• The KillerFrogs

Nike is giving us new uniforms for the Rose Bowl

Young and Horned

Seen them. Really not that big of a deal other than the fact that Nike is giving us new uniforms for the bowl game. But the design is not that big of a deal. Kind of like this years design for OSU, very much like last years design, just different colors.

TCUMed

Seen them. Really not that big of a deal other than the fact that Nike is giving us new uniforms for the bowl game. But the design is not that big of a deal. Kind of like this years design for OSU, very much like last years design, just different colors.

So they are like last years (not sure that last statement was real clear)? What's the main color of the top? I assume Ice pants and helmet?

HornedFrog4Life

When they come out, I am going to say I already knew that. Who can prove me wrong? That's what's great about claiming to know something, but saying I can't tell you and you'll have to wait. The when it comes out, you say I told you so.

lol ...

So basically a lot of people on the board are upset for one of two reasons

1. They want to know, but don't have the resources to get the information, and angry because they are left out, or
2. They feel that GDU teases them too much, about information that he does know

Now I am not on anybody;s side here, but I do not get too excited one way or the other. I can say only that their is some validity to his comments. I think a good example of this
in light of the season that we are in. I know what my daughter got my son for Christmas. I also know that he will like it, and quite honestly I have no reservations saying that to him and she has already told him that. With that being said, I do not have the right to tell him what it is.

Yes, GDU may know something, but quite frankly should let the announcement come out from the appropriate parties. Just because he does not tell you, does not mean he is not informed.

Lets read the board for entertainment and sometimes informational purposes, rather than using it attack each other's credibility.

Rabble Rouser

1) You should never assume that you know more than the next guy when it comes to internet discussions. Here is a FACT for you gdu, you absolutely have no clue who I am or what I know.

2) Its never wise to immediately take up a pissing match with someone when you have no idea what he is bringing to the urinal.

Go away potato troll. You are the one who is making the mistake of assuming you know more than GDU and has decided to start a pissing match with someone you know nothing about.

Here are a few things to know about GDU:

1- He knows his stuff when it comes to uniforms, he is always the first to know and his info is almost always accurate
2. He LOVES to argue, he is a lawyer and is pretty much intolerable when he wants to be.
3. He always has to get the last word, so if you stick around this thread might never end.

In conclusion, GDU is right and you are clueless and you are picking a fight with someone who will NEVER back down. Why don't you go back to spudthumper.com and talk about your bowl game against a team we already beat by 40 instead of trolling our boards.

TCUFrogs

So basically a lot of people on the board are upset for one of two reasons

1. They want to know, but don't have the resources to get the information, and angry because they are left out, or
2. They feel that GDU teases them too much, about information that he does know

Now I am not on anybody;s side here, but I do not get too excited one way or the other. I can say only that their is some validity to his comments. I think a good example of this
in light of the season that we are in. I know what my daughter got my son for Christmas. I also know that he will like it, and quite honestly I have no reservations saying that to him and she has already told him that. With that being said, I do not have the right to tell him what it is.

Yes, GDU may know something, but quite frankly should let the announcement come out from the appropriate parties. Just because he does not tell you, does not mean he is not informed.

Lets read the board for entertainment and sometimes informational purposes, rather than using it attack each other's credibility.

Point 3. So what? So what if someone knows something before another person? Yes your'e right, it is childish.

Young and Horned

So they are like last years (not sure that last statement was real clear)? What's the main color of the top? I assume Ice pants and helmet?

No, they are kind of like how this year's new jerseys were not that original because it was the same premise as last year's except different colors patterns.

The bowl game uniforms will be the same premise. It is not a brand new design, it will resemble something we all have seen.

Dtx_Frog_Fan

I'm guessing that we will be getting white pro combats, maybe a purple helmet based on previous posters saying that they are based on the OSU game unis, but different colors. I can't think of any other unseen color variation.

Tom Brown

I'm hoping for a helmet sticker that is the frog with a rose in his mouth. I'm good with any uniform combo in the Rose Bowl.
Purple helmets with the reptilian scales would cool though.

I'm guessing that we will be getting white pro combats, maybe a purple helmet based on previous posters saying that they are based on the OSU game unis, but different colors. I can't think of any other unseen color variation.

gdu has already confirmed that we are not wearing white. And based on the Nike Boom shirt, it looks like we will be wearing the 2010 Pro Combat helmet. Disappointing if you ask me.

KingmanIII

Wonder why Nike has never considered updating any of Baylor's hideously antiquated uniforms? :rolleyes:
They did:
bayloruniforms2009.png

They hated them so much they went back to a more traditional style:
Robert-Griffin.jpg

bsufan1976

To all the decent frog fans on this board sorry about the exchange I had with gdu. I seriously didnt try to stir the pot, I was simply looking over your board (I usually only read it only had 17 posts before today).

I have got to be honest hear, for those of you that took the time to read all my posts you realize that I was speculating about the Nike vs. Addidas/Underarmour. With that said, I have read 3 articles on the topic and one of them really made it sound like this is exactly what Nike had in mind, to try and compete with the competitors to hopefully turn more schools to Nike.

Some other truthful info, I dont know for sure that is what Nike intended to do. But I do know this, I have seen the new uni's for BSU. I also know that there were 2 sets made for BSU in 2 different colors because it wasnt known if we would be home or visitor. The uniforms do look somewhat like what they wear normally with small differences but they do look different.

With all that said, I truly meant what I said earlier. Good luck to the Frogs in the Rose Bowl hope you beat Wisconsin, what a great bowl for your team to be attending. Look forward to our game with you guys next season, and good luck in the Big East when you finally leave the MWC. I have nothing but respect for the Frog fans (met some good ones in Glendale last year) Your coach, your team and your school Class from top to bottom.

I probably wont be returning for a while but truthfully sorry about getting into it with gdu and mucking up your board. I may be wrong on the theory but I bet you hear a lot of talk about Underarmour vs Nike during the selected bowl games this year. One more thing, I may be a lot of things, but I am definitely NOT a troll.