• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

Punter1

Any of you been to Steamboat? Advice on best skiing, bars, restaurants and bars again? Staying in town not at base.

Just got here - 30 degrees and sunny. Going to be low 40's for skiing tomorrow. I'm ok with that weather.

Just got back from a week there for MusicFest. Love The Boat.

Slopeside Grill next door to the green run on the left has badass food and music. Always a great scene.

Bar at the Sheraton has some good talent at night and is a comfy place to relax.

I did the hot springs just outside of town with the hot wife and it was AWESOME. Bucket list kinda stuff.

8th Street Steakhouse has grill your own food downtown which is very good. Ore House has great steaks also.

Also...Steamboat has one of the best on mountain restraunts in the world. I'm serious. Ragnars in the Rendezvous Lodge has some of the best food I've ever had. I dream of their elk burger with a fried egg with a cup of french onion soup.

Just remembered I took a picture of it.....haha.

Have fun...Im jealous.

Last edited:

Frog-in-law1995

I feel ya. I have Cliff Barnes and AJ Simon impressions that kill at retirement homes.

Remember when A-Team, Riptide and Remington Steele were on back-to-back-to-back on Tuesday nights. THAT was must see TV. 80’s action/drama rocked. Magnum, Dallas, Simon & Simon, Hunter, Airwolf, The Equalizer, Fall Guy, Knight Rider, Rockford Files, Miami Vice, Crazy Like a Fox, Hart to Hart, Hardcastle & McCormick, McGuyver, Matt Houston, hell, even Murder She Wrote. I miss them all.

tcudoc

Dammit Bobby...
Hank Hill speaking Spanish (very poorly) is my favorite. Hank Hill speaking in complex medical terms is my second favorite. Adding in the word "afflicted" into the mix takes it to the next level as does having him mispronounce esophagus as "esso-fay-gus."
I've been working for a few years on an idea for an SNL skit that involves Carl (from Slingblade), Raymond (from Rain Man), and Forrest Gump all sharing a college dorm room and the misadventures they would run into as new college students. I think that it could be a good enough recurring bit to revive SNL back to the glory years.

Mean Purple

Just sat down at a bar here and there are 90 bourbons and ryes. Those are just the ones I can see before the shelves curve around. Doesn't include any scotch or Irish whiskeys.

This place is in my condo complex. Oy vay

Edit: asked the bartender. 230 whiskeys. Including 5 different bottles of Van Winkle.

Pappy 23 goes for $149 for 2 ounces.

Edit 2: Elijah Craig single Barrel 22 year = $500

I mean I like whiskey and all but holy hell.
Now I know why my cousin likes that place.

Frog-in-law1995

Hank Hill speaking Spanish (very poorly) is my favorite. Hank Hill speaking in complex medical terms is my second favorite. Adding in the word "afflicted" into the mix takes it to the next level as does having him mispronounce esophagus as "esso-fay-gus."
I've been working for a few years on an idea for an SNL skit that involves Carl (from Slingblade), Raymond (from Rain Man), and Forrest Gump all sharing a college dorm room and the misadventures they would run into as new college students. I think that it could be a good enough recurring bit to revive SNL back to the glory years.

Chocolate mustard cheese balls!

PurplFrawg

Administrator
throw in the Indian from One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, and you may have something.