• The KillerFrogs

Money nearly always trumps loyalty

4 Oaks Frog

So if it isn’t money, what is it? Why is he leaving The Frog that he loved and wanted to stay with for as long as it would have him? Did someone/something piss him off?
Spit Blood ~~<~< and [Baylor asshoe]!!

Punter1

He's an AD not a coach. Other than telling them TCU scored more points and runs, what, exactly do you think he is going to break down for them that their professional coaches don't already know?

If UT had wanted to leave the Big 12 they could have done so. They didn't. I'm sure they realize the Big 12 is better because TCU is a member. What team would the Big 12 have had access to that was even close to what TCU brings?

No [ Finebaum ] he's not a coach...I guess you have no idea of exactly what else a highly involved AD does and knows....Ill just leave it at that.

And no [ Finebaum ] again UT could have left anytime...but you think if the chairs move again and UT joins somewhere and it's between us and Tech or us and Okie State....they are gonna side with us???

I think in hindsight they would have rather had UH instead of us if it meant 5 outta 6 football wins instead of 5 outta 6 losses....the only thing TCU brought to the Big 12 as far as UT is concerned is a bunch of ILs.

No [ steaming pile of Orgeron ] he's not a coach...I guess you have no idea of exactly what else a highly involved AD does and knows....Ill just leave it at that.

And no [ steaming pile of Orgeron ] again UT could have left anytime...but you think if the chairs move again and UT joins somewhere and it's between us and Tech or us and Okie State....they are gonna side with us???

I think in hindsight they would have rather had UH instead of us if it meant 5 outta 6 football wins instead of 5 outta 6 losses....the only thing TCU brought to the Big 12 as far as UT is concerned is a bunch of ILs.
In other words, you have superior knowledge of an AD does and knows but cannot offer specifics predicated upon this superior knowledge?

If conference realignment materializes again, I assume they will look out for the own interests, whatever they perceive those to be under the circumstances, as will all the other schools.

BABYFACE

I’m certain it wasn’t.
I am not disagreeing with you if wasn’t about money. I am curious to what you and a few others think it was. I haven’t had time to read thru everything. I was at the Star today for an Aledo playoff game and family get together afterwards.

cdsfrog

Darn Texas.

Yeah don't think anyone is going to moneywhip us but clearly he wanted a change. Maybe he didn't feel challenged and wanted to fix an epic dumpster fire with tons of resources and money. If so he choose wisely.

BleedNPurple

UT has that dumpster fire LHN that no one is watching. That alone is a unique challenge.

We were looking for an AD when we found CDC. He’s done a great job for us. I have faith that our board will find us another good one!

netty2424

Has TCU not built a program that, hate to say it, that'll be immune to ending up back in a
So Texas AD not in the top 10? I know they’ve had an interim AD but this doesn’t make sense?
Well how do you rank someone who isn't employed? I don't imagine the interim AD was making what the AD would be making. Just guessing as I don't know for sure.

Ron Swanson

I am not disagreeing with you if wasn’t about money. I am curious to what you and a few others think it was. I haven’t had time to read thru everything. I was at the Star today for an Aledo playoff game and family get together afterwards.
UT is arguably the biggest name in collegiate athletics. Having both TCU and UT on your resume is better than having just TCU on your resume.

If CDC wanted to stay an AD the rest of his career, he very likely would’ve stayed in Fort Worth, but my guess is he has bigger aspirations and this is his next step on the ladder. He did an amazing job here, but there wasn’t much else he could do. Fixing The University of Texas would be a big notch on his belt. It’s likely a solid career move.

Limp Lizard

That $700K figure is a few years old, like GP's salary. Private school, you know. Only find out what the guys made 3 or so years ago when the tax return becomes public.

DaCrief

Honestly he was a great figure to have around. Just comfortable seeing the purple jacket and tie at a frog event. He was a seamless part of our athletic environment.

My only issue i have is perhaps a syndrome I’ll have to get over. I just don’t like the optics that a “big program” can still call its shot and hire our big pieces away when they want. Specifically, this program. Perhaps some unwarranted pride - but I’m not afraid to be unjustifiably proud of my purple. Good luck CDC (cool initials better be at the top of the hiring criteria for the next AD)

Ron Swanson

Honestly he was a great figure to have around. Just comfortable seeing the purple jacket and tie at a frog event. He was a seamless part of our athletic environment.

My only issue i have is perhaps a syndrome I’ll have to get over. I just don’t like the optics that a “big program” can still call its shot and hire our big pieces away when they want. Specifically, this program. Perhaps some unwarranted pride - but I’m not afraid to be unjustifiably proud of my purple. Good luck CDC (cool initials better be at the top of the hiring criteria for the next AD)
FWIW, that big program has tried to hire away Sonny Cumbie and Jim Schlossnagle (and maybe Gary Patterson) and failed.