• The KillerFrogs

TCU Purple explained by gdu

gdu

QUOTE(50FT FROG @ Aug 6 2010, 01:21 PM) [snapback]608498[/snapback]
no, i'm pretty sure the worst post ever was the pic of you in a ridiculous speedo ..... you petting the cat is a close second though
i'm not sure if you do it on purpose, it's schitck or whatever the reason is but you are the biggest jerk to ever grace kf.c ...... and i have been here for years.

it's not an accident that you get into arguments with the vast majority of posters here ..... at some point, you have to ask the question, "is it EVERYONE ELSE ....... or is it JUST ME?"

good luck on your journey of discovery.

I said YOUR worst post.

gdu

QUOTE(crunch @ Aug 6 2010, 01:25 PM) [snapback]608504[/snapback]
It was a proposal, and I am trying very hard to stick with it, as are several others on here. gdu - your response on this thread is a very typical barbed missive, with absolutely no humor, empathy or collegiality. It just seems you want to be seen as an a-hole. 2314 has apparently done much to rehabilitate his reputation on this forum, and has developed friendships, and occassionally makes good posts (when they're not about him). Perhaps it is due to his recent inability to get the internet at home. I'm not sure you care about your online persona, because no one finds the forum boor to be 'quite likable'.

Just let some stuff go...

I don't care if the people that never respond to me stick to it; they weren't the problem. Most of the people that can't let anything I say go without a reponse haven't stuck to it. Those folks are the problem. I followed the pledge until it was clear others weren't. When they start giving me the benefit of the doubt, I'll do the same.

And the real problem is the [Deleted] I get when I don't say anything controversial or even about Texas. I made a 100% pro-TCU thread and got [Deleted]. That is the problem. When that stuff stops, you guys will find me much less irritating I imagine. This is a 2-way street. I'm not responding to myself in these threads.

I don't want to be seen as an a-hole, but I also don't care what I am seen as by internet forum folks. If the people I meet in real life feel the same way as you guys do, then I'd have some concern. So far, that isn't the case.

TCURiggs

QUOTE(tcugdu @ Aug 6 2010, 06:24 PM) [snapback]608502[/snapback]
his post after he got his answer irritated me.

most of your posts irritate the majority of the board...now you can understand why everyone responds.

gdu

QUOTE(TCURiggs @ Aug 6 2010, 01:31 PM) [snapback]608510[/snapback]
most of your posts irritate the majority of the board...now you can understand why everyone responds.

I've always understood why they respond. I don't understand why they complain. Don't respond and the thread won't spiral in to exactly what this thread has become. Then no one needs to complain.

HFrog1999

QUOTE(tcugdu @ Aug 6 2010, 01:02 PM) [snapback]608472[/snapback]
never. most people find me quite likable in person.

Wow :laugh: Please tell me someone snuck on your computer and wrote this :laugh: :tongue:

smalley-3-400x322.jpg

joejordan

I have met many of the people on this forum, at games, tailgates, TCU events and via facebook. I do care what they and others think of me because to a certain degree I represent my family, my friends and certain perspectives vis a vis TCU. I don't want to live in a secretive bubble at these events. Good luck to you if you don't think there is any change in you needed.

Houston Frog

QUOTE(tcugdu @ Aug 6 2010, 01:32 PM) [snapback]608512[/snapback]
I've always understood why they respond. I don't understand why they complain. Don't respond and the thread won't spiral in to exactly what this thread has become. Then no one needs to complain.

You always blame everyone for responding to you, but we wouldn't have had anything to respond to if you hadn't written the initial d-head post belittling the OP.

Houston Frog

QUOTE(HFrog1999 @ Aug 6 2010, 01:36 PM) [snapback]608515[/snapback]
Wow :laugh: Please tell me someone snuck on your computer and wrote this :laugh: :tongue:

smalley-3-400x322.jpg

What a perfect picture

gdu

QUOTE(crunch @ Aug 6 2010, 01:38 PM) [snapback]608517[/snapback]
I have met many of the people on this forum, at games, tailgates, TCU events and via facebook. I do care what they and others think of me because to a certain degree I represent my family, my friends and certain perspectives vis a vis TCU. I don't want to live in a secretive bubble at these events. Good luck to you if you don't think there is any change in you needed.

I've met many folks at TCU functions as well and they all seem to like me. The ones from the forum I have met in person seem to like me just fine as well. There is always change in everyone needed. You have already publicly reconigzed yours here as have I. I'm gonna go ahead and wait on the completion of some aspects until others here have shown willingness to commit to the same. i still want to know what the OP did to search though if the thread title didn't find his answer.

gdu

QUOTE(Houston Frog @ Aug 6 2010, 01:42 PM) [snapback]608521[/snapback]
You always blame everyone for responding to you, but we wouldn't have had anything to respond to if you hadn't written the initial d-head post belittling the OP.

I get plenty of tacky responses on non-controversial posts as well.

But more to the point, I wouldn't have had anything to respond to if the OP could have done a simple search. My post was as likely to make someone search before posting as yalls are to make me quit posting the way I do.

HFrog1999

QUOTE(tcugdu @ Aug 6 2010, 01:43 PM) [snapback]608524[/snapback]
I've met many folks at TCU functions as well and they all seem to like me. The ones from the forum I have met in person seem to like me just fine as well.

