• The KillerFrogs

TCU vs. A&M -- Monday Super Regional Championship Game Thread

GeoFrog

Land Frog said:
Thanks again to Riggs for letting me be a witness for #TCU16in15
I think I was on the patio next to you guys, but I didn't want to mess with your mojo, so I didn't introduce myself. I did talk with FroginLaw and PurplePainD briefly.

Got home about 2pm today. Great experience! I'm glad my buddies came through with a ticket even with my last minute decision to drive up there at 1 yesterday. I am sacked. I never thought the drive from Houston was that bad, until I was doing it today. Man, I am tired, but it was so worth it.

Ron Swanson

cdsfrog said:
Shortly after we brought in Ferrell who has had 4 really bad outings in a row, and after Alexander combined to walk the bases and giving up a 2 run lead in the 9th, only to picked off on 2nd base in the bottom of the 9th. I believe it was just a few seconds after that play. I said "think even u don't believe what you're saying. Please be right. Really I will donate $100 to MS I'd we win" 

That inning was insanely brutal, especially with the aggies sheep humping in the stands. Given her link to A&M I wasn't really sure of her belief in TCU at the time.

And if you're telling me you had zero thought that we were gonna lose after the 9th, I don't believe you. 
I never said I wasn't worried we'd lose or that I didn't think we could lose, I said that at I always figured we'd win.

The post I was responding to made it sound like you didn't believe her when she said we'd win, because you figured there was no way we'd win.

I guess I misread the intent of your post, and you were aiming it at swimmerbabe as opposed to your thoughts about our chances.

ftwfrog

A few things that may have gotten lost in 16 looooong innings of baseball:

1- The solid picks by Fagnan at first base. There were 2 or 3 low throws to first in extra innings. That really isn't as easy as he made it look. He doesn't pick those and we might be very sad today.

2- Alex Young battling in the first inning. The first 2/3 aggies reached and there were runners at the corners with one out. Stepped up big time with strikeouts of their 4/5 hitters. They go up 2 or 3 zip there and we are playing from behind and start to press.

3- The Crowd. Holy crap. Yes I could tell some folks were getting tired as I was and from innings 12-15 I clapped and whistled but had zero voice left. But did anyone leave?? It was freaking 1am on a Monday and all of the seats were packed and the outfield area seemed just as dense.

Edit:

Oh, and Preston Guillory. Holy cow. Bases loaded. No outs and he gets 2 easy ground balls and a flare to 2nd and keeps the game going. Whew.

tcumaniac

Very, very, very true ftwfrog! 

Fagnan's digs were absolutely incredible. Our pitchers got us out of some seemingly hopeless situations. And yes. That crowd. Absolutely mind blowing that everyone stayed. 

First time I've literally had no voice. Couldn't get any kind of sound to come out when I woke up this morning. Made work a little awkward. Worth it. 

corpuschristifrog

ftwfrog said:
A few things that may have gotten lost in 16 looooong innings of baseball:

1- The solid picks by Fagnan at first base. There were 2 or 3 low throws to first in extra innings. That really isn't as easy as he made it look. He doesn't pick those and we might be very sad today.

2- Alex Young battling in the first inning. The first 2/3 aggies reached and there were runners at the corners with one out. Stepped up big time with strikeouts of their 4/5 hitters. They go up 2 or 3 zip there and we are playing from behind and start to press.

3- The Crowd. Holy crap. Yes I could tell some folks were getting tired as I was and from innings 12-15 I clapped and whistled but had zero voice left. But did anyone leave?? It was freaking 1am on a Monday and all of the seats were packed and the outfield area seemed just as dense.

Edit:

Oh, and Preston Guillory. Holy cow. Bases loaded. No outs and he gets 2 easy ground balls and a flare to 2nd and keeps the game going. Whew.
Also, how about Skoug snagging a couple of very wild intentional walk pitches.

ftwfrog

corpuschristifrog said:
Also, how about Skoug snagging a couple of very wild intentional walk pitches.
And 34 innings behind the plate in 3 days. Hell, I can't squat down to catch a strike 34 times. He did it for 34 innings!! What a freaking stud!!

Frog-in-law1995

GeoFrog said:
I think I was on the patio next to you guys, but I didn't want to mess with your mojo, so I didn't introduce myself. I did talk with FroginLaw and PurplePainD briefly.

Got home about 2pm today. Great experience! I'm glad my buddies came through with a ticket even with my last minute decision to drive up there at 1 yesterday. I am sacked. I never thought the drive from Houston was that bad, until I was doing it today. Man, I am tired, but it was so worth it.
Good to meet you. Didn't realize you were headed back to Houston this morning. Geez, what a beating. I got lucky and had a hearing cancelled, so I strolled into the office at the crack of 10.

cdsfrog

Ron Swanson said:
I never said I wasn't worried we'd lose or that I didn't think we could lose, I said that at I always figured we'd win.

The post I was responding to made it sound like you didn't believe her when she said we'd win, because you figured there was no way we'd win.

I guess I misread the intent of your post, and you were aiming it at swimmerbabe as opposed to your thoughts about our chances.

Definitely not. I was just pissed that we didn't close it out in the 9th. Felt like if we brought anyone else in other than Alexander and Gooch that we close it out.

Doesn't matter now, we won.

TCURiggs

GeoFrog said:
First off, I apologize for my behavior. Good call on the mojo though... you know how baseball go.

ftwfrog

Got to add a few more high fives to some of our guys after watching the replay.

-Garret Crain!!! Holy cow, what an at bat in the 16th! Down 0-2, he comes back with a 10 pitch at bat to draw the walk. One of his foul balls chased the 3rd baseman down the line to a belly flop. Never know, maybe that winded him a bit.

-Brian Howard. Freshman!!?? Must have ice water in his veins because he made us nervous, but got out of trouble. Whew.

GeoFrog

TCURiggs said:
First off, I apologize for my behavior. Good call on the mojo though... you know how baseball go.
Don't get me wrong, I was laughing my ass off. I was just afraid to move from my spot after a certain point.

tcudoc

ftwfrog said:
Got to add a few more high fives to some of our guys after watching the replay.

-Garret Crain!!! Holy cow, what an at bat in the 16th! Down 0-2, he comes back with a 10 pitch at bat to draw the walk. One of his foul balls chased the 3rd baseman down the line to a belly flop. Never know, maybe that winded him.
I had forgotten that. He gave it his all on that play. I suspect it did take a lot out of him.