• The KillerFrogs

FWST: TCU may not care, but SMU to ACC will have major implications in DFW & nationally

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
The biggest issue SMU is facing in this attempt at relevancy is that it's not an overnight thing. It took TCU/Utah and to a lesser degree Cincy/UCF years of winning in a lesser conference and upsetting some big boys along the way to get where they are. SMU has done neither and will now attempt to win in a big boy league without having first won anywhere else. Maybe it works and it was certainly worth the attempt but it's not even remotely a given this works out like so many people are pretending it is.
It is not going to go well for them.

TCUSA

Stupid article. It's like the media thinks nothing beyond the invite. It will only have an impact if SMU can get off their ars and commit to athletics like we have. Again, it's all about performance, not what you can buy yourself into.... think about Wake Forest, Vanderbilt, Rutgers, even Stanford and Cal... has it lifted them in any way? What's been the impact for them besides a bunch of bad football product? if SMU continues to under-perform, are the TV execs (or fans) gonna care about that Sat 11AM matchup with Louisville, Syracuse, or Virginia? No- you'll have the same 11K people in their stadium with limited coverage.
The NIL rule change changes all of your assertions above...

Our admin should have seen this coming and connected with the ACC first to prevent this
I would rather have home games with Baylor, Tech, Kansas State, and BYU than just about anyone in the ACC not named Clemson and Florida State. Besides that, I doubt Clemson and Florida State and a few others known programs will be in the ACC much longer.

Cfrog1985

Ticket Exchange Pass
You know, you don't get what you use to for $100 million dollars. Must be inflation.

SMU fans make fun of people who lease jets. Financial folks make fun of people who buy new jets. They depreciate rapidly, financing is expensive and leasing is cheaper. Netjets has a Costco equivalent for rich people. Still boggles my mind but it does exist.

Endless Purple

I would rather have home games with Baylor, Tech, Kansas State, and BYU than just about anyone in the ACC not named Clemson and Florida State. Besides that, I doubt Clemson and Florida State and a few others known programs will be in the ACC much longer.
I would have been good with some OOC games with Miami, Georgia Tech, NC State, and Virginia Tech.

Prince of Purpoole II

Reigning Smartarse
SMU fans make fun of people who lease jets. Financial folks make fun of people who buy new jets. They depreciate rapidly, financing is expensive and leasing is cheaper. Netjets has a Costco equivalent for rich people. Still boggles my mind but it does exist.
Tbh unless you are in the Gulfstream class the biggest expense on private jets is maintenence and operation. That’s another reason why leasing makes so much sense