• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

GeoFrog

Billy Gibbons?? Is that you??
zzguac.jpg

ShadowFrog

Moderators
Question for the USAF pilots that reside here:

Homestead hurrevac'd their F-16's to Carswell to ride out Irma. I've noticed more flying activity from my mothers place overlooking since. While the homesteaders are here, do they fly local missions while awaiting redeployment back to Florida or is it strictly shut-up-and-wait to go home?

netty2424

Question for the USAF pilots that reside here:

Homestead hurrevac'd their F-16's to Carswell to ride out Irma. I've noticed more flying activity from my mothers place overlooking since. While the homesteaders are here, do they fly local missions while awaiting redeployment back to Florida or is it strictly shut-up-and-wait to go home?
Maybe Carswell is letting Florida put the additional hours on their planes.

PurplFrawg

Administrator
Of note: Homestead also has a couple of the venerable old F-15s still operational for the coastal interdiction role. (As of last year, anyway.)

Of note: Homestead also has a couple of the venerable old F-15s still operational for the coastal interdiction role. (As of last year, anyway.)
THe F-15s belong the Florida ANG at Jacksonville. They have an air defense alert detachment down at homestead. Homestead is a reserve F-16 unit. Similar but subtle difference.

To the original question; Possible but unlikely that homestead jets are flying here at carswell while hurevaced. generally you go somewhere and wait for hurricane to pass so you can get back to home station asap.

#hasmspknowlege