• The KillerFrogs

Student Section This Weekend - Open Seating?

Wexahu

I just ran the $50 ticket idea past my parents to see if they were interested. My dad laughed.

And yet people pay $40 for the “Party Pass” to just get into AT&T stadium so they can stand the whole game up in the 2nd level concourse. Not to mention the $75 just to park anywhere near the stadium. I guess there are some things that just aren’t meant to be understood.

Sticky_Wicket

Purple Baylor Alum
This is my thought process on the matter. Who are you trying to get to sit in the student section? If it's the season ticket holders, then you have to have a price point that's low enough to entice them to fork over the extra money to sit there. If it's the casual fan, who may be in town over the weekend, and just wants to see a good college football game at 11 in the morning after Thanksgiving, you have to have a reasonable enough price point. I think $50 per seat is too much for either of those people. Now, if the price were a dub, then that's a different matter. Many people, I believe, would spend a dub to move down from where their normal seats are, or to get a good college game in the morning after Thanksgiving. But FIDDY?
giphy.gif

lowfrog

Tired old eyes suffering from allergies read this as "from Turkey". Or maybe it was the capitalization that threw me. Was wondering if the country that used to have Constantinople or Turkey, Texas.

Had no idea they have TCU Showgirls in Turkey. Learn something new everyday.

cdsfrog

And yet people pay $40 for the “Party Pass” to just get into AT&T stadium so they can stand the whole game up in the 2nd level concourse. Not to mention the $75 just to park anywhere near the stadium. I guess there are some things that just aren’t meant to be understood.

Thats because seats are expensive as [ Finebaum ] and they have a huge fan base, insanely bigger than TCU does.

Thats a ripoff price and everyone knows it. $50 for that game is the equivalent of charging $195 for section 413/414 tickets versus Baylor football.

LSU Game Attendee

Yeah. May this some lovely day hold true:
Tex Schramm: Dallas Cowboys :: Elvis Gallegos:TCU Horned Frogs

4 Oaks Frog

Black what? Are you kidding me?

Why not just suggest riding your flying carpet to the game and watching the action while hovering over the 50-yardline?
That’s what Mrs. Four Oaks Frog an I do. But, don’t worry about the black jacket. It’s supposed to be 75-77 degrees on Friday.
Look for us on the carpet. We will be wearing black...
Spit Blood~~<~< and [Baylor asshoe]!!

Wexahu

Thats because seats are expensive as [ steaming pile of Orgeron ] and they have a huge fan base, insanely bigger than TCU does.

Thats a ripoff price and everyone knows it. $50 for that game is the equivalent of charging $195 for section 413/414 tickets versus Baylor football.

I know they have an insanely bigger fanbase and it's not exactly comparing apples to apples, but what I'm reading here is that even TCU fans, no matter how lukewarm they may be, are "laughing" at great seats being priced at $50. That seems odd to me, especially coming from the fan base of a school that costs over $45k/year to attend.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
There's a lot of BU hats and shirts out there as give-away's. Pretty easy to come by. Most don't even know what they are wearing.

Once Upon A Time...

I was rolling into Austin for a meeting at the old Driskill Hotel. Coming off 35, and turning up towards the hotel, one passes a "homeless" shelter. Plenty of shabbily clad fellows wandering about. Some nice UT types were handing out hats to the less fortunate, who were quite happy to get free stuff, and many of the dirty, unkempt homeless were proudly strutting away wearing spiffy, brand-new A&M hats...

BigDubya2012

I know they have an insanely bigger fanbase and it's not exactly comparing apples to apples, but what I'm reading here is that even TCU fans, no matter how lukewarm they may be, are "laughing" at great seats being priced at $50. That seems odd to me, especially coming from the fan base of a school that costs over $45k/year to attend.

Why would any reasonable person pay $50 through the box office when StubHub has upper east side seats available for $20-25? I'm sure with this being a game vs 1-10 Baylor and Thanksgiving break, you can probably just walk into the student section if that's what you truly desire. Just because people can afford the $45k doesn't mean they should overpay for a seat that is readily available for a cheaper price

jake102

Why would any reasonable person pay $50 through the box office when StubHub has upper east side seats available for $20-25? I'm sure with this being a game vs 1-10 Baylor and Thanksgiving break, you can probably just walk into the student section if that's what you truly desire. Just because people can afford the $45k doesn't mean they should overpay for a seat that is readily available for a cheaper price

Didn't get rich by giving it away