• The KillerFrogs

It's early - portal time that is - current listing

McFroggin

Well, it really was 13M for 4 years, so not so much. I think I could have lived on that while in college in the 70s.

My understanding was that the $ can’t be contingent on school or performance. Depending on red shirt, Covid years, injuries, etc., you can’t make the $ contingent on things/time. If it was really designed over 4 years, then the offer is really $3.25 mill and the rest is subject to change whenever they want.

Eight

My understanding was that the $ can’t be contingent on school or performance. Depending on red shirt, Covid years, injuries, etc., you can’t make the $ contingent on things/time. If it was really designed over 4 years, then the offer is really $3.25 mill and the rest is subject to change whenever they want.

correct, but since the only real laws on the nil deals are at the state level and the ncaa has no real authority over this matter who is going to actually follow up and make sure all these agreements are on the up and up so to speak

McFroggin

correct, but since the only real laws on the nil deals are at the state level and the ncaa has no real authority over this matter who is going to actually follow up and make sure all these agreements are on the up and up so to speak

So definitely not a $13 mill deal then. A $3.25 deal with possible continuation. If they couldn’t cover that, $1 mill could be a winning offer, but I doubt it

Toad Jones

Not criticizing your post (actually mostly agree with it), but man it's sad to be at a place where we are openly discussing buying and selling young men as if they were commodities.
At least with open NIL it can be above board money as opposed to money under the table. If I coached, I'd prefer it under the table as I, the coach, could control it.

Hv you thought about what this NIL money will have on the pro QB's salary. re: if the college boys make that kind of big money, I'm worth 20-30% more

Eight

At least with open NIL it can be above board money as opposed to money under the table. If I coached, I'd prefer it under the table as I, the coach, could control it.

Hv you thought about what this NIL money will have on the pro QB's salary. re: if the college boys make that kind of big money, I'm worth 20-30% more

remember that rookie salaries in the nfl to an extent are preset in a range based upon slot and the rookie compensation pool set by the cba

Palliative Care

I am a wait and see on him. He has been around the block so to speak. He did nothing at Ol Miss. the term “alleged injuries” there troubles me. Still welcome aboard. I hope you find you niche here.

Palliative Care

If I were a up and coming QB, I think here is where you can find the stage you need to be a success. Coming here is a good choice if you have the desire to perform with the staff we have and develop into a champion. Too often is about just the money. That aspect limits your choices and your opportunities.

froginmn

I know that people change but something about him made me nervous. He was one who was suspended by Aggie; I'm not sure that taking on a potential problem child is worth the talent differential between him and another option.
I guess the "something" that made me nervous about Chris Marshall was correct...

He's been wished good luck by Lane Kiffin.