• The KillerFrogs

Start Getting Your Hopes Up For TCU Basketball

Sebastian S

I think that’s the problem when you have a one trick pony. He goes cold and the rest of the team isn’t used to having to step up like the Frogs are capable of when one guy goes cold.

True.

As "bad" as he has been lately, I still think he will be fine in the NBA.

They don't play defense in the NBA and he will have more talent around him.

netty2424

I think that’s the problem when you have a one trick pony. He goes cold and the rest of the team isn’t used to having to step up like the Frogs are capable of when one guy goes cold.
Kruger has a tough job coaching that kid. It's so rare. You're correct I think. They have relied on him so much throughout the season, and rightfully so, but he's gone cold per se and now they're having to figure out how to win despite him still taking shots at a high rate that aren't falling. Tough to overcome that shooting deficit.

I hope he keeps shooting. I hope they keep missing the mark. And I hope OU slow drips right out of the tourney.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
Kruger has a tough job coaching that kid. It's so rare. You're correct I think. They have relied on him so much throughout the season, and rightfully so, but he's gone cold per se and now they're having to figure out how to win despite him still taking shots at a high rate that aren't falling. Tough to overcome that shooting deficit.

I hope he keeps shooting. I hope they keep missing the mark. And I hope OU slow drips right out of the tourney.
Probabaly a good chance the number of minutes he has played is starting to take a toll. He is only a freshman.

Rose Bowl

I’ll leave this hear, I was listening to Sirius ch 204 and they were talking about the tourney and teams that could make a run. One of guys said his sleeper was TCU and that he felt the seed was going to be much worse than it should be. He did point out the defensive inefficiencies but felt that the offense is very good and the team could make a sweet 16 or even a final four run with the right matchups. Kind of funny that people not associated with the program think we’re a good team while many of our so-called fans do not.

mgsouthpaw

I’ll leave this hear, I was listening to Sirius ch 204 and they were talking about the tourney and teams that could make a run. One of guys said his sleeper was TCU and that he felt the seed was going to be much worse than it should be. He did point out the defensive inefficiencies but felt that the offense is very good and the team could make a sweet 16 or even a final four run with the right matchups. Kind of funny that people not associated with the program think we’re a good team while many of our so-called fans do not.

oh goodness.....so to be a fan u have to think this team is a certain level of good? Any other requirements (can’t live in dallas, open carry supporter, ffa member)?

Rose Bowl

oh goodness.....so to be a fan u have to think this team is a certain level of good? Any other requirements (can’t live in dallas, open carry supporter, ffa member)?

All I said is there’s a segment of fans who don’t think we’re any good. I don’t know if you’re one who thinks that or not but by your comment I could surmise you are. Just look at many of the hoops threads and you’ll see many comments about how we aren’t a tourney team. I just posted about someone who has no connection to TCU that felt we are very good. Don’t be so sensitive.

FrogLifeYo

Many of our fans actually watch all our games. We know where we are inefficient and struggle..Having said that, we won’t be an easy out for anyone.

Rose Bowl

Many of our fans actually watch all our games. We know where we are inefficient and struggle..Having said that, we won’t be an easy out for anyone.

All I did was post something about what another guy said about TCU. I don’t know what the big deal is about what I posted.

I didn’t realize we had so many weak fans.

I’m going back into hibernation now.

Wexahu

I think we’re a pretty good team but at some point you have to start winning some games. We’re 14 games into the conference season and have yet to put two wins in a row together.....and the non conference schedule was weak by anyone’s standards. Some fans are a little frustrated, and rightfully so. Hopefully we end on a high note, get into the tournament, and go on a nice run.

TCUownstheBig12

I think we’re a pretty good team but at some point you have to start winning some games. We’re 14 games into the conference season and have yet to put two wins in a row together.....and the non conference schedule was weak by anyone’s standards. Some fans are a little frustrated, and rightfully so. Hopefully we end on a high note, get into the tournament, and go on a nice run.

Agreed. Just because some of us don't think that this team the greatest team in school history, we are automatically lesser fans. I hope that we win the whole damn thing...but I'm not delusional about our odds. Are we a good bet as a "sleeper"? Sure. Like I've said before, I feel we are closer to being left out of the tournament than a 4-5 seed type "contender"...however, if win 3 of the next 4 and win 1-2 in the Big 12 tournament...I'll likely be incorrect on my prediction (and gladly so).

The lowest point of my TCU fandom was in Oklahoma City in 1998 at the hands of Florida State (not the tough CWS losses, not the Fiesta Bowl and Boise, not the infamous 13-10 Utah game)...so anything to exercise those demons would be extremely welcomed in my personal sports sphere.

PO Frog

Agreed. Just because some of us don't think that this team the greatest team in school history, we are automatically lesser fans. I hope that we win the whole damn thing...but I'm not delusional about our odds. Are we a good bet as a "sleeper"? Sure. Like I've said before, I feel we are closer to being left out of the tournament than a 4-5 seed type "contender"...however, if win 3 of the next 4 and win 1-2 in the Big 12 tournament...I'll likely be incorrect on my prediction (and gladly so).

The lowest point of my TCU fandom was in Oklahoma City in 1998 at the hands of Florida State (not the tough CWS losses, not the Fiesta Bowl and Boise, not the infamous 13-10 Utah game)...so anything to exercise those demons would be extremely welcomed in my personal sports sphere.

*exorcise

You want to drive the demons out, not give them a workout.

LVH

I was at that game. The Bryce Drew Valpo shot was the game before ours. I was only 10 years old but the whole TCU section was basically going nuts as we felt that once Valpo won we had a cakewalk to the Sweet 16. Then we got completely outplayed by a team that went 6-10 in the ACC.

BleedNPurple

He probably didn’t watch the Texas Tech bed crapping I had to sit through.