• The KillerFrogs

Patterson Needs an Invite to the Championship game (on TCU dime)

Zubaz

Patterson shouldn't have anything "officially" to do with TCU's presence in the CFP Final. Obviously. Nothing good can come of it.

All of the hate on GP beyond that though is just embarassing stuff though. Patterson doesn't want to see us win? Please. Children.

count frogula

The dude is seething inside, especially after his performance at UT (1-3 against OU, Alabama and TCU, plus the bowl game). It's not just his fault, though, because his wife is his "marketing director" and advises on his moves. The timing of his TV interview is absolutely by design to make sure he claims his share of the limelight. I'm sure he'll try to say all of the right things, but it's just a pitiful attempt to salvage his recent reputation. And it doesn't help his bitterness that his crypto investments went "poof".

Virginia Frog

In order for TCU and GP to eventually ‘make peace’, someone has to be the bigger man. Maybe it doesn’t mean TCU buying him tickets to the game, but GP should be there. It is worth inviting him at the very least.
When one "invites", the protocol is for the invited is to be a guest. Inviting would mean at the very minimum: tickets (2) and some kind of parking/food/beverage hospitality. (In sorts, one is asking for a date! Yea, I know some of you guys pulled the "I don't have any money routine" with a senorita or two back in your day.:D)

"Longhorn Gary" widened the disenfranchisement with the program/fanbase/university with his tantrums (nobody like to be fired/dismissed - I get it - life is not fair.) and his "get back" by bedding with the DelContees. (It would buy-in to the narrative that UT was supreme and that the Austin-ites are better than "lowly" ole TCU.

It's a nice thought and lovely in a poetic sense, TCU Nation is forgiving, but this game is for all the marbles and no distraction of any type is welcome.

My thoughts: Thank you Gary for all you did - And you were right and a real Nostradamus, a coach CAN win a NC at TCU!

Wexahu

Patterson shouldn't have anything "officially" to do with TCU's presence in the CFP Final. Obviously. Nothing good can come of it.

All of the hate on GP beyond that though is just embarassing stuff though. Patterson doesn't want to see us win? Please. Children.
Talk about embarrassing. Children? What the hell is that supposed to mean?

I don't think he wants us to win, period. He might say he does, but deep down I think this is absolutely killing him and he wants us to lose. If he had handled his exit from TCU in a more gracious way, I could maaayyybe be convinced he is enjoying our success, but even then it would be damn hard.

Zubaz

Were TCU to even unofficially invite GP to this game, it would be a figurative slap in the face of Sonny Dykes. What would we be saying to our current coach? Here's the guy who's really responsible for your TCU success? A guy who never managed to actually beat you on the field?
Pedantic alert: Patterson has beaten Dykes....when he was the LA Tech head coach for the 2011 Poinsettia Bowl.
Talk about embarrassing. Children? What the hell is that supposed to mean?

I don't think he wants us to win, period. He might say he does, but deep down I think this is absolutely killing him and he wants us to lose. If he had handled his exit from TCU in a more gracious way, I could maaayyybe be convinced he is enjoying our success, but even then it would be damn hard.
It is ridiculous the way that some of the posters here talk of the dude that absolutely built our program. Yes it was time to part ways, and yes that's awkward and there were some hurt feelings, but the man deserves way way more respect than some are showing here, and it's a slap in his face to suggest suggest that he doesn't care about these players or the program. He has been nothing but gracious when discussing TCU since leaving, most notably comments he made after the UT game, before the CCG game, and after the Fiesta Bowl. I have absolutely no doubt that he would be thrilled to see a national title at TCU, even if there is a pang of "I wish it was me that brought it here".

[and yes, he works for UT now. And I'm sure he wanted to win that game. What did he say right after it was over to Duggan?]

HFrog1999

I wonder if he'll get as much airtime as JJ's girlfriend?

Or his dad

Awkward Season 4 GIF by The Office

Vlade Davis

Ticket Exchange Pass
When he hugged Max after the UT game, didn't the mics pick up that he told him he'd be there for the Playoff if he makes it? Instead he was at some lame ass NYE party and posting something on Twitter. His post-TCU life is cringey.