• The KillerFrogs

Reasons to be Optimistic against OSU?

Your OOC somewhat resembles Briles methodology in packing it full of pansies. So go pinch your own scrotum, we're looking forward to rolling through Stillwater and punching you boys in the mouth!!

Good luck on Saturday!!
The Massey Rating Composite compiles all of the legitimate computer ranking systems int one single compilation. Massey ranks Pitt #58, Tulsa #59 and Arkansas #65. Oh...and SMU comes in at #76.

https://www.masseyratings.com/cf/compare.htm

It appears it's TCU that has played cream puffs. And don't forget that Clemson lost one game last year...to Pitt.

netty2424

The Massey Rating Composite compiles all of the legitimate computer ranking systems int one single compilation. Massey ranks Pitt #58, Tulsa #59 and Arkansas #65. Oh...and SMU comes in at #76.

https://www.masseyratings.com/cf/compare.htm

It appears it's TCU that has played cream puffs. And don't forget that Clemson lost one game last year...to Pitt.
The fact that you think Pitt is a better team than Arkansas tells me you don't know sport! I could give two ships about some algorithm. At some point you just have to play the game.

Lone Frog

Walking the dog tonight, pondering the game (because it was an easier puzzle than a writing block I'm dealing with), I was trying as best I could to dispassionately assess whether there was reason beyond the purely theoretical - the "that's why they play the games" line - to think we could win. I considered what I've seen of us, what I've seen of them, what some of you on here have said. And came to the conclusion that though we are, rightly so, the underdogs, we do have a decent shot at this.

Maybe two seconds after I decided this, I heard a long, loud blast from a distant train whistle.

It doesn't count as a "reason" for optimism, but maybe it counts as a sign.

bbell

That's ridiculous. They changed to a QB for whom very little film exists. We were up by 35 when he came in. He led one scoring drive and we answere with another. That made it 42 to 7. The game was already over in the first half. Pitt scored one more offensive drive and got a special teams TD. OSU still held their offense scoreless in the second half.

Here's a fact that should make your scrotum pinch up. When OSU has been leading any of our games this year by 34 or fewer points (in other words while the game is still SOMEWHAT in play) the OSU defense has allowed 10 points to be scored in THREE GAMES!

Good luck on Saturday.

Lots of confidence and swagger coming from you guys and you haven't even been tested yet. Well we will see what OSU is made of this Saturday. TCU is coming to knock some reality back into you all.

Frog81

And don't forget that Clemson lost one game last year...to Pitt.[/QUOTE]

Uh, so? OSU lost to Baylor in Waco last year (early in the season I might add) and TCU beat the Bears by 40 in Waco. So what does mean? Nothing, that was last year. You beat us last year, doesn't guarantee a victory this year.

Hoping for an injury free games for both teams. Go Frogs!

TCU is going to eat lightening and crap thunder. We are going to out physicallamate those so called "Cowboys." The cowboys are no called: Free Range wildlife management experts!

That's ridiculous. They changed to a QB for whom very little film exists. We were up by 35 when he came in. He led one scoring drive and we answere with another. That made it 42 to 7. The game was already over in the first half. Pitt scored one more offensive drive and got a special teams TD. OSU still held their offense scoreless in the second half.

Here's a fact that should make your scrotum pinch up. When OSU has been leading any of our games this year by 34 or fewer points (in other words while the game is still SOMEWHAT in play) the OSU defense has allowed 10 points to be scored in THREE GAMES!

Good luck on Saturday.
I'm skeert. Maybe we should just forfeit.

Somebody hold me.

GoPokes1981

I get that you guys are confident and all but both teams have something in common. You guys haven't seen an offense like OSU and no SMU isn't even in the same ballpark as OSU and lacks the amount of play makers OSU has. We also haven't seen a defense as good as yours. I feel confident the Pokes will pull it out based on the Frogs performance against SMU specifically in the first half. Hill has never been consistent and he's prone to mistakes as we've all seen the last few years. I have a feeling he turns it over a few times Saturday. I don't feel you guys have the offense to keep up. Like what many others have said if you guys bring your A game on offense, get a few stops on defense, and win the turnover margin you might have a chance in the end. I think OSU covers with a final of 52-35

f_399

This current team may have not seen an offense like OSU 2017 but Patterson has seen his fair share of good offenses.

