• The KillerFrogs

Lessons on fan arrogance

ectofrog

QUOTE(Purple Heart @ Jun 3 2010, 08:40 PM) [snapback]568077[/snapback]
I think I made a pretty good case for respecting them, and its your problem as a fan if you don't know enough to make an intelligent rebuttal.

Never mind that in the meantime just about everyone that's weighed in on this have echoed the same rebuttals I gave (thus, you're calling out most of the contributors to this thread and many in this forum...up to you). But the above is a false statement. Here are my rebuttals from my first post so you can try reading them again:

Why would I give Baylor respect when they have one of the five worst football programs in America when Baylor fans won't give TCU respect for having one of the five best football programs in America?

When the typical Baylor fan gives credit to us for what we've done, doesn't denigrate our achievements by pretending that they'd win 11 games a year too in the MWC, and doesn't try to act superior to us simply because they play in a conference with two schools that have done more, maybe I'll think about taking a look at what their B-list sports teams have done and consider not chuckling when Baylor athletics is brought up in conversation.

TCU's the one that get left out of the party in favor of Baylor, and they've squandered their opportunity by running a joke of an athletic program that, apart from baseball, has been awful at lots of things until the last few years (remember when one basketball player KILLED another basketball player at Baylor? Yeah, that was all of seven years ago). Why should I conjure up respect for a Baylor athletic program that has done less than TCU's when they act superior by sole virtue of having had a former governor strongarm them into the Big 12?

That football program you call worst 5 in nation has beaten the Aggies more than Aggies have beaten them in recent years

Absolutely false. By ANY metric you could possibly use, this is absolute baloney bro. If recent means the last year, Baylor's 0-1. If recent means the last two years, Baylor's 1-1. If recent means the last three years, Baylor's 1-2. If recent means the last four years, Baylor's 1-3. If recent means the last five years, Baylor's 1-4. If recent means the last six years, Baylor's 2-4. And the last time before 2004 that Baylor had beaten A&M was 1985.

So, by what standard exactly would you say that Baylor "has beaten the Aggies more than Aggies have beaten them in recent years?"

And really, bragging about beating horrible Aggie two times the last six years and pretending like it's been more than that? That kinda proves my point about what a joke the Baylor football program is.

Take off the dorky green 3-D glasses, bro. Just wear your purple shades...it's a better color on you. Your logic is straight outta baylorfans at the moment.

led Tech for the entire game until the 4th quarter each of the last 2 years

Do you ever say anything true?

Tech took the lead for good last year almost EIGHT MINUTES left in the 3rd quarter. That's not leading someone until the 4th quarter...that's leading someone until the middle of the 3rd quarter.

and beaten KSU, Missouri (last year), Iowa State and Colorado during the past 4 years.

True statement, but are you sure you want to put a 2-10 Colorado team on the (very short) brag list? You're sure that doesn't bolster my point that they're not worth respecting?

You can disrespect them all you want, but like I said, as soon as our team does, we are in trouble.

Hey...a TRUE thing you've said that actually (kinda) makes sense!!! I CAN disrespect them all I want, and it won't make a hill of BEANS worth of difference to what happens on the football field. Personally, I think the second part of this statement is not so true, cause I think our football team could disrespect them and STILL beat them by three touchdowns, but that's just my opinion. Obviously it is the coaching staff's job, not mine, to make sure the team has a healthy level of respect or disrespect (depending on what they want the team's attitude to be going into a game) for each of their opponents, no matter how good or bad.

Are you calling men's basketball or baseball B-list sports?

Yes. My A-list consists of football. Basketball and baseball are on my B-list. Everything else is on my C-list.

I think their fans are great.

Since you're one of them, that's a newsworthy opinion. Good for you.

I would take their fans over Tech fans any day of the week.

And if I'd been Roosevelt, I too would have taken the Soviets over the Nazis. Saying your fan base is better than Tech's is the college football equivalent.

I'm not going to get into a pissing match with you or anyone else on this.

Is that why you made a really lame attempt to list (falsely, most of the time) the achievements of the Baylor football program? Because you were NOT going to get into a pissing match?

How would you define a pissing match?

The post I just tore into was very, very lol. I'm sure you can do better.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
QUOTE(Houston Frog @ Jun 3 2010, 09:12 PM) [snapback]568107[/snapback]
That's not true. A&M beat Baylor in 2003, 2004, 2006, 2007, and 2009.

In fact, Baylor has only beaten A&M twice since 1990 (2005 and 2008)

Please, facts have no place in this guy's Baylor love rant.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
QUOTE(swimmerbabe11 @ Jun 3 2010, 10:19 PM) [snapback]568203[/snapback]
I hope our baseball team doesn't underestimate Baylor this weekend.

After what happened in Waco I doubt the team will have any problems getting up to play Baylor if that happens ...

BWDFROG

After all of these posts about Baylor, I just hope TCU can beat them this weekend, and again this fall in football! :unsure:

Armadillo

QUOTE(ectofrog @ Jun 4 2010, 05:24 AM) [snapback]568247[/snapback]
Is that why you made a really lame attempt to list (falsely, most of the time) the achievements of the Baylor football program? Because you were NOT going to get into a pissing match?

How would you define a pissing match?

