• The KillerFrogs

Ohio State Home and Home?

ifrog

I don't disagree that they are a-holes, because I think they are. I'd say OSU is about as corrupt a program there is in college football. I just disagree that this change to a single game instead of two is entirely an OSU-driven thing. I think OSU wants a game that will make them a little more money (typical OSU) and I don't think GP will put up much resistance to the idea of going to one game because I don't think he really relishes playing them, especially given what Meyer has created there in recent years. Hopefully we can squeeze some money out of the new arrangement, we should be able to.

When we finally drop the FCS game and add a respectable opponent in their place, that's when I'll feel more comfortable about trashing other school's scheduling tactics. I think we're a lot more on the side of "let's not make this any more difficult than we have to" than "we'll play anyone, anytime, anywhere."

Coach Patterson is not scared of playing OSU two years. He had no problem scheduling OU twice before we joined the B12. Get out of here with that speculation. This is all on OSU. Darn them

Wexahu

Its not 100% Ohio State. Its 99%

Do you think UNC wanted their series canceled? No they didnt. Same little sisters of the poor ship all over again.

I think there's a pretty good chance the new coach at UNC wanted that series cancelled, yes I do. And that their AD was happy to accommodate him.

OSU has played at California, at Virginia Tech and at Miami in recent years and is scheduled to play at Oregon and at Boston College in future years. There isn't a precedent set that they are afraid to, or won't, play series with P5 teams that aren't considered elite programs. I wouldn't put any one of those programs, save for possibly Oregon, on any higher level than TCU from a national recognition standpoint.

Wexahu

Coach Patterson is not scared of playing OSU two years. He had no problem scheduling OU twice before we joined the B12. Get out of here with that speculation. This is all on OSU. Darn them

That when we were in the Mountain West and had to play as tough of non-conference opponents as we could in order to gain credibility, kind of like what Boise State tries to do now. Do you think if Boise got a Pac 12 invite they'd be so willing to play those OOC games against anyone they could? Neither do I.

Again, until we drop the FCS game, I'm not going to brag about our scheduling balls.

Wexahu

Ohio State cancelled Tennessee, Georgia, unc, soon TCU, and soon Boston College as well

Come on man

And yet their OOC schedules always seem to end up better than ours. I agree, yes, they are arrogant a-holes, but they aren't afraid to play good teams, which is what some on here seem to imply.

cdsfrog

And yet their OOC schedules always seem to end up better than ours. I agree, yes, they are arrogant a-holes, but they aren't afraid to play good teams, which is what some on here seem to imply.

I never implied that. I am saying they look down at TCU and consistently bail when a game doesn't suit their needs exclusively.

cdsfrog

Nope. LSU wasnt official until the September of the year before the scheduled game. My guess is well hear something by September of this year if not earlier.

Zubaz

Nope. LSU wasnt official until the September of the year before the scheduled game. My guess is well hear something by September of this year if not earlier.
If memory serves, that was a Cowboys / Advocare Classic wasn't it? The 2018 Advocare game is already set at 9/1, would they really want another game so close? Honest question, I don't know.

punter9

sweet we can have an even bigger audience watch whoever can't edge out Kenny Hill this year at the helm against OSU