Pattersons defense is the only reason I have any ounce of confidence. If that does not work, you will be correct, we will not be able to match you in a shootout.

It will be fun nonetheless. Looking forward to it and hoping it's not a blowout.

GoPokes1981

This current team may have not seen an offense like OSU 2017 but Patterson has seen his fair share of good offenses.

Pattersons defense is the only reason I have any ounce of confidence. If that does not work, you will be correct, we will not be able to match you in a shootout.

It will be fun nonetheless. Looking forward to it and hoping it's not a blowout.

Looking forward to an injury free game and good luck to you guys. Hope whoever is traveling to Stillwater has a good time.

Wexahu

I don't see why not. Yes, this will be the best offense we have faced, by far I would imagine. However, I'd say they haven't faced an offense close to as good as ours either, unless someone wants to argue Tulsa's is. But our defense is lights years better than Tulsa's, I'm confident in that, so that kind of negates that argument.

True, if our defense lets OSU just run up and down the field, we have no chance. Duh. That'd be the case with any team we play. But I don't see any reason why we couldn't win a 50-45 type game.

Tom Brown

I don't see why not. Yes, this will be the best offense we have faced, by far I would imagine. However, I'd say they haven't faced an offense close to as good as ours either, unless someone wants to argue Tulsa's is. But our defense is lights years better than Tulsa's, I'm confident in that, so that kind of negates that argument.

True, if our defense lets OSU just run up and down the field, we have no chance. Duh. That'd be the case with any team we play. But I don't see any reason why we couldn't win a 50-45 type game.

And I don't think pure point quantity is a true measure of our offensive improvement, the ability to keep oSu off the field will be key.

Austintxfrog94

I get that you guys are confident and all but both teams have something in common. You guys haven't seen an offense like OSU and no SMU isn't even in the same ballpark as OSU and lacks the amount of play makers OSU has. We also haven't seen a defense as good as yours. I feel confident the Pokes will pull it out based on the Frogs performance against SMU specifically in the first half. Hill has never been consistent and he's prone to mistakes as we've all seen the last few years. I have a feeling he turns it over a few times Saturday. I don't feel you guys have the offense to keep up. Like what many others have said if you guys bring your A game on offense, get a few stops on defense, and win the turnover margin you might have a chance in the end. I think OSU covers with a final of 52-35
I truly hope the OSU football team is thinking like this as well. Ranked in the top 20 and we have to be perfect and can only hope for a chance. Seems like the perfect thinking for upset (if the players think that way)

ifrog

But we have seen your offense the past two years. You haven't seen OUR defense because a lot of the guys were injured and we have some transfer and outstanding freshman. You also haven't seen our offense healthy. We are one of the fastest teams in college football especially at the skill positions. And finally Hill has a QBR in the same league as both Rudolph and Mayfield. This isn't the same Hill from last year.

GoPokes1981

I truly hope the OSU football team is thinking like this as well. Ranked in the top 20 and we have to be perfect and can only hope for a chance. Seems like the perfect thinking for upset (if the players think that way)

How many games did you guys win last year and how many did the Pokes win? Better yet the Frogs are yet to win in the state of Oklahoma since joining the conference so where's this confidence coming from? The pokes won 10 games last year so we expect a win. I'm sure the players and coaches are not thinking this way just like I'm sure the Frogs players and coaches aren't feeling overconfident either. Yeah Hill is playing better thus far only three games in and Rudolph is playing just the way he has the two years prior. I just think Hill is due to have a bad game understandably so. Who is to say he's not the same Hill?

jake102

I don't really understand why you think we are confident? Most posts acknowledge that we have a small shot of winning this. There are ways we can win, we aren't Jackson State, but things will need to go very well.