• The KillerFrogs

Lessons on fan arrogance

the dutchman

QUOTE(Purple Heart @ Jun 3 2010, 08:33 PM) [snapback]568147[/snapback]
I dont get that impression (that most of their fans hate us) - if anything, they are jealous like just about everybody when it comes to football, but have I strongly believe they have immense respect for what TCU has accomplished. That was one of my main points - my impression is that things have changed greatly - I did not believe this was the case back when I used to defend TCU on the Baylor board and talk about how TCU football made made it to bowl games or beat USC or had more championships, or how TCU track team set the all time best NCAA 4x100 relay time (still stands, by the way), had one of the longest basketball home win streaks in the nation, or our intramural tennis teams could have easily whipped their varsity tennis teams, etc.

Not true. Baylor fans are arrogant and they hate us. They may be jealous of what we have become but they dont respect us at all and they never have. Simply they use their conference affiliation to lay claim to a pseudo feeling that they are better than us. I have nothing for BayWhore and if the Big 12 falls apart and that is a big if I hope they cant find another good conference after what Baylor alum Ann Richards did to ride the coattails of TU and A&M into the big 12. It can be agreed they did not deserve admission anymore than we did. To hell with Baylor.

gdu

QUOTE(the dutchman @ Jun 4 2010, 02:41 AM) [snapback]568163[/snapback]
Not true. Baylor fans are arrogant and they hate us. They may be jealous of what we have become but they dont respect us at all and they never have. Simply they use their conference affiliation to lay claim to a pseudo feeling that they are better than us. I have nothing for BayWhore and if the Big 12 falls apart and that is a big if I hope they cant find another good conference after what Baylor alum Ann Richards did to ride the coattails of TU and A&M into the big 12. It can be agreed they did not deserve admission anymore than we did. To hell with Baylor.

That's a bit harsch. It's already in Waco.

the dutchman

QUOTE(tcugdu @ Jun 3 2010, 08:43 PM) [snapback]568170[/snapback]

If their beloved big 12 crumbles I hope they crumble. Like others have said they are arrogant and they can s--ck it.

Armadillo

QUOTE(Purple Heart @ Jun 4 2010, 02:33 AM) [snapback]568147[/snapback]
I dont get that impression (that most of their fans hate us) - if anything, they are jealous like just about everybody when it comes to football, but have I strongly believe they have immense respect for what TCU has accomplished. That was one of my main points - my impression is that things have changed greatly - I did not believe this was the case back when I used to defend TCU on the Baylor board and talk about how TCU football made made it to bowl games or beat USC or had more championships, or how TCU track team set the all time best NCAA 4x100 relay time (still stands, by the way), had one of the longest basketball home win streaks in the nation, or our intramural tennis teams could have easily whipped their varsity tennis teams, etc.

Forget it Purple Heart, this is a battle you can't win. I suggest you stop trying to dictate other member's feeling towards Baylor. You can try to rationalize this all you want (they are great in other sports, they have a rich history, there is a lot of tradition between us the Bears, etc, etc, etc), but the bottom line is their football has stunk since the day they joined the Big 12, and frankly football is KING around here. That's great they have rebuilt their basketball program and had success in other sports. Wonderful for them. 9 out 10 people on here don't really care. That's fine that you have all this respect for them, but please stop trying to force that upon the other guests of this board.

Houston Frog

QUOTE(tcugdu @ Jun 3 2010, 09:39 PM) [snapback]568158[/snapback]
been to a game at the ferrell center in the last 5 years?

No, I'm just basing it on the 5 or so guys/girls I know that went there.

FROGDADDY

QUOTE(Purple Heart @ Jun 3 2010, 09:21 PM) [snapback]568129[/snapback]
hmm, guess I was stuck in my thinking as recent as the season before last when considering the very most recent years (not going all the way back to 1990) - taking your word for it - thanks for correction - guess the rest of it checked out okay. Most people dont even realize what happened in 05 and 08. Seems like one of the Aggie wins (06?) required overtime and Baylor could have easily won. Am I right

You can't actually be attempting to formulate an argument that Baylor has a decent football team. Tell me you aren't. When you play 8 games a year against teams in the Big 12 it's inevitable that you'll eventually beat some of them. It doesn't mean you have a good team. And beating A&M is almost meaningless, they're terrible too.

Land Frog

Darn baylor!
QUOTE(the dutchman @ Jun 3 2010, 09:46 PM) [snapback]568174[/snapback]
If their beloved big 12 crumbles I hope they crumble. Like others have said they are arrogant and they can s--ck it.

Do we need to put a breathalyzer on your computer? :biggrin:

gdu

QUOTE(Houston Frog @ Jun 4 2010, 02:46 AM) [snapback]568176[/snapback]
No, I'm just basing it on the 5 or so guys/girls I know that went there.

I know way more than that from Tech and A&M that are fine. It is when you put them in a group, at a sporting event, that they become a problem.

Purple Heart

QUOTE(the dutchman @ Jun 4 2010, 02:41 AM) [snapback]568163[/snapback]

I said I wasn't going to do this (get into a pissing match), but as far as riding coattails, you could say the same about Tech, and don't think we or UH didn't try. Had Gib Lewis still been in office, we probably would have had more political pull.

And looking back, maybe we should be glad it worked out the way it did. You could make a great case that we are much better off now than we would have been had we taken Baylor's spot in the Big 12.

