• The KillerFrogs

Student Section This Weekend - Open Seating?

Wexahu

Why would any reasonable person pay $50 through the box office when StubHub has upper east side seats available for $20-25? I'm sure with this being a game vs 1-10 Baylor and Thanksgiving break, you can probably just walk into the student section if that's what you truly desire. Just because people can afford the $45k doesn't mean they should overpay for a seat that is readily available for a cheaper price

That's a good point, I haven't looked on Stubhub and I'm not factoring in the fact that you probably could just walk into the student section no matter where your ticket is.

It kind of proves though that any renovations they make that would add to the seating capacity is just asking for more empty seats if $50 for great seats is considered outrageous.

roscoetee

A question (and my appologies if this is not the place to post it but this thread seems active, so...)

I am coming to my first game at Amon Carter Stadium and want to know if there is any transportation around the stadium - shuttle stop to tailgate area, tailgate to stadium entrance, etc. My wife has some trouble getting around and I want to know if there are any pedi-cabs, golf carts, anything like that around the stadium. Thanks in advance for any help.

WhiteHispanicFrog

Curmudgeon
A question (and my appologies if this is not the place to post it but this thread seems active, so...)

I am coming to my first game at Amon Carter Stadium and want to know if there is any transportation around the stadium - shuttle stop to tailgate area, tailgate to stadium entrance, etc. My wife has some trouble getting around and I want to know if there are any pedi-cabs, golf carts, anything like that around the stadium. Thanks in advance for any help.

Don't know the answer to your specific questions, but here's a few links that might be helpful.

TCU Game Day A-to-Z Guide

TCU Football Parking

TCU Football Game Day Parking at Paschal High School

Horned Toad

I don't know of any shuttles or pedi-cabs but you can Uber close to the stadium to save some walking.

W

Way of the Frog

Question on the student seats.

Do the students pay any type of fee for access to sporting events?

When I was a student you just showed your ID and were allowed in and there was no fight for seating except for a few late season basketball games.

W

Way of the Frog

Thanks WHF.

So the ID gets you "free" access to the games if I am reading that correctly.

W

Way of the Frog

Thanks again WHF and Maniac for the info.

So is $50 the face value of the tickets for the game when they went on sale for individual games?

As a season ticket holder, I paid $50 face value for every game this season and could have gotten free/cheaper/better seats for all of them except UT so, yeah, I think $50 for one game at the 50 yard line against our most hated rival in less than 80 degree heat is a damn good deal.

GP frog

Contributor
All the posts note using reasonable thought process in why not to pay the $50. I would like to hear from the folks willing to buy them and ask them why ....