• The KillerFrogs

Hoops Thread: Frogs vs Bears

netty2424

A lot of y’all were pissed about the 3 to end regulation? I’d take a wide open look from Bane after moving the ball to the opposite post. Reading this last night I thought he had 5 Baylor players on him.
That's like going for a TD on 4th down with 1 second left when you're on the 20 yard line and only need a FG to win. Sure a TD wins it, but less likely it happens.

A 3 wasn't necessary to win and it's a low percentage shot. There's not a basketball coach in the country who would prefer a low percentage shot over a high percentage shot to win a game.

MTfrog5

That's like going for a TD on 4th down with 1 second left when you're on the 20 yard line and only need a FG to win. Sure a TD wins it, but less likely it happens.

A 3 wasn't necessary to win and it's a low percentage shot. There's not a basketball coach in the country who would prefer a low percentage shot over a high percentage shot to win a game.
I understand that but it’s not like they were playing man. We did a good job getting the ball down low to Vlad. Ideally it would have been nice to have Vlad go up strong and maybe get to the line but he hadn’t done that well all game. Bane had a really good look in my opinion. Doesn’t matter we won

netty2424

I understand that but it’s not like they were playing man. We did a good job getting the ball down low to Vlad. Ideally it would have been nice to have Vlad go up strong and maybe get to the line but he hadn’t done that well all game. Bane had a really good look in my opinion. Doesn’t matter we won
Yah we did a great job in the second half beating the zone with the the most effective way to do that, bringing Vlad high, defense follows and Noi/Miller ran the baseline for a dump off. It worked great which is why I was looking for that again I suppose.

We are a really good shooting team so an open look isn't the end of the world. I'm certainly happy with he win In the end.

Tom Brown

Yah we did a great job in the second half beating the zone with the the most effective way to do that, bringing Vlad high, defense follows and Noi/Miller ran the baseline for a dump off. It worked great which is why I was looking for that again I suppose.

We are a really good shooting team so an open look isn't the end of the world. I'm certainly happy with he win In the end.

And we broke the zone with a pg at the high post who can get a head start dribble drive. We did some strategy things last night that showed our versatility.

swcfrog

Was at game. Live in the area. Very proud of Frogs. Played like the veteran team they are. I emphasize TEAM because we played as total team with 5 in double figures. Baylor played the Scott Drew way—isolate an individual and let the others stand around. Jamie gave him a coaching lesson in teamwork. And for the first time in my life I actually ignored the ignorant comments by the Baylor faithful. Their fans are crap.

Moose Stuff

I’m not sure that’s the best analogy. Also worth noting that our team is shooting .514 from the field and Bane is shooting .508 from behind the line so considering that was a pretty open look the percentages say it was as good of an option as anything else.

TCUownstheBig12

The advantage is that our #6, #7, and #8 guy could also start and produce at the same level as the regular starter. There is no drop off when we go to our bench and most teams can't say that. We do see a drop off in production when we go to our #9 guy, but he does provide good back-up minutes like most teams get from their #7 guy. I can't think of another team in the country that could realistically say they wouldn't be surprised if their #8 player went for 20 and 10 a couple times this season. We can.

I disagree. Hamdy is a great role player but he’s not going for 20 and 10 against any team with a pulse. Not going to happen. Ever.

I’m aligned that our roster is flexible and can be utilized in numerous productive combinations but to say that A-Rob, Noi, and Hamdy are considerably better than the benches on other competent teams is a case of purple-colored glasses.

Don’t get me wrong, I think this team is really good—probably the 2nd best team in TCU history—but maybe not as good as some of the sunshine pumpers believe them to be.

Tom Brown

I disagree. Hamdy is a great role player but he’s not going for 20 and 10 against any team with a pulse. Not going to happen. Ever.

I’m aligned that our roster is flexible and can be utilized in numerous productive combinations but to say that A-Rob, Noi, and Hamdy are considerably better than the benches on other competent teams is a case of purple-colored glasses.

Don’t get me wrong, I think this team is really good—probably the 2nd best team in TCU history—but maybe not as good as some of the sunshine pumpers believe them to be.

So we should just forget that Hamdy had 15 in 22 minutes against OU?

TCUdirtbag

Glad the Frogs got a W last night but their inability to put teams away the past couple games has me concerned. Frogs were clearly the better team in both games but would get lazy with a 10-12 point lead (lazy passes, bad shots, sloppy ball handling, not getting back in transition, bad fouls) and couple that with bad free throw shooting. Cost us a game we should’ve won and nearly another.

Flip side though is they should be able to play with anybody. Think we’ll learn a lot more vs. Kansas and at Texas over the next week. No reason this team can’t win those 2 games.