• The KillerFrogs

ON TO OU

MinFrog

If we get Morris back, we will have the ability to keep the OU offense off the field and not where out our defense.

If we can get yards on the ground and limit the OU possessions we will win. Our defense can control OU, unless we start going three and out, then it will get tired.

Also, having Wilson back there to spy Mayfield will be huge. Look for a lot of the 3-3-5 with Summers being the flex LB/DE, Howard doing Howard stuff, and Wilson (or Rico) being the spy on Superdouche. If we can do that we should be in good shape. The only issue there will be Andrews on a safety or howard - that is a tough matchup.

I am starting to talk myself into being confident here boys. We finally have the recipe to go on the road and control a game - strong running game and elite defense.

H0RNEDFR0G

I know I'm getting ahead of myself, but isn't it the case that if we beat OU and Iowa State wins out that we would play Iowa State for the championship? ISU wins tiebreak with OU by head to head right? Same story if ISU wins out and we lose to OU. Iowa State v Okie lite is a huge game in determining the champion too.

I'm hoping for a shot to right the wrong of the ISU loss in December.

SportsJunkie

If we get Morris back, we will have the ability to keep the OU offense off the field and not where out our defense.

If we can get yards on the ground and limit the OU possessions we will win. Our defense can control OU, unless we start going three and out, then it will get tired.

Also, having Wilson back there to spy Mayfield will be huge. Look for a lot of the 3-3-5 with Summers being the flex LB/DE, Howard doing Howard stuff, and Wilson (or Rico) being the spy on Superdouche. If we can do that we should be in good shape. The only issue there will be Andrews on a safety or howard - that is a tough matchup.

I am starting to talk myself into being confident here boys. We finally have the recipe to go on the road and control a game - strong running game and elite defense.
I'm comfortably optimistic as well when you look at this match up. It will be nice to finally play a very average defense for once after having faced Texas and Iowa State these past two weeks. What are the chances of getting Morris back?
OU will get theirs on offense but we will make some stops and hold them well below their average. The key is our offense needing to do what they do and manage the game well with no mistakes.

Smellslikeroses

Same...... shorts with his jersey on. No obvious sign of injury, not that really means anything.
Right. I was looking for him during the KU game and didn't see him at all. Glad to hear he's not in a brace or anything (at least). Who knows - GP has been weird about this (what's new?). He said he was originally out 4-5 weeks, probably sooner - it's now been longer than that.

Maybe he could have played this week vs. UT but GP didn't want to risk it? That's what I'll go with...

LeagueCityFrog

With the investments that has been made in athletics, the campus, the city, and the quality high school recruits in Texas, Louisiana, and Oklahoma one could see the potential Coach Schloss saw in what TCU athletics could be when he took the job. I also think TCU has one of the most loyal, money spending per capita fan bases in the US. We also show up wherever the frogs play out of Fort Worth.

Great time to beat OU. If I was Gary this week, I would just do a double spy on Mayfield and blitz him the whole game. He will kill us with his legs and if his receivers have enough time to run deep behind the secondary. If Baker is running for his life every play, then we have a shot. Maybe copy and paste the K-State game plan with even more blitzing.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
With the investments that has been made in athletics, the campus, the city, and the quality high school recruits in Texas, Louisiana, and Oklahoma one could see the potential Coach Schloss saw in what TCU athletics could be when he took the job. I also think TCU has one of the most loyal, money spending per capita fan bases in the US. We also show up wherever the frogs play out of Fort Worth.

Great time to beat OU. If I was Gary this week, I would just do a double spy on Mayfield and blitz him the whole game. He will kill us with his legs and if his receivers have enough time to run deep behind the secondary. If Baker is running for his life every play, then we have a shot. Maybe copy and paste the K-State game plan with even more blitzing.

I'm having deja vu all over again.

Moose Stuff

Hicks and Anderson have combined for 113 carries and 621yards (5.5 YPC) since the Morris injury (not counting the last part of OSU after he left). So if we’re gonna get considerably better if/when he returns as so many are contending then the rest of our schedule is in deep [ Finebaum ]. Like “national title here we come” level deep [ Finebaum ].

HeidelFrog

I'd rather face OU in the Big 12 title game then Iowa St. We had no answer for them. If we can put up some points against OU and at least limit them we should win.
Disagree. Just about everything that could go against us, did. Everything that could go for them, did. It’s a really tough place to play and TCU still only lost by 7 and had every chance to win it. GP figured out their O and TCU shut them down in the 2nd half. I don’t see them being able to beat us again, especially on a nuetral field. OU scares me a lot more!!

LeagueCityFrog

Here is a reminder of what happen two years ago up there with no Doctson or no Boykin. We had four turnovers in the game, but had a chance to win it at the end with an attempted two point conversion that was swatted away. We would have won that game if we came out stronger in the first half.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/playbyplay?gameId=400763461

Our defense is way better this trip north. My gut says if we can get to 45 points on offense, we win.

Frog DJ

Looking at the two possibilities from the CFP commitee’s viewpoint, a case can be made for each matchup in the CCG making TCU more attractive.

Beating OU twice would be an impressive feat, but avenging their only loss would also make TCU look good to the decision makers in that room.

My concern remains with the integrity of the committee itself. I don’t trust them to choose the four best teams simply based on their performance.

They’ve repeatedly proved themselves to be way too invested in picking the final four based on the deepest shade blue in their bloodstreams.

I hope for the best, but expect the worst.

Go Frogs!

Wexahu

Here is a reminder of what happen two years ago up there with no Doctson or no Boykin. We had four turnovers in the game, but had a chance to win it at the end with an attempted two point conversion that was swatted away. We would have won that game if we came out stronger in the first half.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/playbyplay?gameId=400763461

Our defense is way better this trip north. My gut says if we can get to 45 points on offense, we win.

If we get to 45 and don't win, I'll be shocked.

Wexahu

They’ve repeatedly proved themselves to be way too invested in picking the final four based on the deepest shade blue in their bloodstreams.!

When have they "repeatedly" proved to be way too invested in this? That's just stuff pulled out of thin air.

ThisIsOurTime

OU fans are an unstable and irrational bunch. They love to bring up the hit by Summers on Mayfield and have morphed this event into a narrative that TCU is now the dirtiest team in all of college football and every game we have ever won in our history is due to some cheap shot or is how we stay in games. They on the other hand believe their pristine Sooners play the cleanest game of college football ever and have forgotten the many infamous Sooner transgressions of the past. Think about the level of cognitive dissonance that must be ignored for this to take place.

Reading their boards this week, all signs indicate their already tenuous grasp on reality is weakening. It would appear the pressure of the game is getting to them. The epithets are ramping up and the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor stories are a plenty. It would seem they have not yet realized the two teams will very well likely play each other again this season.

Wexahu

GP will dial something up that will give them some problems, I have full confidence in that. I imagine it will be a little mix of everything we do.