• The KillerFrogs

Shawn Robinson tranferring

Moose Stuff

Not a fan of this at all and I think it is a big deal. I think Robinson was equal to 2013 Boykin. Lots of potential that hadn't been realized yet. Give him another offseason and spring and I think he could have had a good year.

No idea why so many here are so high on Collins. In the games Collins played he was never better than Robinson. Equal yes, better no. Robinson has a higher upside and more playmaking ability. Collins is a serviceable backup but I dont think he is a QB that can win the Big 12. Look at the QBs who have won the Big 12 lately. Boykin. Mayfield. Murray. Collin Klein.

I seriously thought Robinson was going to win the starting job in 2019 and have a breakout year.

I am guessing this means Hurts is coming in or that Rogers is further along than we think. I'd be really surprised if Duggan was a contender to start right away as good as he looks. GP is not one to start true freshman QBs.

One that’s here in the spring would have a better chance though.

Zubaz

This is the first true starting QB to leave since A&M’s Mattress Mack bowl MVP Casey Printers, right?

I know we have a lot of “potential” coming in, but I think this hurts. I was willing to chalk his turnover issues up to his injury, wish he would stick around.

MCFROG III

I thought D’eriq King was playing pretty good down there no?

King is solid for next year, but they have a very good true freshman named Tune (I think) who came in for King after his injury. They are possibly not going to play Tune in the AF Bowl due to already having played in his 4th game.

LVH

Why is this not a really big deal?

I think a lot of people are biased toward Collins's first 2 drives against Oklahoma. The thing is, it was against the Oklahoma defense. And the two TDs, one was a tunnel screen where Turpin did all the work, the other was a nice fade ball but Robinson had made that throw to Reagor many times in games before. Then everything fell apart. Collins went on to have a so-so game at Kansas, a bad game vs. K State, a terrible game vs WVU and looked bad against Baylor before getting hurt.

Take out the first 2 drives vs. Oklahoma, was Collins really better than Robinson? I'd say Robinson's first half vs. Ohio State was more impressive.

netty2424

I think a lot of people are biased toward Collins's first 2 drives against Oklahoma. The thing is, it was against the Oklahoma defense. And the two TDs, one was a tunnel screen where Turpin did all the work, the other was a nice fade ball but Robinson had made that throw to Reagor many times in games before. Then everything fell apart. Collins went on to have a so-so game at Kansas, a bad game vs. K State, a terrible game vs WVU and looked bad against Baylor before getting hurt.

Take out the first 2 drives vs. Oklahoma, was Collins really better than Robinson? I'd say Robinson's first half vs. Ohio State was more impressive.
To me, and I don’t mean this to be disrespectful, but MC is a good serviceable back up QB. He plays smart, plays tough, but you won’t get into the playoffs or win past that with MC.

That said, I’m glad he’s here in purple and was able to keep us in the bow mix until his injury.

CryptoMiner

Because I’m comfortable with what we still have and I thought he was proving to be a real mediocre QB that had turnover issues.

So you are happy with 3 extremely unproven WBs with a total of 1 starts between them at this level?

Losing a starting Soph QB is a big no mtter who you re but especially if you are TCU.

Nobody is making a bigger deal of it than it is, not even close. Suprise is how many
people trying to down-play it even though it has been seen coming for over a month.

Frog-in-law1995

So you are happy with 3 extremely unproven WBs with a total of 1 starts between them at this level?

Losing a starting Soph QB is a big no mtter who you re but especially if you are TCU.

Nobody is making a bigger deal of it than it is, not even close. Suprise is how many
people trying to down-play it even though it has been seen coming for over a month.

Collins has 4 starts. Shawn only had 7.

Horny4TCU

200w.webp

It will be easier for TCU players to catch some of his throws...

Moose Stuff

Collins started 4 games, not 1. And I didn’t say I was “happy” with what we had, I said I’m comfortable with it and I’m certain we’ll bring someone else in as well. I’m not sure what the point of your last sentence is.

WhatTheFrog

I thought D’eriq King was playing pretty good down there no?
I don't follow UH hardly at all, but thought I'd heard that their QB was sitting out the Armed Forces Bowl and assumed it was to "work on preparing for the NFL". I could be very wrong, though. It's happened once before.

HG73

Collins had 2 interceptions and no fumbles. Period. Imagine what a team we would have had this year with no QB fumbles.

The terrible game against WVU he had 229 yards and 1TD with no turnovers while the team rushed for negative yards.

He got good experience this year and should be better next year.

Moose Stuff

You’re way off in your assessment of Collins in the WV game IMO.