• The KillerFrogs

Student Section This Weekend - Open Seating?

Uncle_Frog

Sorry if this has already been discussed but will they open the student section for open seating since most students will be out of town? I cant remember if they did two years ago against Baylor.

Zubaz

I guess I don't get it. $50 for great seats to watch the #10 team in the country play one of their biggest rivals seems like a darn good deal.
Baylor is a rival, but because of the last 18 months there's zero excitement around the game. This is $50 for great seats to watch the #10 team in the country play one of the worst teams in the country, who lost to UTSA, Liberty, and everyone else not named Kansas, over a holiday weekend, at 11 AM.

Tough sell.

Pharm Frog

Didn't pay half that to have 40 yard line seats to watch #4 TCU thrash Kansas on a beautiful evening for football. Well...a little over half that after the convenience charge.

Atomic Frawg

This is my thought process on the matter. Who are you trying to get to sit in the student section? If it's the season ticket holders, then you have to have a price point that's low enough to entice them to fork over the extra money to sit there. If it's the casual fan, who may be in town over the weekend, and just wants to see a good college football game at 11 in the morning after Thanksgiving, you have to have a reasonable enough price point. I think $50 per seat is too much for either of those people. Now, if the price were a dub, then that's a different matter. Many people, I believe, would spend a dub to move down from where their normal seats are, or to get a good college game in the morning after Thanksgiving. But FIDDY?

Tom Brown

This is my thought process on the matter. Who are you trying to get to sit in the student section? If it's the season ticket holders, then you have to have a price point that's low enough to entice them to fork over the extra money to sit there. If it's the casual fan, who may be in town over the weekend, and just wants to see a good college football game at 11 in the morning after Thanksgiving, you have to have a reasonable enough price point. I think $50 per seat is too much for either of those people. Now, if the price were a dub, then that's a different matter. Many people, I believe, would spend a dub to move down from where their normal seats are, or to get a good college game in the morning after Thanksgiving. But FIDDY?

For the olds:
A dub is $20

Moose Stuff

I just ran the $50 ticket idea past my parents to see if they were interested. My dad laughed.