility. They can cheer for their team all they want, but it's when they start interacting with me directly and talking smack when things begin to escalate quickly.

As for the music choices and volume and all of that, I'm not really into it. All I care about is that it contributes to getting the home crowd fired up/involved. I think the students like all that trendy stuff, so more power to them. A lively student section, and lively younger attendees, is a good thing. Now I'm starting to sound old...

HFrog12

Can't say I disagree with that fan's take on the game day experience. The music audio is so dang loud to the point where it actually sounds bad. I don't have a problem with the snake performance but I don't need blaring music every 30 seconds and happening during every timeout. Thank the lord we curb stomped them again. Otherwise that game was exhausting with what was constantly coming out of those north end zone speakers. And I am a part of a younger generation.

frogs9497

Flame away, but I find much of our in-game experience to be a complete beatdown. When play has stopped, there is an almost constant barrage of advertisementts, of "fans, direct your attention to the south endzone".... "fans, direct your attention to the north endzone"... "fans, it's time for the kiss cam." Music is played through the loudspeaker often while the band is playing (or maybe the band is playing over the loudspeaker, but either way you get the same result). At times the energy gets sucked out of the stadium because they'll start the barrage while fans are already making noise. It kills the flow, momentum, etc. of the crowd.

Rant over. I don't complain about it, as I assume those responsible have put much thought into balancing the overall fan experience, advertising $$$, etc. I get that there are necessary evils in supporting a robust athletic budget. But it doesn't make it any less of a beatdown.

bronco

Flame away, but I find much of our in-game experience to be a complete beatdown. When play has stopped, there is an almost constant barrage of advertisementts, of "fans, direct your attention to the south endzone".... "fans, direct your attention to the north endzone"... "fans, it's time for the kiss cam." Music is played through the loudspeaker often while the band is playing (or maybe the band is playing over the loudspeaker, but either way you get the same result). At times the energy gets sucked out of the stadium because they'll start the barrage while fans are already making noise. It kills the flow, momentum, etc. of the crowd.

Rant over. I don't complain about it, as I assume those responsible have put much thought into balancing the overall fan experience, advertising $$$, etc. I get that there are necessary evils in supporting a robust athletic budget. But it doesn't make it any less of a beatdown.
Agree and would assume it is pretty much the same every where, although the music does seem extremely loud.