• The KillerFrogs

TCU Tennis

Jared7

It was a close as possible in the doubles and then as close as possible in the singles but we just couldn't quite get it done. Ohio State advances to play Virginia. After the team competition concludes on Tuesday, Norrie and Rybakov will compete in the singles championship and Stalder and Lopez in the doubles. Elite 8 is a good performance, but I was hoping for more.

MTfrog5

I am not even in the same hemisphere with some of y'all regarding college tennis but I thought that key to the result was dropping the doubles point. Low margin after that.
Yup everyone that knows something about tennis here said we need to win the doubles point. We were so close to doing just that and also a couple breaks from completing the comeback. Sucks but at the same time this group at TCU has made people like me and many others actually give a crap about TCU tennis for the first time ever.

Pharm Frog

I can't get over the disappointment of this. Hard to imagine having a better chance at a National Championship than we did this year.

That's why you're a maniac. Betcha you'll be over it in mere minutes. Its not like any of us were actually playing and I'm sure the Mrs Maniac has some chores for you to take your mind off it.

tcumaniac

That's why you're a maniac. Betcha you'll be over it in mere minutes. Its not like any of us were actually playing and I'm sure the Mrs Maniac has some chores for you to take your mind off it.
Nah. I'm still really sad. I've followed TCU men's tennis for quite some time.

I had a really bad back injury at the end of 8th grade that prevented me from playing football ever again. After being told not to play contact sports ever again, I picked up tennis, and although I continued to suffer through some pretty frustrating back problems, I ended up having a very good tennis career for Aledo and developed a relatively impressive tennis game. Spent many hours back in high school hitting with tcu tennis players that would take the time to hit with me and give me advice, so I naturally developed a pretty strong affection for the TCU tennis program.

Having a player like Cameron Norrie is possibly a once in a life time experience for TCU, and we had a team capable of winning it all. Today's outcome really, really stings.

SnoSki

Thanks again for Jared for sharing his passion for and knowledge about TCU tennis. It was a fun ride, which I never would have taken without Jared taking the time to share with us.

+4. I appreciate the explanations to a noob like myself. I've only played wii tennis or ping pong so I hardly understand anything outside of "make the other guy Miss but don't hit it out of bounds."

jake102

Roditi mentioned it on his final video of the year, and the twitter account had something today; but worth noting (as Maniac did) how remarkable a career, and especially this season was for Norrie. It is pretty unlikely we will have another guy like him for the next 50 years. This season was up there with Steve Johnsons (currently a top 25 player in world and regarded as best college player ever) college career, if not better.

Just wanted to point it out one more time. He really probably shouldnt have come back, should have gone pro, but he did it to help win a championship (and did his part).

I surely hope CDC finds a spot for him in the Schollmaier hall of fame museum quickly.

Also, I encourage everyone to follow his path in the pros.

Latest posts