• The KillerFrogs

Money nearly always trumps loyalty

Brog

It has to be the bottom line, doesn't it? We'll find out before long just how much $$ it took to make CDC rethink his: "I love the Frog nation. I have the best job on the planet. I will be your AD as long as you will have me."

SnoSki

I’m sure it’s in another thread but:

CDC was making about $700K at TCU?

That should leave him the AD through the end of the current grant of rights for the Big 12. Hopefully he does his best to keep the band together or at least remember us if things fall apart.

Punter1

I don’t think this was money-motivated at all

Yea...Id be a lot more comfortable with it if it was about money...like a monster raise we couldn't wouldn't match.

This was a chicken [ Finebaum ] move to a sxhool he can use all of his inside Intel to use against. It should be a conf rule ADs and head coaches can't jump between schools.

And anyone who thinks CDC is gonna "help" TCU during the next realignment is nuts....Do you think any UT fan is glad we are in the Big 12 now??? Hell no...

Next time we might be left out BECAUEE of our domination of UT and because he have the best set of 3 coaches in the country.

Chico Dusty

Not always. There are some stories in sport that ppl turned down a lot of money out of loyalty. One of my favorite what Pat Tillman did to stay with Arizona - the team that drafted him. If you haven’t read his book by Jon Krakauer - “Where men win glory” - I definitely recommend. But I agree with you - must ppl jump ship and most circumstances differ for each person. Not everyone does it for the money.

Yea...Id be a lot more comfortable with it if it was about money...like a monster raise we couldn't wouldn't match.

This was a chicken [ steaming pile of Orgeron ] move to a sxhool he can use all of his inside Intel to use against. It should be a conf rule ADs and head coaches can't jump between schools.

And anyone who thinks CDC is gonna "help" TCU during the next realignment is nuts....Do you think any UT fan is glad we are in the Big 12 now??? Hell no...

Next time we might be left out BECAUEE of our domination of UT and because he have the best set of 3 coaches in the country.
Good grief. I don't even know where to start with all that.

netty2424

I was completely convinced he was money whipped. At 1.3mm I was way wrong. That's not a number TCU would be scared to match.
Interesting thought. Maybe that is a number TCU isn't prepared to match? Here's an interesting article I found trying to figured out what the highest paid AD's make.

This article lists the Top 20.

#20: Chris Del Conte, TCU, $695k.
#1: David Williams, Vanderbilt, $3.239mil

So that $695k is in line with what we're seeing via tweets above regarding CDC's current compensation, vs what UT is offering at $1.3mil.

The kicker is, the article was from 2013. So either CDC hasn't seen a raise in 4 years, or what's being reported is wrong. Possible he got tired of not getting raises?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.bu...d-athletic-directors-in-college-sports-2013-3

Peacefrog

Degenerate
Interesting thought. Maybe that is a number TCU isn't prepared to match? Here's an interesting article I found trying to figured out what the highest paid AD's make.

This article lists the Top 20.

#20: Chris Del Conte, TCU, $695k.
#1: David Williams, Vanderbilt, $3.239mil

So that $695k is in line with what we're seeing via tweets above regarding CDC's current compensation, vs what UT is offering at $1.3mil.

The kicker is, the article was from 2013. So either CDC hasn't seen a raise in 4 years, or what's being reported is wrong. Possible he got tired of not getting raises?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.bu...d-athletic-directors-in-college-sports-2013-3
Anything being reported is probably using the same source as you and most likely wrong. I have no proof but I feel like he was at or near $1mm.

Need Dirt, Ya or Deep to weigh in on this.

Moose Stuff

This was a chicken [ steaming pile of Orgeron ] move to a sxhool he can use all of his inside Intel to use against. It should be a conf rule ADs and head coaches can't jump between schools.

Just curious what “inside intel” you think he’s gonna use and how exactly he would use it.

As for realignment..... I’d rethink that.

Punter1

Just curious what “inside intel” you think he’s gonna use and how exactly he would use it.

As for realignment..... I’d rethink that.

CDC knows the strengths and weaknesses of everything TCU...knows where every body is buried That's the last guy I want spearheading our biggest rival. I have no idea what kind of info he knows but I'd bet GP and Schloss aren't happy he has that knowledge in Austin and I'm sure the football and baseball programs there are gonna be a full de-briefing on us.

And seriously...you think Whorn fan is happy we are in the Big 12?? We have humiliated them in baseball and football since we've been here...which is probably their 2 most prideful sports. I have ZERO confidence Whorn will campaign for us the next time things shuffle....

CDC knows the strengths and weaknesses of everything TCU...knows where every body is buried That's the last guy I want spearheading our biggest rival. I have no idea what kind of info he knows but I'd bet GP and Schloss aren't happy he has that knowledge in Austin and I'm sure the football and baseball programs there are gonna be a full de-briefing on us.

And seriously...you think Whorn fan is happy we are in the Big 12?? We have humiliated them in baseball and football since we've been here...which is probably their 2 most prideful sports. I have ZERO confidence Whorn will campaign for us the next time things shuffle....
He's an AD not a coach. Other than telling them TCU scored more points and runs, what, exactly do you think he is going to break down for them that their professional coaches don't already know?

If UT had wanted to leave the Big 12 they could have done so. They didn't. I'm sure they realize the Big 12 is better because TCU is a member. What team would the Big 12 have had access to that was even close to what TCU brings?