• The KillerFrogs

Shawn Robinson tranferring

LeagueCityFrog

TCU quarterbacks that were on scholarship and transferred out haven't had much success. See Foster Sawyer, that kid from Kansas that disappeared at Southern Miss, and that Allen kid that went to Rutgers. Never to be heard from again. #justsayin

flyfishingfrog

Struggled at the qb position more than I expected given his “talent” level in HS and his time in the program

Always bothered me that he was a little too casual about his mistakes afterwards- I get not letting it eat at you, but a real competitor gets at least a little pissed at himself every time

Now he is transferring much like he has in the past

I wish he was staying to push himself and the others to be the best - but I would rather have to go with a new guy that is unproven than a known one that has proven to be mediocre and evidently doesn’t want to be our guy that bad...

FrogLifeYo

Part of the reason that was so effective is there was no film of it. We basically surprised Okie St with a new offense. We run that 3-4-5 games in a row, its not as effective imo.
I agree but that offense even with film on it would have likely kept us in games against OU and WVU...It was creative enough at chewing clock and keeping the QB from loosing games..

LeagueCityFrog

Also, Shawn Robinson never spelt National Championship to me after watching this first six games. He seemed really slow reading the defense and reluctant to run unlike Boykin, maybe because he was hurt. If I was Gary, at this part of my coaching career, I would be saying to myself," How do I rebuild that TCU team that destroyed the Ole Miss team that beat Bama two years in a row?" Make a Pete Carroll / USC run and win a couple of national championships then retire and head straight to TCU tailgates to receive high fives and premium cocktails until death.

smufrogger

So you are happy with 3 extremely unproven WBs with a total of 1 starts between them at this level?

Losing a starting Soph QB is a big no mtter who you re but especially if you are TCU.

Nobody is making a bigger deal of it than it is, not even close. Suprise is how many
people trying to down-play it even though it has been seen coming for over a month.
He didn’t seem like a team leader. I think we’ll be better without him

netty2424

I agree but that offense even with film on it would have likely kept us in games against OU and WVU...It was creative enough at chewing clock and keeping the QB from loosing games..
I respect your opinion, but we’ll just have to agree to disagree. We didnt have the horses to compete with OU this year or last. And WVU was just too much for us on the road.

FrogLifeYo

I respect your opinion, but we’ll just have to agree to disagree. We didnt have the horses to compete with OU this year or last. And WVU was just too much for us on the road.
I don’t by any meens think we win either one of those games...Im simply stating we could be “in” them with the offense we had Muehlstein run..We certainly didn’t have the horses but we also didn’t game plan to our talent either. Trying to play at their pace was pure stupidity on our part

Eight

one small point about the offense tcu ran at the end of the year is frogs got their best offensive line play of the year in those final games when a couple of big changes were made in the offensive line.

frogs get mid-season level offensive line play in those last two games frogs don't win both games and there is no bowl.

4th. down

one small point about the offense tcu ran at the end of the year is frogs got their best offensive line play of the year in those final games when a couple of big changes were made in the offensive line.

frogs get mid-season level offensive line play in those last two games frogs don't win both games and there is no bowl.

Not saying it is, but it is possible that the TEAM, not the coaches, who wanted Mule all along. At least that's the way they played, offense and defense. The TEAM knows. Look for a win in the bowl game.