• The KillerFrogs

Gameday Thread: Nicholls State vs TCU

Eight

There are several defensive backups that looked better than the starters. Overall the second team defense looked like they were actually playing with some real aggression and attitude while the first team continues to look like they're just out there hoping the opposing offense makes a mistake at some point.

there were a number of young guys on defense flying around tonight and as i said in another thread it will be very interesting to see who gets game snaps over the next month or so

the frogs have a number of young guys who are playing and need to get better, they also have a number of young guys spread across the defense primarily who may start pushing older players for reps

there is really only one area on this team where we don't see a number of young players who possibly could push for snaps and that is the offensive line which is a big concern because it sure looks like they have issues, especially in the interior line

CountryFrog

there were a number of young guys on defense flying around tonight and as i said in another thread it will be very interesting to see who gets game snaps over the next month or so

the frogs have a number of young guys who are playing and need to get better, they also have a number of young guys spread across the defense primarily who may start pushing older players for reps

there is really only one area on this team where we don't see a number of young players who possibly could push for snaps and that is the offensive line which is a big concern because it sure looks like they have issues, especially in the interior line
Outside of Dam Williams and the corners I think every other defensive position should be under consideration for giving the young backups a shot.

Eight

Outside of Dam Williams and the corners I think every other defensive position should be under consideration for giving the young backups a shot.

markis deal and connor lingren were playing in the 4th quarter and deal basically forced one of the sacks

they aren't ready for big minutes, but if the frogs can't get something from the older defensive linemen those are the type of situations i expect to see younger players force their way into more snaps

Eight

Our second string defense was on fire. Best part of the game was watching them play. Briles' play calling was driving me nuts. And our defense still came out flat and uninspired.

the young safeties seemed much more aggressive in taking on blockers and tackling

felt morris loosened up a great deal after the touchdown run, he has a ways to go, but as i said in another thread, chandler isn't the biggest concern of the frogs offense

Horny4TCU

the young safeties seemed much more aggressive in taking on blockers and tackling

felt morris loosened up a great deal after the touchdown run, he has a ways to go, but as i said in another thread, chandler isn't the biggest concern of the frogs offense
Chandler has streaks of greatness. He just has to get comfortable. Did really good protecting the ball today and was 26/30. If we can get the play calling under control and get the defense some adrenaline we'll have a pretty good team.

Now, this was Nicholls. We really have to speed this process up. Cougars were probably looking ahead to us, when losing to Rice tonight. Dana is gonna throw the entire playbook at us for the their first Big 12 game.

Eight

Chandler has streaks of greatness. He just has to get comfortable. Did really good protecting the ball today and was 26/30. If we can get the play calling under control and get the defense some adrenaline we'll have a pretty good team.

Now, this was Nicholls. We really have to speed this process up. Cougars were probably looking ahead to us, when losing to Rice tonight. Dana is gonna throw the entire playbook at us for the their first Big 12 game.

he did a much better job putting the ball where his receivers could make plays for him.

threw a few really nice balls on the the td drive in the second half

wouldn't mind shelving the sideways passing game if the receivers aren't going to block any better on the edge.

starts with the offensive line

TxFrog1999

The Man Behind The Curtain

26/30 and two of those were balls placed right on the receiver's hands and were dropped, one was a high bullet on a screen that went through the hands off the back, and one was a bad throw. Overall not a terrible day, but he needs to get through his progressions quicker and do a better job of reading the defense and knowing when to pull the ball and throw when they put 6 in the box.