• The KillerFrogs

Ohio State Home and Home?

At one point TCU was talking with Notre Dame about a permanent series.

That would give Notre Dame permanent match ups with teams from the north (MSU), east (NY - Navy), west (LA - USC), and southwest (Fort Worth/Dallas - TCU). All in major recruiting areas.

Would give TCU a permanent game with a blue blood team which is always good especially with the instability of the Big 12.

But this never came to be.

cdsfrog

If we get notredame too it's not bad. If we don't we got screwed with having the first game here.

Ohio State will probably announcement the change in September like lsu did. Basically 1 year before.

This game was added after joined the big 12 too so I really hate Ohio State

DeuceBoogieNights

At one point TCU was talking with Notre Dame about a permanent series.

That would give Notre Dame permanent match ups with teams from the north (MSU), east (NY - Navy), west (LA - USC), and southwest (Fort Worth/Dallas - TCU). All in major recruiting areas.

Would give TCU a permanent game with a blue blood team which is always good especially with the instability of the Big 12.

But this never came to be.

What is a permanent series? Like every year?

Wexahu

I've been told the game is either off or just being played at Cowboys Stadium.

If true, darn Ohio State. What a bunch of [Art Briles].

Just looking through their scheduling, they're obviously right in the middle of a home and home with Oklahoma. Since 2005 they've also played home and away games against USC, Miami, and Texas. Future schedules include home and home with Oregon, Texas and Notre Dame. Besides that, they haven't played an FCS team since 2008. But let's not let facts in the way.

I'm not sure the exact reason for reducing this series to one game, I imagine it's kind of a mutual deal (I know GP isn't real excited to play OSU in back-to-back years, I can tell you that), but to suggest it's because OSU is afraid to play TCU.......now THAT's a Bayloresque response if there ever was one.

tcudoc

Just looking through their scheduling, they're obviously right in the middle of a home and home with Oklahoma. Since 2005 they've also played home and away games against USC, Miami, and Texas. Future schedules include home and home with Oregon, Texas and Notre Dame. Besides that, they haven't played an FCS team since 2008. But let's not let facts in the way.

I'm not sure the exact reason for reducing this series to one game, I imagine it's kind of a mutual deal (I know GP isn't real excited to play OSU in back-to-back years, I can tell you that), but to suggest it's because OSU is afraid to play TCU.......now THAT's a Bayloresque response if there ever was one.
¿Que Wexahu?

jake102

I'm not sure the exact reason for reducing this series to one game, I imagine it's kind of a mutual deal

Yeah you are imagining too much. We have had a pretty clear stance since 2012 that we don't want to be playing games at Jerry World in lieu of home/home series.

Wexahu

Yeah you are imagining too much. We have had a pretty clear stance since 2012 that we don't want to be playing games at Jerry World in lieu of home/home series.

And yet that's what it appears like what will happen, another game at Jerry World.

Peacefrog

Degenerate

It was the Baylor guy that suggested it. Go figure.

What is a permanent series? Like every year?

Sorry yes a permanent match up on the schedule. But it is not going to happen. Instead they have Shamrock series with southern teams. They just finished with UT, previous with OU & Rice, and they have Texas A&M in the future.

Boy though, if it did get scheduled that would of been great for TCU. Darn.

cdsfrog

Its not that they are scared, they are just aholes. They did the same thing to UNC.

They now wll no be scheduling anything like UNC, Miami, TCU. They will keep ones like Texas, ND, OU, and USC and other marque names.

However, they reached to us for this, and agreed to come here first then backed out. Pretty pathetic really. And dont be an idiot, of course TCU doesnt want to play at Cowboys stadium. Its better that than a FCS team at home but not much.

Zubaz

I'm assuming everyone saying "I heard" means "I read on killer frogs a few months back."
Pretty much. I can't find any other source. In fact I saw something over on ElevenWarriors about the potential of changing it to a single game neutral site and how their AD doesn't like neutral site games (I can only find games in Baltimore against Navy and Cleveland against Toledo in the last 10 years).

I think we're all a little torched from LSU pulling out. Wouldn't surprise me if Ohio State gets moved, but I hope not.

Wexahu

It was the Baylor guy that suggested it. Go figure.

Its not that they are scared, they are just aholes. They did the same thing to UNC.

They now wll no be scheduling anything like UNC, Miami, TCU. They will keep ones like Texas, ND, OU, and USC and other marque names.

However, they reached to us for this, and agreed to come here first then backed out. Pretty pathetic really. And dont be an idiot, of course TCU doesnt want to play at Cowboys stadium. Its better that than a FCS team at home but not much.

I don't disagree that they are a-holes, because I think they are. I'd say OSU is about as corrupt a program there is in college football. I just disagree that this change to a single game instead of two is entirely an OSU-driven thing. I think OSU wants a game that will make them a little more money (typical OSU) and I don't think GP will put up much resistance to the idea of going to one game because I don't think he really relishes playing them, especially given what Meyer has created there in recent years. Hopefully we can squeeze some money out of the new arrangement, we should be able to.

When we finally drop the FCS game and add a respectable opponent in their place, that's when I'll feel more comfortable about trashing other school's scheduling tactics. I think we're a lot more on the side of "let's not make this any more difficult than we have to" than "we'll play anyone, anytime, anywhere."

cdsfrog

Its not 100% Ohio State. Its 99%

Do you think UNC wanted their series canceled? No they didnt. Same little sisters of the poor ship all over again.