• The KillerFrogs

Patterson Needs an Invite to the Championship game (on TCU dime)

froginmn

I hope he is there in some way. Even if its not TCU paying. He probably does have enough, but if TCU pays, they control the narrative. If they dont, I think other people can make it mean something else.

Maybe a video at half time with him wishing the players and the coach luck?
Riff Ram

Moose Stuff

I have several reasons why not to even entertain this idea but I’ll go with the most benign reason — no reason to introduce anything at all that might be a distraction for anyone in the program.
It’s one of the worst ideas I’ve ever heard. Gary has zero to do with what this team has achieved and I’d be surprised if anyone involved with team wants him there. Especially the players.

Pharm Frog

In order for TCU and GP to eventually ‘make peace’, someone has to be the bigger man. Maybe it doesn’t mean TCU buying him tickets to the game, but GP should be there. It is worth inviting him at the very least.
I couldn’t care less if there’s ever “peace”. Don’t understand why anyone should care. Move on. Doesn’t make anyone ungrateful…

westoverhillbilly

I'm ambivalent on this, but it reminds me of a time in the late 80's when Bo Schembechler was the AD after being the fb coach at Michigan (very common in those days for fb coach to be AD during and after coaching tenure). Their men's head basketball coach announced he was taking the job at U of Arizona right before Mich played in the championship game and said bb coach planned to coach the game. Bo said "we're not going to have an Arizona man coach the Michigan basketball team. We're going to have a Michigan man."

bbell

I couldn’t care less if there’s ever “peace”. Don’t understand why anyone should care. Move on. Doesn’t make anyone ungrateful…
I should hope this bitterness will go away with time. It’s impossible to talk TCU football program history without speaking of GP. Would be nice not to be at odds with such a part of our history.

Moose Stuff

I'm ambivalent on this, but it reminds me of a time in the late 80's when Bo Schembechler was the AD after being the fb coach at Michigan (very common in those days for fb coach to be AD during and after coaching tenure). Their men's head basketball coach announced he was taking the job at U of Arizona right before Mich played in the championship game and said bb coach planned to coach the game. Bo said "we're not going to have an Arizona man coach the Michigan basketball team. We're going to have a Michigan man."
Arizona St

Pharm Frog

It’s one of the worst ideas I’ve ever heard. Gary has zero to do with what this team has achieved and I’d be surprised if anyone involved with team wants him there. Especially the players.
What about the coach and his staff? What message would they hear if TCU was dumb enough to invite the ex to the date? He had his chance to be there…he opted out. And that’s okay.

But I disagree that Gary had zero to do with the accomplishments of this team. I think he is a key contributor to its motivation and receptivity to coaching.

WIN

I should hope this bitterness will go away with time. It’s impossible to talk TCU football program history without speaking of GP. Would be nice not to be at odds with such a part of our history.
Should have been here for Wacker (maybe you were), still people bitter at him.

froggy

In order for TCU and GP to eventually ‘make peace’, someone has to be the bigger man. Maybe it doesn’t mean TCU buying him tickets to the game, but GP should be there. It is worth inviting him at the very least.
I don’t think we need the distraction, Also I think Sonny should be ask even if they were going to do it. It’s his team if he thinks it’s a bad idea then definitely not.

bbell

Should have been here for Wacker (maybe you were), still people bitter at him.
Not around for Wacker so don’t know first hand how comparable that is to GP, but I will go out on a limb and say that GP was more important to the program.

Moose Stuff

But I disagree that Gary had zero to do with the accomplishments of this team. I think he is a key contributor to its motivation and receptivity to coaching.

Thats Good Robert Deniro GIF