• The KillerFrogs

"[Team on suspensions] doesn't teach life lessons" - CGP

SnoSki

(should say team VOTING on suspensions)

From Stefan's article about practice today:

http://www.star-telegram.com/2013/08/06/5060950/tcu-loses-its-third-player-six.html

TCU coach Gary Patterson said he won’t leave Devonte Fields’ two-game suspension up to a vote from his teammates. Fields was suspended after violating unspecified team rules in the spring.

“My whole team would vote Devonte to be back on the team because they all want to win,” Patterson said. “That doesn’t teach life lessons.”

Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/2013/08/06/5060950/tcu-loses-its-third-player-six.html#storylink=cpy

SnoSki

Loose Morals doesn't have 1/10th the stones that CGP does. However much you may disagree with Fields' suspension, you can't knock the man for being true to his word.

TCURiggs

SnoSki said:
Sounds to me that there is a very slight chance Fields could come back for LSU. In which case I'd look dumb as OP.

Not really. Sounds like the appeal is up to the University and not GP. Seems like GP is doing all he can, so you're in the clear

SnoopFrogs11

Coach P  is the man.  Les cares less about his players. It does sound like Fields could play at LSU but I don't if he can or wants to after being embarrassed by the coaching staff for something he did.  

masterfrog

Patterson is the only one to decide whether or not Fields plays against LSU.  The university can reinstate him, but Patterson has final call on which players ever see the field.

BigPurple87

masterfrog said:
Patterson is the only one to decide whether or not Fields plays against LSU.  The university can reinstate him, but Patterson has final call on which players ever see the field.
Not true. The school president can do just about anything he wants. He won't go against Gary but he has the authority to if he wants 

frognutz

steelfrog said:
Sounds like the door is open. GP already saying he has been embarrassed for 3 months
Man, i smell smoke with this whole article. Making the call now. Fields plays vs. LSU.