• The KillerFrogs

Nebraska fires AD

FROG PARENTS 1961

Very happy the big 12 didnt go after these teeny schools that were on the radar Memphis BYU Houston Cincinnati UConn ect. Now teams like Neb and ARK could want in soon.

Wexahu

They traded success for money to some degree (I think their decline was actually well in motion once every team was on TV every week) but maybe money equals success to them. In any event, their days of winning championships and being a perennial top 10 team are over. The sooner they realize that, the fewer coaches they'll have to cycle through chasing that pipe dream.

dawg

Very happy the big 12 didnt go after these teeny schools that were on the radar Memphis BYU Houston Cincinnati UConn ect. Now teams like Neb and ARK could want in soon.

giphy.gif

Can't see either giving up the $ and stability of $EC or B1G.

TX_Krötenechse

Good point. Explain.
Arkansas has been in the SEC for multiple decades and gets the benefit of being in the strongest football conference in the country (and in this instance, perception is reality), with all the benefits that implies, and makes a huge amount of money there. Its fans and student body don't remember SWC rivalries, nor do they care.

FROG PARENTS 1961

Arkansas has been in the SEC for multiple decades and gets the benefit of being in the strongest football conference in the country (and in this instance, perception is reality), with all the benefits that implies, and makes a huge amount of money there. Its fans and student body don't remember SWC rivalries, nor do they care.
meh

Armadillo

I'd go after Nebraska. Such a poor fit for the big 10.

I'd also go after Iowa. Yes, I said it. Iowa.

It'll never happen but a man can dream.

(And forget Missouri and Arkie and ATM. Not leaving the sec. but Nebraska and Iowa must hate playing east coast teams. Again, I know it'll never happen)

FROG PARENTS 1961

I'd go after Nebraska. Such a poor fit for the big 10.

I'd also go after Iowa. Yes, I said it. Iowa.

It'll never happen but a man can dream.

(And forget Missouri and Arkie and ATM. Not leaving the sec. but Nebraska and Iowa must hate playing east coast teams. Again, I know it'll never happen)
Yes you said it.

ShepFrog

I work with a bunch of Nebraska folks. So, I hear about them a lot. The AD sucked and Riley should have never been hired. For the life of me, I have no idea why Nebraska would have hired that crap job. Hell! I have no idea why Oregon St kept him so long. So glad we have Gary, and I have faith in CDC will do us right if Gary ever leaves. Also, I have faith our fine University would do us right if CDC were to retire. BLAH BLAH! Go TCU

Dman890

I work with a bunch of Nebraska folks. So, I hear about them a lot. The AD sucked and Riley should have never been hired. For the life of me, I have no idea why Nebraska would have hired that crap job. Hell! I have no idea why Oregon St kept him so long. So glad we have Gary, and I have faith in CDC will do us right if Gary ever leaves. Also, I have faith our fine University would do us right if CDC were to retire. BLAH BLAH! Go TCU

The AD and coach suck because they can't recruit anymore. No in state talent, and they can't get Texas recruit anymore.

They will be Minnesota in another 10 years.

P

purplePPO

I'm curious to find out what the old Big 8 brethren O.U. has to say about Nebraska's plight. Anyone venture over to their site to find out?