Here's a box of tissues.....you jackwagon!!!

0.jpg

Dogfrog

QUOTE(crunch @ Aug 6 2010, 01:25 PM) [snapback]608504[/snapback]
It was a proposal, and I am trying very hard to stick with it, as are several others on here. gdu - your response on this thread is a very typical barbed missive, with absolutely no humor, empathy or collegiality. It just seems you want to be seen as an a-hole. 2314 has apparently done much to rehabilitate his reputation on this forum, and has developed friendships, and occassionally makes good posts (when they're not about him). Perhaps it is due to his recent inability to get the internet at home. I'm not sure you care about your online persona, because no one finds the forum boor to be 'quite likable'.

Just let some stuff go...

A little controversy here. Pledge or proposal? :biggrin:

gdu

QUOTE(Dogfrog @ Aug 6 2010, 02:16 PM) [snapback]608555[/snapback]
A little controversy here. Pledge or proposal? :biggrin:

it may have been a proposal, but I think I pledged. I just quit caring when I saw that no one else did.

HoustonHornedFrog

QUOTE(tcugdu @ Aug 6 2010, 01:02 PM) [snapback]608472[/snapback]
never. most people find me quite likable in person.

[SIZE=12pt]IF that is true, then you obviously don't act in person like you do here and you epitomize what is wrong with internet chat rooms and other places where people can post anonymously.

Everyone who has read this site for very long knows that you are amazed that not everyone does an internet search before each and every time that they post a question. What amazes the rest of us, is that you apparently are not able to tell (and you should be by the number of posts on this thread, and others, which are critical of your position on this very subject) that no one else cares that someone didn't do an internet search on a particular subject before posting a question here.

If you want it to be a rule that anyone that wants to post a question must first do extensive research before being allowed to post, then go start your own site. I'm sure you will be very happy there, alone.
[/SIZE]

gdu

QUOTE(HoustonHornedFrog @ Aug 6 2010, 04:17 PM) [snapback]608612[/snapback]
[SIZE=12pt]IF that is true, then you obviously don't act in person like you do here and you epitomize what is wrong with internet chat rooms and other places where people can post anonymously.

Everyone who has read this site for very long knows that you are amazed that not everyone does an internet search before each and every time that they post a question. What amazes the rest of us, is that you apparently are not able to tell (and you should be by the number of posts on this thread, and others, which are critical of your position on this very subject) that no one else cares that someone didn't do an internet search on a particular subject before posting a question here.

If you want it to be a rule that anyone that wants to post a question must first do extensive research before being allowed to post, then go start your own site. I'm sure you will be very happy there, alone.
[/SIZE]

thanks for bumping the thread. I was really worried it was going to die. It's common internet etiquitte to do a search before posting something that could clearly be found with a simple search.

HoustonHornedFrog

QUOTE(tcugdu @ Aug 6 2010, 05:21 PM) [snapback]608636[/snapback]
thanks for bumping the thread. I was really worried it was going to die. It's common internet etiquitte to do a search before posting something that could clearly be found with a simple search.

I took your advice and did a search on common internet etiquitte, if you had, you would have come up with the following:

Guide to Etiquette on the Internet: Netiquitte

Out of the 11 rules they list, your rants on this thread alone break almost half of them:

Rule 1: Remember the human
... If you wouldn't say something to their face - you should not say it over the internet.

Rule 2: Adhere to the same standards of behavior online that you follow in real life.
In cyberspace, people often forget that there's a human being on the other side of the computer, some people think that a lower standard of ethics or personal behavior is acceptable in cyberspace...

Rule 4: Respect other people's time

Rule 7: Help keep flame wars under control

Rule 10: Be forgiving of other people's mistakes
Everyone was a newbie at one point in time. When someone makes a mistake, give them the benefit of the doubt. When someone makes a mistake, a spelling error, a stupid question or an unnecessarily long answer, you should be polite when pointing it out.

Nowhere does it say don't post a question if you haven't done extensive research first.

This paragraph from a book on internet etiquette sums it up pretty well:

"When someone makes a mistake -- whether it's a spelling error or a spelling flame, a stupid question or an unnecessarily long answer -- be kind about it. If it's a minor error, you may not need to say anything. Even if you feel strongly about it, think twice before reacting. Having good manners yourself doesn't give you license to correct everyone else. If you do decide to inform someone of a mistake, point it out politely, and preferably by private email rather than in public. Give people the benefit of the doubt; assume they just don't know any better. And never be arrogant or self-righteous about it. Just as it's a law of nature that spelling flames always contain spelling errors, notes pointing out Netiquette violations are often examples of poor Netiquette. (S. Virginia, Netiquette.(1997) http://www.albion.com/netiquette/book/index.html)"

Try it for a while, you might like the results...

FrogAbroad

Tell you what, guys, let's just drop the whole damn topic and move on to TCU football, okay?

Sometimes we wear black jerseys, right? Hell, I can make black easy. I'll just use that instead.

I'm sorry I asked a question in the first place. I had no idea it would generate so much crap. Trust me, I'll do my best to reduce posting as drastically as possible.

But looking on the bright side, this thread just may save me $75 when my membership renewal rolls around.

So thanks.

gdu

nice. I see a fair amount of editing his been done here. At least this time it made the thread more readable as compared to the last time my posts were edited.