• The KillerFrogs

It's early - portal time that is - current listing

Mean Purple

A really talented guy that didn't work out here for whatever reason. Was an All-Conference caliber guy from day 1. Had some off the field antics and practice habits that just wore the coaches down over time, and he spent a lot of time in the doghouse. Dykes saw him make a lot of plays against SMU a couple years ago. I hope he finds a good home at TCU and y'all get the best out of him!
What do you mean by "off field antics"? Didn't involve johnny law dog, did it?

ECUPirate84

What do you mean by "off field antics"? Didn't involve johnny law dog, did it?
No legal issues to my knowledge. Everyone on the outside was confused as to why the kid wasn't getting playing time, considering he was clearly our best defensive lineman. We just kept hearing about "maturity issues", "behind the scenes issues", "entitlement issues" and he publicly talked smack about the coaching staff on multiple occasions. The coaches at ECU hated to lose his talent, but felt he needed a change of scenery.

But at the end of the day, people can change. He's got some real talent on the field.

Mean Purple

No legal issues to my knowledge. Everyone on the outside was confused as to why the kid wasn't getting playing time, considering he was clearly our best defensive lineman. We just kept hearing about "maturity issues", "behind the scenes issues", "entitlement issues" and he publicly talked smack about the coaching staff on multiple occasions. The coaches at ECU hated to lose his talent, but felt he needed a change of scenery.

But at the end of the day, people can change. He's got some real talent on the field.
makes sense. has to grow up. hopefully he is getting his grades.

I wonder why Arkansas’ KJ Jefferson is returning for a 5th year. He has had back-to-back great years passing and rushing and he has big NFL size. Only 9 interceptions in 24 games. And in the SEC.
With Dan Enos returning as OC, and the fact that there is NIL money, he might be after some records.

Jefferson’s career completion percentage of 65.5 is currently the best in program history by a wide margin.

His 5,529 career passing yards ranks eighth in school history, 2,236 yards behind the all-time leader in Tyler Wilson.

Jefferson’s 46 passing touchdowns are the seventh-most in school history and 18 shy of Brandon Allen’s program record.

With Dan Enos returning as OC, and the fact that there is NIL money, he might be after some records.

Jefferson’s career completion percentage of 65.5 is currently the best in program history by a wide margin.

His 5,529 career passing yards ranks eighth in school history, 2,236 yards behind the all-time leader in Tyler Wilson.

Jefferson’s 46 passing touchdowns are the seventh-most in school history and 18 shy of Brandon Allen’s program record.
Well done; I appreciate the good thought and statistics.

McFroggin

I wonder why Arkansas’ KJ Jefferson is returning for a 5th year. He has had back-to-back great years passing and rushing and he has big NFL size. Only 9 interceptions in 24 games. And in the SEC.

Hoping he transfer portals to TCU with Briles. Same OC with Big12 defenses and our WR core could be huge.