• The KillerFrogs

Tackled in end zone, no safety?

ReedFrawg

The worst non-call this year, was the hold on the left side of the field goal CU kicked in the first half. Take those three points away, might be a different ball game. We failed a lot that day, but that missed hold potentially cost us the game... a long with our lack of energy and tackling fuel.

waterboy-tacklin-fuel.gif

100% agree. I saw it in real-time...literally wrapped up and tackled our guy.

06DallasFrog

These plays are killed by the ball crossing the end zone line while the ball is still live, not after the play is is dead because the ball carrier's knees, hips, butt, etc., have contacted the ground.

Something actually relevant would be nice.
Let's just use logic. If you have watched as much football as I assume you have, you would notice that players when running for first downs, extra yards, etc. extend the ball in front of them regularly. It can be a high risk motion. If it didn't add value/yards for the offense, they would be coached not to do it. But, it's been going on for all of football time.

These plays are killed by the ball crossing the end zone line while the ball is still live, not after the play is is dead because the ball carrier's knees, hips, butt, etc., have contacted the ground.

Something actually relevant would be nice.
Mannnnn: Two of those plays were not "killed" by the ball crossing the endzone (but, hey, screw facts, right?). However, all three were attempts to move the ball forward, something I (and the rest on this thread, including @Zebra Frog) do not seem to believe you understand.

arlingtonbell

One thing you don't seem to care about is that those defensive guys played hard those last minutes, and one of the things they can do that actually score is to get a safety. They got a safety, but they didn't get credit for it, didn't score. Their coach cared about that and said something about it. The defensive linemen deserved better from the officials.
I do care but you can argue with the refs to defend ur guys and still not come out like he did in the press. If thats the worst BS you have seen in 30 years as a coach and a coaches son, you are either a liar or very disengenuous. Theres a right way to handle these poor calls and his way is not it IMO