The post I just tore into was very, very lol. I'm sure you can do better.

Best. Post. EVER.

Houston Frog

QUOTE(Frogs1983 @ Jun 3 2010, 10:46 PM) [snapback]568215[/snapback]
:biggrin: Waco has some great places to stop and take a piss on the way to Austin or back to DFW.About all that place is good for IMO!

The best thing Waco's got going for it is the fact that it's kind of near the town of West, and that means they're close to good kolaches

Frogs On A Plane

Ticket Exchange Pass
QUOTE(swimmerbabe11 @ Jun 3 2010, 11:55 PM) [snapback]568239[/snapback]
Next time you idiots are in waco, I have a whole list of great places for you to check out. For both men and women. Really ask me. Want vintage? Bloom and Bee Swanky. Want the best damn mexican food you'll ever eat? Siete Del Mares. Want the best damn sandwhich you'll ever eat? Schmalt'z..next to Paper Bear, not the downtown one. Want upscale shopping? Spice. Want 100 beers on tap? Crickets. Want fried chicken? Bush's and get some sweet tea......

believe me, it doesn't end there.
shutty about my hometown!!!

:D

Waco sucks. I can list a few good places to eat in my hometown of Queen Cit too (town of a few thousand). Doesn't mean my town doesn't suck (it does).

Frogs On A Plane

Ticket Exchange Pass
QUOTE(Houston Frog @ Jun 4 2010, 08:17 AM) [snapback]568305[/snapback]
The best thing Waco's got going for it is the fact that it's kind of near the town of West, and that means they're close to good kolaches

Exactly. Oh man I can taste the ones with the jalapenos in em right now.

QUOTE(ectofrog @ Jun 4 2010, 01:24 AM) [snapback]568247[/snapback]
And if I'd been Roosevelt, I too would have taken the Soviets over the Nazis. Saying your fan base is better than Tech's is the college football equivalent.

I'd have accused you of violating Godwin's law if this didn't make me laugh out loud ...

BaylorHistory

gdu what do you mean about our games at the Ferrell Center the past five years that have been therrible and arrogan? We did go 15-1 at home this past season...

QUOTE(BaylorHistory @ Jun 4 2010, 10:06 AM) [snapback]568322[/snapback]
therrible and arrogan?

That Baylor education rears its ugly head. :biggrin:

Frogs On A Plane

Ticket Exchange Pass
QUOTE(BaylorHistory @ Jun 4 2010, 09:09 AM) [snapback]568328[/snapback]
For some reason my firefox doesn't like killerfrogs and won't let me edit my post.

Maybe it is a sign that we don't take kindly to your type round here.

gdu

QUOTE(the dutchman @ Jun 4 2010, 03:06 AM) [snapback]568196[/snapback]
It appears that he is. And as far as you defending Tech, Tu and A&M. I dont have any respect for them either. Why? cause they act like Baywhore and look down on us.

Where did I defend Tech or A&M (or even Texas in this regard)?

gdu

QUOTE(swimmerbabe11 @ Jun 4 2010, 04:55 AM) [snapback]568239[/snapback]
Next time you idiots are in waco, I have a whole list of great places for you to check out. For both men and women. Really ask me. Want vintage? Bloom and Bee Swanky. Want the best damn mexican food you'll ever eat? Siete Del Mares. Want the best damn sandwhich you'll ever eat? Schmalt'z..next to Paper Bear, not the downtown one. Want upscale shopping? Spice. Want 100 beers on tap? Crickets. Want fried chicken? Bush's and get some sweet tea......

believe me, it doesn't end there.
shutty about my hometown!!!

:D
I think Siete is overrated, but I have many friends who love it. Schmaltz's is pretty damn good. Spice is cool...for Waco. Cricket's in Lubbock is much better than the one in Waco.

I also like Diamondback's, Dubl-R, Captain Billy Whizbang's, DeMaria's, Jasper's, etc... Of course they are only open M-F 12-5, so it's hard to eat at any of them.

Houston Frog

QUOTE(BaylorHistory @ Jun 4 2010, 09:06 AM) [snapback]568322[/snapback]
gdu what do you mean about our games at the Ferrell Center the past five years that have been therrible and arrogan? We did go 15-1 at home this past season...

He'th not thaying your games were terrible, he'th thaying your thtudent body and fanth in general were terrible.

I've never been, so I can't comment on them personally, but his assessment wasn't all that big of a shock to me.

gdu

QUOTE(BaylorHistory @ Jun 4 2010, 02:06 PM) [snapback]568322[/snapback]

The fans. I didn't go to any games there this season, but I have been to many over the 4 or 5 years before that. Worst bball fans in the B12 without a doubt, though I haven't been to Lubbock for a bball game since they hired the first Knight.

NORMLFROG

Example of arrogance: When TCU and baylor first renewed their rivalry and TCU played down in Waco there was some little nancy in the stands with a sign that said: Our team is worth more than your whole conference.

Then we proceeded to stomp a mudhole in their ass while they wilted in front of their home crowd.

Baylor can go to hell....they made a deal with the devil and now they'll have to live with the consequences. They can sack up like we did and take the hard road or they can lament the "unfairness" of it all and fold. It will probably be the latter since they don't have the stomach for the fight.

NF