• The KillerFrogs

TCU vs. A&M -- Monday Super Regional Championship Game Thread

puckster59

They ran three times I can count in this series with the ball just dribbling feet away and took extra bases, including the series-winning run. It's not dumb luck. It's an approach/attitude this program has had for a while now. It produces outs that make you bang your head against the wall. But tonight it produced a CWS berth.

OmniscienceFrog

arlington said:
True Pharm Frog but 90% of JV third basemen would have been home asleep four hours ago not going on 6 hours of playing high pressure baseball. With 2 outs that's a good time to force the issue a bit esally with the   of the game which was "damn tough bunching together enough hits to score tonight". I mean we had one or two runners on base  every inning of extras and got nothing. Crain is a senior a frosh probably doesn't make that move. And Crain is a heady ball player who probably told himself hat anything 180 feet  
That was the epitome of "if it works, it's genius, if it doesn't, it idiocy:.  It was genius!

Moose Stuff

Pharm Frog said:
90% of high school JV third basemen easily toss the ball to the catcher. Incredibly low percentage play but probably about the same as us coming up with a two out hit.
At 1:00 AM in the 16th inning with Omaha on the line approximately 1% of JV 3B make that throw.

Pharm Frog

OmniscienceFrog said:
That was the epitome of "if it works, it's genius, if it doesn't, it idiocy:.  It was genius!
This. And for those lauding the decision I suppose you'd have to agree that Crain > Mosiello who was not only throwing up the stop sign but signaling to stay on the bag. We got lucky. I'm happy about it.

jack the frog

Pharm Frog said:
Yes they are. Brutal stuff.
Massive meltdown over there. Have not seen anything like it since they were on the cusp of that football championship that slipped away. Ok, that never happened of course so this is as bad as the meltdowns I have ever seen.

TronCarter

784586.gif

Peacefrog

Degenerate
Pretty sure at one point late in the game, after all my usual crazy superstition rally attempts had failed, I was standing in my family room naked save for one sock and holding a wooden spoon. And then Crain did his thing. Woo.

Ron Swanson

Peacefrog said:
Pretty sure at one point late in the game, after all my usual crazy superstition rally attempts had failed, I was standing in my family room naked save for one sock and holding a wooden spoon. And then Crain did his thing. Woo.
#rallydong

Pharm Frog

When Odell got doubled off second I said something apparently a tad bit too loudly for my neighbor(s) here at the Bridgewater Marriott. Got a call from the front desk asking if everything was okay and that I should respect "quiet hours". First instinct was to say something worthy of a trip to confession. Second thought was to ask the clerk to send whoever called a credit for $20 at the lobby bar and charge it to my room. Went with seond option.