• The KillerFrogs

Reasons to be Optimistic against OSU?

texas_sicilian

So basically what we'd be doing over here if the roles were reversed.
Nah, pretty sure we could be 3-0 with 70 hung on each team, holding them all to scoreless defeats, with a QB that has a 100% completion percentage, and this place would probably sound about the same.

Instead, we're a measly 3-0 with a QB that has a 75% completion rate.

Last edited:

Deep Purple

For what it's worth, yesterday I asked John Denton how we could beat Oklahoma State. He said, "We're not gonna stop 'em from scoring, but if we can hold them to under 40, we have a chance to win."

I told him I could have gotten that much information from Brian Estridge.

NYC Poke

Here's to hoping their team will be of the same mindset as their fans right now...

Geez, if you go over to their message boards, barely a peep on this game.

Just a bunch of threads on heisman candidacy, current OSU ranking in the polls, and potential CFP birth possibilities...

Oh, and a couple of posts that say they'll "roll" against us, and "wouldn't be surprised if they win by 3 TD's".

Really hope they do in fact take us for granted.

To be fair, we are pretty pumped by the Sinor4Heisman campaign.

Wexahu

For what it's worth, yesterday I asked John Denton how we could beat Oklahoma State. He said, "We're not gonna stop 'em from scoring, but if we can hold them to under 40, we have a chance to win."

GP has to just cringe at thoughts like this. "Hold" them to under 40?

The key to keeping teams from scoring a crapload of points is to turn TD drives into FG drives. That's what we need to happen more than once.

Moose Stuff

The key to keeping teams from scoring a crapload of points is to turn TD drives into FG drives. That's what we need to happen more than once.

Some little breaks here and there help as well. A key dropped pass, a false start on 3rd and 1, a fumbled snap, Mason Rudolph's head falls off..... all could help hold down the score some.

W

Way of the Frog

[QUOTE="Wexahu, post: 2457081, member: 72863"]GP has to just cringe at thoughts like this. "Hold" them to under 40?[/QUOTE]

Why, isn't he the very same Coach we have heard over the years who keeps telling us the goal for each game is to win by 1?

Wexahu

[QUOTE="Wexahu, post: 2457081, member: 72863"]GP has to just cringe at thoughts like this. "Hold" them to under 40?

Why, isn't he the very same Coach we have heard over the years who keeps telling us the goal for each game is to win by 1?[/QUOTE]

Way of the Frog, you need to stop getting all worked up over my posts. It's clear that somehow I've gotten under your skin. You're just disagreeing with me to disagree now.

This doesn't even make any sense. You actually believe GP when he says the goal is win each game by 1 point? Then why was he not pleased when we beat SMU by 20?

I see an epic Texas Tech Game where we shut them down and hold them to 3 points and win hopefully more than 12 to 3, but would take a great defensive performance. Lots of 3 and outs and punts for OSU and their frustration mounts and they turn to passing only. We can do it.

Mean Purple

Why, isn't he the very same Coach we have heard over the years who keeps telling us the goal for each game is to win by 1?

Way of the Frog, you need to stop getting all worked up over my posts. It's clear that somehow I've gotten under your skin. You're just disagreeing with me to disagree now.

This doesn't even make any sense. You actually believe GP when he says the goal is win each game by 1 point? Then why was he not pleased when we beat SMU by 20?[/QUOTE]
big 10 sux

NYC Poke

This would give y'all a very good chance. We're questionable in our kicking game.

A bit off topic perhaps, but I've had drinks a few times with Texada's dad (I'm now in Dallas). He's a very solid dude, though he never listened to me about the extent of the trouble Baylor would be facing and let his other son go there (he had an offer from Duke, wonder how he felt last week?).

W

Way of the Frog

So simply pointing out flaws in your reasoning equates to being worked up......huh.

Yes, I do believe Gary when he says the ultimate goal he has for each game is to win and that his knowing how difficult it is to win a game let alone repeat the process multiple times in a season why depending upon what is most possibly the most undependable thing in the world, 18-24 year old males.

I also believe that Gary said what he said about how the Frogs played against SMU is that there is a difference in achieving a goal (aka winning the game) and the performance of his team. Patterson knows that his team did not play near their best and to win further games they will need to play better. Not sure how you can not understand the difference between his team achieving a goal and playing at a level he finds acceptable to win future games.

Don't think for a minute he would give that win back nor think he wouldn't be pushing this team even if they had scored 80.

Finally, I truly believe that if this TCU team plays as hard as they can and they come out of Stillwater with a 3-2 victory or 51-50 victory Gary will once again happily take the win as well as push his team to get even better.

You spend far too much time in your hypothetical arguments dude, you seem to miss far too much of what is obvious.