• The KillerFrogs

Lessons on fan arrogance

froginaustin

QUOTE(gobears13 @ Jun 5 2010, 08:36 PM) [snapback]569182[/snapback]
. . . read what the posters on this board have said. Im glad I know TCU students who dont act this way. Remember what the C stands for in TCU.

. . .

Good ole Holier Than Thou Baylor.

the dutchman

QUOTE(gobears13 @ Jun 5 2010, 07:36 PM) [snapback]569182[/snapback]
I am a big fan of both TCU and Baylor. Actually, two of my final three schools were TCU and Baylor.

I wish this could be a friendly rivalry. Of course our football team sucks, and thats why i was cheering for TCU to make it to a national championship in football. I respect horn frog football just as much a horn frog.

But dont put down other Baylor sports. In less then a decade the basketball team rose from the dead after receiving the death penalty nearly equivalent to that of the SMU football team. That is nearly a miracle! It has taken SMU football three decades to get back to what they were! I wish you horn frogs could respect that as much as I know almost all of the Baylor people I know respect TCU. In fact, two of my friends are engaged to TCU students.

And I am sick and tired of the Conference crap. If you are good, you are good. No matter what conference you are in. TCU has proved that over the past few years with their football team.

To the guy who said if he judged Baylor by the posters he would say Baylor is a bunch of douches: read what the posters on this board have said. Im glad I know TCU students who dont act this way. Remember what the C stands for in TCU.

Lets have a fun rivalry, and Ill be in Ft. Worth this coming up football season to watch the Bears and Horn Frogs play. Hopefully it will be a good game! Nonetheless I will enjoy it no doubt.

God bless and Sic' em Bears!
and while the Horn Frogs arent playin the Bears... Give em Hell TCU!

You mean you will be in fort worth to watch Dalton and Company embarrass the bears.

MTfrog5

QUOTE(gobears13 @ Jun 6 2010, 01:36 AM) [snapback]569182[/snapback]
I am a big fan of both TCU and Baylor. Actually, two of my final three schools were TCU and Baylor.

I wish this could be a friendly rivalry. Of course our football team sucks, and thats why i was cheering for TCU to make it to a national championship in football. I respect horn frog football just as much a horn frog.

But dont put down other Baylor sports. In less then a decade the basketball team rose from the dead after receiving the death penalty nearly equivalent to that of the SMU football team. That is nearly a miracle! It has taken SMU football three decades to get back to what they were! I wish you horn frogs could respect that as much as I know almost all of the Baylor people I know respect TCU. In fact, two of my friends are engaged to TCU students.

And I am sick and tired of the Conference crap. If you are good, you are good. No matter what conference you are in. TCU has proved that over the past few years with their football team.

To the guy who said if he judged Baylor by the posters he would say Baylor is a bunch of douches: read what the posters on this board have said. Im glad I know TCU students who dont act this way. Remember what the C stands for in TCU.

Lets have a fun rivalry, and Ill be in Ft. Worth this coming up football season to watch the Bears and Horn Frogs play. Hopefully it will be a good game! Nonetheless I will enjoy it no doubt.

Well I'm glad one Baylor fan is tired of the conference crap. I hope I have to stop down at the Mcdonalds for a pit stop on the way to Austin next weekend.

macaroni

We've put up with over a decade of conference smack from the Baylor fans and even with the recent events (TCU to a BCS game, Baylor about to be left out of realignment) it isn't ending. Somebody posted this tonight on BaylorFans:

TCU has done a great job with what it got left with, but surely you must realize that a better winning percentage against inferior competion is not worth a flip. Wins are only as valuable and praiseworthy as the competition is worthy. Being champion of a [Deleted] conference and having NO chance to win a national championship is just... boring.

I would say "prepare to be bored," but I doubt Baylor could win a football championship in the Sunbelt. And that deleted word is "mid.major" because we are sick of being treated as second class citizens no matter what we do on the field. Ya'll will understand soon.

the dutchman

Your holier than thou attitude is sickening. Typical of most Gaylor Wheres fans.

VictoryLap

QUOTE(gobears13 @ Jun 5 2010, 08:36 PM) [snapback]569182[/snapback]

Who are these Horn Frogs you speak of?

QUOTE(FriskyFrog @ Jun 5 2010, 11:20 PM) [snapback]569252[/snapback]
We've put up with over a decade of conference smack from the Baylor fans and even with the recent events (TCU to a BCS game, Baylor about to be left out of realignment) it isn't ending. Somebody posted this tonight on BaylorFans:

TCU has done a great job with what it got left with, but surely you must realize that a better winning percentage against inferior competion is not worth a flip. Wins are only as valuable and praiseworthy as the competition is worthy. Being champion of a [Deleted] conference and having NO chance to win a national championship is just... boring.

I would say "prepare to be bored," but I doubt Baylor could win a football championship in the Sunbelt. And that deleted word is "mid.major" because we are sick of being treated as second class citizens no matter what we do on the field. Ya'll will understand soon.

Poor little Bears. Sibley and Bullock aren't there this time, and they don't have near the firepower with Cal, Stanford, UCLA and USC, anyway. I suspect that Californians aren't going to like being dictated to by Texas politicians. There's probably not a lot of love for Kenneth Starr among those university presidents, either.

BTW, somebody needs to remind that idiot that we were one second away from playing for a national championship, which hardly fits the definition of NO CHANCE.

gobears13

QUOTE(froginaustin @ Jun 5 2010, 08:50 PM) [snapback]569195[/snapback]
Good ole Holier Than Thou Baylor.

