• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

Ron Swanson

Looks like it's time to buy a new mattress. Anyone bought one recently? Keep seeing the Casper and Leesa commercials. Not sure I could ever buy a mattress sight unseen.
I went on to Amazon and bought a king size Tempur-pedic style mattress for like $650. It had Amazon ratings of around 4.5, so I figured it was worth the risk because the savings between that and a real Tempur-pedic at the store we’re so much.

It is awesome, both my wife and I love it and we’ve had it for three years now and it still is just as comfortable as the day we bought it.

I don’t remember the brand, but I’m sure you could figure it out if out if you did enough Amazon research.

SuperBarrFrog

I went on to Amazon and bought a king size Tempur-pedic style mattress for like $650. It had Amazon ratings of around 4.5, so I figured it was worth the risk because the savings between that and a real Tempur-pedic at the store we’re so much.

It is awesome, both my wife and I love it and we’ve had it for three years now and it still is just as comfortable as the day we bought it.

I don’t remember the brand, but I’m sure you could figure it out if out if you did enough Amazon research.

Same here. Got one on cyber Monday couple years ago. So cheap and so good.

netty2424

Side note mattress purchasing story: My buddy and his wife needed a new mattress and Gallery Furniture was doing a deal where if the Astros win the World Series, everything you purchase is free. They picked out a $6K mattress over the summer and ended up getting it for free.
That Gallery Furniture dude is an evil genius. I don't live in Houston and know about his store.

nwlafrog

Leave it to Mrs.NWLA to tear up my truck. Apparently last night she drove it through a yard and demolished a mailbox which proceeded to dent and scrape across my hood. Awesome. At work and can’t do anything about it. Gonna have to track down the house and let them know.

Her excuse was that I was sleeping and she was trying to throw french fries into my mouth when she ran off the road. Smh

netty2424

Leave it to Mrs.NWLA to tear up my truck. Apparently last night she drove it through a yard and demolished a mailbox which proceeded to dent and scrape across my hood. Awesome. At work and can’t do anything about it. Gonna have to track down the house and let them know.

Her excuse was that I was sleeping and she was trying to throw french fries into my mouth when she ran off the road. Smh
Whoa! Was that your mailbox? Or a random?

I'm not surprised by this story.

QuilterFrawg

CDR USN (Ret)
As I was waiting for 2 hours to renew my license at the San Marcos DMV the other day, I chatted with the gal sitting next to me. She had just moved here from California to manage the In-N-Out Burger in San Marcos. I told her about the Whataburger vs In-N-Out debate on my fan forum. I told her the main complaint against I-N-O seemed to be their fries. She looked surprised. Then she said she had just texted her district manager again about Whataburger putting up a billboard that is virtually in their parking lot. She seemed pretty cheesed about it.
So today I snapped a picture - not good quality, but you can see it. I think it's funny.
Whataburger sign.jpg

Punter1

Sounds like a new verse to a Mel McDaniel classic...

MTfrog5

As I was waiting for 2 hours to renew my license at the San Marcos DMV the other day, I chatted with the gal sitting next to me. She had just moved here from California to manage the In-N-Out Burger in San Marcos. I told her about the Whataburger vs In-N-Out debate on my fan forum. I told her the main complaint against I-N-O seemed to be their fries. She looked surprised. Then she said she had just texted her district manager again about Whataburger putting up a billboard that is virtually in their parking lot. She seemed pretty cheesed about it.
So today I snapped a picture - not good quality, but you can see it. I think it's funny.
View attachment 4126
scheiss’em