• The KillerFrogs

Money nearly always trumps loyalty

Moose Stuff

CDC knows the strengths and weaknesses of everything TCU...knows where every body is buried That's the last guy I want spearheading our biggest rival. I have no idea what kind of info he knows but I'd bet GP and Schloss aren't happy he has that knowledge in Austin and I'm sure the football and baseball programs there are gonna be a full de-briefing on us.

And seriously...you think Whorn fan is happy we are in the Big 12?? We have humiliated them in baseball and football since we've been here...which is probably their 2 most prideful sports. I have ZERO confidence Whorn will campaign for us the next time things shuffle....

I think you’re overthinking it.

BABYFACE

UT is arguably the biggest name in collegiate athletics. Having both TCU and UT on your resume is better than having just TCU on your resume.

If CDC wanted to stay an AD the rest of his career, he very likely would’ve stayed in Fort Worth, but my guess is he has bigger aspirations and this is his next step on the ladder. He did an amazing job here, but there wasn’t much else he could do. Fixing The University of Texas would be a big notch on his belt. It’s likely a solid career move.

Got ya. That makes sense.

Deep Purple

Anything being reported is probably using the same source as you and most likely wrong. I have no proof but I feel like he was at or near $1mm.
That $695K salary figure is several years old, and Del Conte got a raise every year he worked at TCU. As recently as 2015, he was making just over $1 million per year, and probably about $1.2 million at present, so I'm confident the UT decision wasn't money-driven in any way.

As I said in an other thread. What makes Del Conte effective is his incredible energy and drive. That drive comes from ambition. Ambition requires a challenge. I have a feeling there just weren't enough challenges left at TCU to keep Del Conte interested.

UT, on the other hand, has a whole menu of challenges.

TCU shouldn't trust Texas no matter who the AD is. TCU needs to make sure we are viable for the SEC, ACC, Big 10, Pac 12 when the time comes. We are in one of the best recruiting areas in the Nation and any team that has us in the conference will get more out of TCU than we take. Texas could do as well or better than Notre Dame they don't need anything from anyone. I think TCU is doing all they can to be an elite school and make the next round of consolidation. Having said that a big name AD with tons of connections might be better for us now going through the next shake up than a great interim AD. Just my two cents worth, but being a small school we need every advantage we can get.

Dogfrog

That $695K salary figure is several years old, and Del Conte got a raise every year he worked at TCU. As recently as 2015, he was making just over $1 million per year, and probably about $1.2 million at present, so I'm confident the UT decision wasn't money-driven in any way.

As I said in an other thread. What makes Del Conte effective is his incredible energy and drive. That drive comes from ambition. Ambition requires a challenge. I have a feeling there just weren't enough challenges left at TCU to keep Del Conte interested.

UT, on the other hand, has a whole menu of challenges.

Well said. And you might agree that his number one challenge may be fighting the bureaucracy, the deeply entrenched political foes, and simply establishing himself as the guy in charge. Good luck with all that Chris.

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
Yea...Id be a lot more comfortable with it if it was about money...like a monster raise we couldn't wouldn't match.

This was a chicken [ steaming pile of Orgeron ] move to a sxhool he can use all of his inside Intel to use against. It should be a conf rule ADs and head coaches can't jump between schools.

And anyone who thinks CDC is gonna "help" TCU during the next realignment is nuts....Do you think any UT fan is glad we are in the Big 12 now??? Hell no...

Next time we might be left out BECAUEE of our domination of UT and because he have the best set of 3 coaches in the country.

Exactly, the only help we’d get out of him would be if it directly benefits UT.