I don't think there is as much hatred going both ways as you or some others here seem to have for Baylor, but hey, if you want to take it all out on them, go for it - sounds like the makings of great rivalry renewal. Unlike the Aggies, at least Tech and Baylor (and even UT once) had the guts to schedule us. That probably did more for TCU in the early and mid Patterson era than anything (to be able to say we were 5-1 or whatever, versus the Big 12, for recruiting or whatever), thanks to them having the guts to schedule us.

Now if they could just make more progress in football (but wait until after September), and we could make more progress in basketball, then it truly would be even more fun. Do we have the guts to schedule them in basketball. Do you not think that would be brutal?

Delmonico

Semi-Omnipotent Being
QUOTE(Houston Frog @ Jun 3 2010, 09:37 PM) [snapback]568154[/snapback]
If I were to base my opinion of Baylor's fans solely on their message board posters (which I think we all do a little too much with all schools), I would think Baylor has the douchiest and most clueless fan base ever. But when I think about my friends that are Baylor fans, they're all pretty cool guys and have a good sense of their place in the college sports hierarchy.

It's kinda like Aggies.

It's the 95% that are dbags that ruin it for the other 5%..........

gdu

QUOTE(Purple Heart @ Jun 4 2010, 02:55 AM) [snapback]568185[/snapback]
I said I wasn't going to do this (get into a pissing match), but as far as riding coattails, you could say the same about Tech, and don't think we or UH didn't try. Had Gib Lewis still been in office, we probably would have had more political pull.

And looking back, maybe we should be glad it worked out the way it did. You could make a great case that we are much better off now than we would have been had we taken Baylor's spot in the Big 12.

I don't think there is as much hatred going both ways as you or some others here seem to have for Baylor, but hey, if you want to take it all out on them, go for it - sounds like the makings of great rivalry renewal. Unlike the Aggies, at least Tech and Baylor (and even UT once) had the guts to schedule us. That probably did more for TCU in the early and mid Patterson era than anything (to be able to say we were 5-1 or whatever, versus the Big 12, for recruiting or whatever), thanks to them having the guts to schedule us.

Now if they could just make more progress in football (but wait until after September), and we could make more progress in basketball, then it truly would be even more fun. Do we have the guts to schedule them in basketball. Do you not think that would be brutal?

Wow, are you on Baylor's nuts. We've played Kansas and Texas at their places. Not sure why we'd be scared of Baylor. losses in bball don't mean anything.

the dutchman

QUOTE(tcugdu @ Jun 3 2010, 09:03 PM) [snapback]568192[/snapback]
Wow, are you on Baylor's nuts. We've played Kansas and Texas at their places. Not sure why we'd be scared of Baylor. losses in bball don't mean anything.

It appears that he is. And as far as you defending Tech, Tu and A&M. I dont have any respect for them either. Why? cause they act like Baywhore and look down on us.

Purple Heart

QUOTE(Young and Horned @ Jun 4 2010, 02:53 AM) [snapback]568181[/snapback]
Randy Galloway says Baylor will end up in Conference USA. I would find that funny.

Yeah, I remember when Skip Bayless would talk about how TCU probably would have to drop football and even in the early Ticket days, anybody who called in about TCU football would get laughed off the air. Galloway loves to jerk strings, too, and one of his sidekicks who he loves to needle is a Baylor alum and big fan. He knows good and well Baylor won't end up in CUSA. Have you checked how many Baylor alums there are or even students? Did you happen to see the crowd at Reliant for the Baylor/ Duke basketball game? It was pretty full and loud and one-sided.

I wish I had saved the Baylor fan board responses many years ago which I got just like the ones I am getting now from TCU fans. Someone said give it up. Give what up? I'm having fun. Good night.

swimmerbabe11

I hope our baseball team doesn't underestimate Baylor this weekend. I agree some stupid posts about Baylor have been made, but this weekend's games are very important..and if Baylor knows anything about sports...its women's basketball..oh but I mean..They are good at baseball too ;)

but seriously. quality baseball team. (I know one of the players from hs though and he is literally the most unintelligent person I have ever tried to hold a conversation with.)

ftwfrog

QUOTE(Young and Horned @ Jun 3 2010, 08:40 PM) [snapback]568159[/snapback]
Agreed. Have a few friends from Baylor and they are cool. Most classless, without a doubt, is Texas Tech though. No competition there.

Yup.

And once again, unearned arrogance. UT, OU, LSU, arrogant bunch of fans, but they have won something. Tech, Baylor??? Why so arrogant??

Frogs1983

QUOTE(tcugdu @ Jun 3 2010, 09:43 PM) [snapback]568170[/snapback]

:biggrin: Waco has some great places to stop and take a piss on the way to Austin or back to DFW.About all that place is good for IMO!

macaroni

QUOTE(Purple Heart @ Jun 3 2010, 09:11 PM) [snapback]568201[/snapback]
He knows good and well Baylor won't end up in CUSA.

Quite a few of their fans on BaylorFans tonight think they might. If the Big 12 collapses, Baylor is not in a very good position for bargaining.

swimmerbabe11

Next time you idiots are in waco, I have a whole list of great places for you to check out. For both men and women. Really ask me. Want vintage? Bloom and Bee Swanky. Want the best damn mexican food you'll ever eat? Siete Del Mares. Want the best damn sandwhich you'll ever eat? Schmalt'z..next to Paper Bear, not the downtown one. Want upscale shopping? Spice. Want 100 beers on tap? Crickets. Want fried chicken? Bush's and get some sweet tea......

believe me, it doesn't end there.

shutty about my hometown!!!

:D