• The KillerFrogs

TCU favored by 37+?

Limp Lizard

Although that is certainly possible, taking into account the recent history of the game and what devilry Meacham is planning, I would be tempted the take the points. Sure would not mind losing that bet, though.

Wexahu

+37 is too many points. Patterson will slow the game down and grind out the clock by running the ball. +35 is five touchdowns.

We should be up that much by halftime. Every other team seems to be, or close to it.

The Patterson will slow the game down theory, I haven't seen that play out much in recent years. Generally he leaves the starters in more than I would care for him to, especially defensive starters. We'll run the ball more of we get a big lead, but we aren't going to completely shut down the offense, Robinson needs to get some good work.

DelFrog

If past performance is any indicator, Kansas +37 looks like a lock. Even though TCU has won all four conference games vs Kansas, the Frogs seem to play down to KU's level every time they meet. Scores from the last five years...

'16) 24-23
'15) 23-17
'14) 34-30
'13) 27-17
'12) 20-6

Last edited:

Peacefrog

Degenerate
If past performance is any indicator, Kansas +37 looks like a lock. Even though TCU has won all four conference games vs Kansas, the Frogs seem to play down to KU's level every time they meet. Scores from the last four years...

'16) 24-23
'15) 23-17
'14) 34-30
'13) 27-17
'12) 20-6
You said four then doubled down on four but listed five.

Waccy Frog

I think GP and Cumbie are fired up and will have the team ready. Not sure why, but KU appears to have gone backward while we have gone forward. So I'm expecting video game football from the Frogs and huge victory.

Zubaz

+37 is too many points. Patterson will slow the game down and grind out the clock by running the ball. +35 is five touchdowns.
This. Whatever you think of motivation or past game results, our offense is really not designed to beat a team by 40 unless they are just literally scarecrows. I could see a comfortable win, in the 35-10 range, that comes well short of the cover.

ShreveFrog

KU appears to be getting worse at football, even with the hiring of Meach (or because of it?) (beat you to it). The talent there must be awful. The following are blurbs from an article on their 45-0 loss at Iowa State:

The most glaring failure was offensively. KU had 11 three-and-outs, totaled 40 yards in the first half and finished with 106 yards overall — the lowest total given up by Iowa State to a conference foe in more than 50 years.

In addition, the 1.8 yards-per-play tied for the second-worst mark by a Power Five offense this season.

“That doesn’t just all fall on Meach (KU offensive coordinator Doug Meacham). That falls on me as well,” Beaty said. “As an offensive coordinator, it’s not all his fault. I’ve got to be able to give him things that I think are going to be able to kick-start us. I didn’t do that either. This one’s squarely on David Beaty.”

There also was this: KU’s offense did not advance past its own 35-yard line until its 15th drive. That moment came with 12:27 left in the fourth quarter.

The Jayhawks’ biggest problems were up front, as they were unable to run against an Iowa State defensive look daring them to hand it off. KU finished with 33 rushes for 62 yards.

KU finished with just 44 passing yards, with neither Peyton Bender nor Carter Stanley throwing for more than 26.

Full article: http://www.kansascity.com/sports/college/big-12/university-of-kansas/article178923761.html