• The KillerFrogs

Tackled in end zone, no safety?

arlingtonbell

Any snap inside the 7 the flank officials are supposed tto immediately head to goalline to be in position to rule on a play like that. They did not so by time they got to GL they cudnt tell for sure so they figured let it up o review a b d review punted the decision away. Regardless their mistake didnt justify Sonnys classless comments made concerning the crew in the postgame presser. Pick ur battles Sonny a 17 point lead with a minute watever left is not the time to go scorched earth IMO

TxFrog1999

The Man Behind The Curtain
Any snap inside the 7 the flank officials are supposed tto immediately head to goalline to be in position to rule on a play like that. They did not so by time they got to GL they cudnt tell for sure so they figured let it up o review a b d review punted the decision away. Regardless their mistake didnt justify Sonnys classless comments made concerning the crew in the postgame presser. Pick ur battles Sonny a 17 point lead with a minute watever left is not the time to go scorched earth IMO
Absolutely warranted being called out. It's not like that was the only call they screwed up on Saturday.

arlingtonbell

Absolutely warranted being called out. It's not like that was the only call they screwed up on Saturday.
We can agree to disagree im of the opinion if you are going to complain to the level of Saying officials ought to be ashamed of themselves and tthe biggest bs calls seen in your life in a 17 pt game in last minute is dumb. Save it for wen it matters. And thats not the worst no call this season so you are being a drama queen to even be talking about it

y2kFrog

We can agree to disagree im of the opinion if you are going to complain to the level of Saying officials ought to be ashamed of themselves and tthe biggest bs calls seen in your life in a 17 pt game in last minute is dumb. Save it for wen it matters. And thats not the worst no call this season so you are being a drama queen to even be talking about it
The ground ball to the receiver was worse.

PurpleBlood87

He's just standing up for his players and they were AAC refs, he's not going to see that crew for a while.
At the least, they could have reviewed it.

frogs9497

I think you’ve got a valid point (sans the drama queen), but I prefer the spicy Dykes (I’m just asking for it). Maybe I missed the backstory, but it seemed to me that Dykes was ready to lay the wood on SMU.

Horny4TCU

The worst non-call this year, was the hold on the left side of the field goal CU kicked in the first half. Take those three points away, might be a different ball game. We failed a lot that day, but that missed hold potentially cost us the game... a long with our lack of energy and tackling fuel.

waterboy-tacklin-fuel.gif

BleedNPurple

Waaaaaa - when do you do battle? The officials were frustrating all day - this was another obvious flub. Coach has to stand up for his team too!

Brog

One thing you don't seem to care about is that those defensive guys played hard those last minutes, and one of the things they can do that actually score is to get a safety. They got a safety, but they didn't get credit for it, didn't score. Their coach cared about that and said something about it. The defensive linemen deserved better from the officials.

CountryFrog

I don't understand the idea of saving it for when it matters. It's not like he has some kind of mulligan card he can use that will actually change a bad call and he needs to save it for a game deciding moment. Complaining after a 1 point loss is no more or less effective than complaining after a 40 point win.

So there's 2 ways you can go about it. Complain whenever you think it's deserved or never complain publicly at all no matter what. If you're a never complain at all guy then that's understandable. But it seems that Sonny is the type who's going to tell you what he thinks regardless of the final score and that's fine with me.

CountryFrog

One thing you don't seem to care about is that those defensive guys played hard those last minutes, and one of the things they can do that actually score is to get a safety. They got a safety, but they didn't get credit for it, didn't score. Their coach cared about that and said something about it. The defensive linemen deserved better from the officials.
Good point. Let's just imagine that an offensive player broke a run that clearly got into the endzone but the officials for some reason just decided to put the ball at the 2 yard line and then the TD never happened. I think everyone would be like "what the scheiss are they doing there? They just robbed that guy of a TD."

But for whatever reason when it's a defensive safety that's in question then there seems to be more of a "oh well just forget it and move on" type of attitude from a lot of people. But for those defensive players it's a really big deal.

Prince of Purpoole II

Reigning Smartarse
I don't understand the idea of saving it for when it matters. It's not like he has some kind of mulligan card he can use that will actually change a bad call and he needs to save it for a game deciding moment. Complaining after a 1 point loss is no more or less effective than complaining after a 40 point win.

So there's 2 ways you can go about it. Complain whenever you think it's deserved or never complain publicly at all no matter what. If you're a never complain at all guy then that's understandable. But it seems that Sonny is the type who's going to tell you what he thinks regardless of the final score and that's fine with me.
This here

bmoney214

OUCH!!!
Probably a bit of a mercy call but it was close. "Forward progress" I guess, but sure looked like the QB was retreating on his own and was not being pushed back.
It absolutely looked like a safety. The official call was his forward progress was stopped at the 1yd line.

Froglaw

You’re Post is ignorant.

Sonny did not make his comments for Frog fans. He did it so his players will know he’ll defend their on field performances against all comers.

it had nothing to do with the score.

Latest posts