This attitude is exactly what made me choose Baylor over TCU. If you didnt want that "attitude", you might as well have went to Tech besides paying for your private school education...

gobears13

QUOTE(FriskyFrog @ Jun 5 2010, 10:20 PM) [snapback]569252[/snapback]

Look http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/ncf/news/story?id=5256377

The Texas Legislature wont let Baylor be left out of the PAC-10(16)(20?) deal.

2314@work

Contributor
QUOTE(gobears13 @ Jun 6 2010, 12:59 AM) [snapback]569329[/snapback]
This attitude is exactly what made me choose Baylor over TCU. If you didnt want that "attitude", you might as well have went to Tech besides paying for your private school education...

You are self-righteous whores.
We will kick your Baylorbutts tomorrow if needed and you have no chance next fall in football - no chance. One track guy at QB does not make a team.
And don't forget - No. 7 in the nation in '08 and No. 6 in the nation in '09, even after losing a BCS bowl game.
That would be a BCS bowl. Has Baylor ever been to one? :laugh:

gobears13

QUOTE(the dutchman @ Jun 5 2010, 09:42 PM) [snapback]569225[/snapback]
You mean you will be in fort worth to watch Dalton and Company embarrass the bears.

I hope not. haha

But I come in with high hopes every year to be let down.... thats Baylor Football.

Young and Horned

I understand you being annoyed with TCU acting this way because you actually respect TCU Athletics. But you are one of the very few who believe that or support that in talk. Pretty much 95% of Baylor I have encountered has shown us the upward nose thinking they are better than us. So no, respect is not going to be there for Baylor when most of them do not respect my school and program.

And comparing us to Texas Tech?!? Get out of here. They are by far the worst fans out there for other reasons. If it seems we have a chip on our shoulders, we do. And we will until the time we are looked upon as equals.

Dogfrog

QUOTE(gobears13 @ Jun 6 2010, 12:59 AM) [snapback]569329[/snapback]

:tongue: :tongue: :tongue: So we "might as well have went to Tech", huh? Whatever you paid for your Baylor education was wasted money.

gobears13

QUOTE(2314 @ Jun 6 2010, 01:04 AM) [snapback]569332[/snapback]
You are self-righteous whores.
We will kick your Baylorbutts tomorrow if needed and you have no chance next fall in football - no chance. One track guy at QB does not make a team.
And don't forget - No. 7 in the nation in '08 and No. 6 in the nation in '09, even after losing a BCS bowl game.
That would be a BCS bowl. Has Baylor ever been to one? :laugh:

If you would read my post earlier, you will see how much respect I give to the TCU football team. In fact, I even have a Tomlinson TCU jersey. Now stop trolling and respect Baylor like you wish TCU to be respected.

gobears13

QUOTE(Young and Horned @ Jun 6 2010, 01:06 AM) [snapback]569334[/snapback]
I understand you being annoyed with TCU acting this way because you actually respect TCU Athletics. But you are one of the very few who believe that or support that in talk. Pretty much 95% of Baylor I have encountered has shown us the upward nose thinking they are better than us. So no, respect is not going to be there for Baylor when most of them do not respect my school and program.

And comparing us to Texas Tech?!? Get out of here. They are by far the worst fans out there for other reasons. If it seems we have a chip on our shoulders, we do. And we will until the time we are looked upon as equals.

I would never compare TCU to Tech! I could have used any other Texas school....

and I apologize for the 95% of stuck up people at Baylor, believe me I know, I go there. But you can't expect us all to be that way.

2314@work

Contributor
QUOTE(gobears13 @ Jun 6 2010, 01:08 AM) [snapback]569337[/snapback]
If you would read my post earlier, you will see how much respect I give to the TCU football team. In fact, I even have a Tomlinson TCU jersey. Now stop trolling and respect Baylor like you wish TCU to be respected.

Fair enough.
I respect Baylor men/women hoops and softball.
But you have to tell us how - with all that free BCS money - could you not only let your football program sink to the lowest depths, but allow TCU, with less resources, to pass you up by light years in such a short time?
I suspect it was (is) your arrogance.
That's why we call you whores.

gobears13

QUOTE(2314 @ Jun 6 2010, 01:12 AM) [snapback]569340[/snapback]
Fair enough.
I respect Baylor men/women hoops and softball.
But you have to tell us how - with all that free BCS money - could you not only let your football program sink to the lowest depths, but allow TCU, with less resources, to pass you up by light years in such a short time?
I suspect it was (is) your arrogance.
That's why we call you whores.

Touche.

I will agree that Baylor ( at least for football) is living off the success of other Big XII teams with the BCS money.

TCU has done more with less (conference money), so to say....

Young and Horned

QUOTE(gobears13 @ Jun 6 2010, 01:11 AM) [snapback]569338[/snapback]
I would never compare TCU to Tech! I could have used any other Texas school....

and I apologize for the 95% of stuck up people at Baylor, believe me I know, I go there. But you can't expect us all to be that way.

Oh I know everyone is not like that. And I enjoy those who are not like that.

macaroni

QUOTE(gobears13 @ Jun 6 2010, 12:03 AM) [snapback]569331[/snapback]
Look http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/ncf/news/story?id=5256377

The Texas Legislature wont let Baylor be left out of the PAC-10(16)(20?) deal.

I guess we will find out if 15 doofuses in the Texas Senate actually have the power to tell university presidents on the west coast that they have to play with the retarded cousin if they want to hang with the cool dude. If I were Baylor, I'd be embarrassed as hell by this. You know damn well that you are not the fourth best program in Texas and Waco ain't a hot T.V. market. It's one thing to bend over and take it for 15 years for cash, it's another to have your mommy try to force your johns to keep coming around.