• The KillerFrogs

Hoops Thread: Frogs vs Bears

CountryFrog

My points...

1) Hamdy will not have a 20-10 game not is he capable (based on an 80+ game sample size)

2) It is delusional to think that this team can be anything more than a 7-10 seed when conference is said and done. I hope I’m wrong.

3) Point extrapolation to determine someone’s potential is always flawed. No exceptions.

4) We have no superstars.

5) We are not as deep as you sunshine pumpers think we are.

6) The 97-98 team was better.

7) Tim Love is greatness.

Better?
But which of these points are you just joking about?

TCUdirtbag

Wow, TCUownstheBig12 has some pent up rage. Things must be rough/lonely at home. Take your spouse to a nice dinner, ship the kids to the grandparents, drink some wine, get laid. Or if you’re younger, tinder should do the trick.

TCUownstheBig12

But which of these points are you just joking about?

Seems like my predictions are looking more and more accurate after the showing last night. Hell, the 97-98 team now—in their 40s—could probably beat this team if they can hit a few threes. Embarrassing perimeter defense. Equally embarrassing shot selection.

Still think we are anything better than a 7 seed?

I was joking (obviously) when I said we would need a few things to break our way to make the NIT...now I’m worried that could be the case. Not there yet but closer to that than being a 4-5 seed.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
Seems like my predictions are looking more and more accurate after the showing last night. Hell, the 97-98 team now—in their 40s—could probably beat this team if they can hit a few threes. Embarrassing perimeter defense. Equally embarrassing shot selection.

Still think we are anything better than a 7 seed?

I was joking (obviously) when I said we would need a few things to break our way to make the NIT...now I’m worried that could be the case. Not there yet but closer to that than being a 4-5 seed.
And you are a ridiculously ignorant sports fan to top it all off. Do everyone a favor and quit watching.

TCUownstheBig12

Why am I ignorant?

Because I think the 97-98 team is better? Because I don’t think Hamdy is a 20-10 guy?

Please enlighten me as to why I’m ignorant?

SuperTFrog

Why am I ignorant?

Because I think the 97-98 team is better? Because I don’t think Hamdy is a 20-10 guy?

Please enlighten me as to why I’m ignorant?
We have two losses on the season to two teams in to 15 and you think we are closer to not making the NIT than being 4-5 seed. That is reason 1.

Reason 2 is that it is clear you don’t want us to win so that you can prove your precious point. Do us all a favor and stop posting. The rest of us actually want TCU to win.

TCUownstheBig12

We have two losses on the season to two teams in to 15 and you think we are closer to not making the NIT than being 4-5 seed. That is reason 1.

Reason 2 is that it is clear you don’t want us to win so that you can prove your precious point. Do us all a favor and stop posting. The rest of us actually want TCU to win.

I’m looking at the games that we have coming down the pipeline and think that a 6-12 conference record (NIT) is more likely than a 12-6/11-7 record (4-5 seed). How is that ignorant?

SuperTFrog

I’m looking at the games that we have coming down the pipeline and think that a 6-12 conference record (NIT) is more likely than a 12-6/11-7 record (4-5 seed). How is that ignorant?
Read your own post:

“I was joking (obviously) when I said we would need a few things to break our way to make the NIT...now I’m worried that could be the case.”

You said that you are worried that we wouldn’t make the NIT. That is completely ignorant.

I know I am just feeding the troll so I will stop now.

SuperTFrog

I don’t think we are a 4-5 seed. I am the guy saying worrying about seeds is putting the cart before the horse. We need to make the NCAA tournament, which is going to be difficult. I don’t think that we are a fringy NIT team, though. Your opinion that we are a fringy NIT team is literally not shared by anyone else in the country, except fans of our rivals. Where did you graduate?

Last edited:

Purp

Once again, I think you either don't know the meaning of delusional or are delusional yourself. At this point I'd say WVU is the best in the conference with Tech and OU close behind. Then there's us and Kansas at 4 and 5. Any of those 5 teams could win any given night in this league so expecting us to win fewer than 7 games of 18 is delusional.

We are simply better than ISU, KSU, OSU, Baylor, and Texas. We may lose games to a couple of those teams, but good teams lose to inferior opponents in college basketball all the time. It's what make the NCAA tourney so uniquely awesome. But we'll also pick off our fair share of games against the top 4 of our conference.

We may not be a 3 seed, but we're certainly not an NIT team or worse. That is also delusional. A .500 record in the top conference in college basketball will put us in the 6-7 seed range at worst. Go take a few Xanax and report back after the selection show.