• The KillerFrogs

Patterson Needs an Invite to the Championship game (on TCU dime)

tcufrogprince1

I know I am going to get some slack for this, but TCU needs to pay for Gary to go to the NC Game. He is not the one who got them there this year, but he is part of the story. He did so much in the trenches for so many years that I think it's the least we can do. Really its just fans who have a sour thought on Patterson. Sonny has stated repeatedly his respect for Patterson so I dont think he would care. I just feel it's the right thing to do and a great way to take a negative ending and turn it into a positive. Thoughts? IF you dont like the thought, that's fine. Just say why you disagree and add to a debate. Please, just act like adults.

froginmn

I like the idea of an invite. Not sure about paying for it (and not sure if that means just tickets, or more). But it would be cool for him to be there. Wouldn't mind for him to chat up Gillespie ahead of the game about any observations either.

Those who don't like the idea can console themselves with the fact that it would be painful for Gary.

Eight

I know I am going to get some slack for this, but TCU needs to pay for Gary to go to the NC Game. He is not the one who got them there this year, but he is part of the story. He did so much in the trenches for so many years that I think it's the least we can do. Really its just fans who have a sour thought on Patterson. Sonny has stated repeatedly his respect for Patterson so I dont think he would care. I just feel it's the right thing to do and a great way to take a negative ending and turn it into a positive. Thoughts? IF you dont like the thought, that's fine. Just say why you disagree and add to a debate. Please, just act like adults.

gary and his guests? no and simply because he didn't do this buy himself, but if they wanted to make available to fran, gary, bumpas, eddie tickets for the game then yes because sonny didn't turn this around by himself and gary didn't accomplish what he did by himself as well

with that said, around the world's idea of a concrete proxy isn't a terrible idea

tcufrogprince1

I hope he is there in some way. Even if its not TCU paying. He probably does have enough, but if TCU pays, they control the narrative. If they dont, I think other people can make it mean something else.

Maybe a video at half time with him wishing the players and the coach luck?

Eight

I hope he is there in some way. Even if its not TCU paying. He probably does have enough, but if TCU pays, they control the narrative. If they dont, I think other people can make it mean something else.

Maybe a video at half time with him wishing the players and the coach luck?

heck no to air or screen time for him and i agree with pharm that there doesn't need to be any type of distraction to those inside the program

bbell

In order for TCU and GP to eventually ‘make peace’, someone has to be the bigger man. Maybe it doesn’t mean TCU buying him tickets to the game, but GP should be there. It is worth inviting him at the very least.

In order for TCU and GP to eventually ‘make peace’, someone has to be the bigger man. Maybe it doesn’t mean TCU buying him tickets to the game, but GP should be there. It is worth inviting him at the very least.
Too much bad blood between him and Athletics/Administration. That said, I would be surprised if he is not there with a few certain boosters he still rubs shoulders with.