• The KillerFrogs

From Shaggy Bevo........

frogxc

Truth. When we lived in north Dallas suburbs and parked in the parking garage it could take an hour just to get to to 35. Then an hour from there. Lead to late nights after night games. We didn't leave early but it was tempting.

Truth. When we lived in north Dallas suburbs and parked in the parking garage it could take an hour just to get to to 35. Then an hour from there. Lead to late nights after night games. We didn't leave early but it was tempting.

Plus, I think that so many people tailgate before games now.... You've got more people that have been there since at least 3:00 for a 6:15 game, and the prospect of not getting home until almost midnight after so many have already been there way before game time contributes as well.

Wexahu

Plus, I think that so many people tailgate before games now.... You've got more people that have been there since at least 3:00 for a 6:15 game, and the prospect of not getting home until almost midnight after so many have already been there way before game time contributes as well.

I love it, but it definitely makes for a long day, that's for sure. Between the sun, the drinking, the walking and the sitting through a million TV timeouts, I am exhausted by the time I get home. It doesn't help that every time we play it's in the middle of an unseasonable heat wave that drives temps 10 degrees or more above normal. I can't wait for a 60 degree game, unfortunately there's only one more to go.

tcumaniac

The UT fans in our section (235) were loud in the first quarter, but pretty subdued after that (for obvious reasons).

None of them were obnoxious. One twenty-something girl behind us admitted that she had never witnessed Texas beat TCU in person.

By comparison, my 6-year old grandson has never personally seen Texas beat TCU at all! To him, it's just the natural order of things.

During my 69 years, I've attended several TCU-Texas games in Austin, and have never been treated poorly by UT fans.

A&M and Tech on the other hand...

Go Frogs!

I'm 26 years old (Born in July 1991).

As of now TCU has a .500 record against the Longhorns in my lifetime (6-6). One more win, and TCU will have a winning record against the Horns for my lifetime. Pretty crazy considering we had a 1-5 record against them during my lifetime as recently as my Junior year of college.

Realtorfrog

Justify it anyway you want..... it's not a good look for TCU..... I really wish GP would call people out like Saban does but our fans are fragile enough.

It's things like this that should make you worry a little bit.

InstaFrog

I'm 26 years old (Born in July 1991).

As of now TCU has a .500 record against the Longhorns in my lifetime (6-6). One more win, and TCU will have a winning record against the Horns for my lifetime. Pretty crazy considering we had a 1-5 record against them during my lifetime as recently as my Junior year of college.
That's a lot of lifetimes in one paragraph.
giphy.gif

Moose Stuff

Justify it anyway you want..... it's not a good look for TCU..... I really wish GP would call people out like Saban does but our fans are fragile enough.

Doesn’t bother me at all that a few thousand fans left a game that was almost over and in which the outcome wasn’t in doubt. And at least 2/3 of those fans were UT fans from my vantage point .

flyfishingfrog

So curious if you worry for Aggy when their stadium was half full at kick off or Tech or Miami? As you just said, it even happens at Bama.

UT had no hope of winning and the game was over - who cares if people starting leaving - you really think that is what GP and Kelsey talk about when discussing his career?

Maybe as #103 in the list

Surfrog

Doesn’t bother me at all that a few thousand fans left a game that was almost over and in which the outcome wasn’t in doubt. And at least 2/3 of those fans were UT fans from my vantage point .

It's not just the end of the game - this is a scheissing embarrassment. It sucks to see people leave early. Creates a [ Finebaum ]ty atmosphere, doesn't matter if it is the last 7.5 minutes. At that point it was 17-7, the game would have been 17-14. It's stupid to leave before a game is over.

Picture below is taken at the start of the third quarter, yet another embarrassment IMG_3990.jpg

Peacefrog

Degenerate
It's not just the end of the game - this is a [ darn ]ing embarrassment. It sucks to see people leave early. Creates a [ steaming pile of Orgeron ]ty atmosphere, doesn't matter if it is the last 7.5 minutes. At that point it was 17-7, the game would have been 17-14. It's stupid to leave before a game is over.

Picture below is taken at the start of the third quarter, yet another embarrassment View attachment 3856
Maybe you should stop going to games. You don't seem happy with your experience. Seems like a waste of money.

Fred Garvin

I service the entire Quad Cities Area

GP does not need to give a rat's arse about this. He and his coaches need to put every ounce of their effort getting the Frogs ready to play. Like Saban, his coaches teaching attention to detail in playing the game the right way and developing these kids into better human beings trumps anything else.

Fans? He can send out a quick tweet saying to show up. That's all we really need him to do on that front.

Realtorfrog

So curious if you worry for Aggy when their stadium was half full at kick off or Tech or Miami? As you just said, it even happens at Bama.

UT had no hope of winning and the game was over - who cares if people starting leaving - you really think that is what GP and Kelsey talk about when discussing his career?

Maybe as #103 in the list

Or maybe around #3

CountryFrog

Do you guys watch other small private schools games like Stanford, Northwestern, Wake Forest, Duke, etc? Our game day atmosphere is about 100 x better than all of them. And what the hell are you embarrassed about? I've literally never heard a single person talk about any of this stuff except on this site. Do you guys think there are office conversations all over America analyzing still shots of the crowd at the TCU football game? Guess what, 99.99% of people spend an average of 0 seconds per week giving a [ Finebaum ] about any of this.

YA

CGP has called out the fans before.

flyfishingfrog

Or maybe around #3
Crowds leaving with 10 mins left in the 4th after we go up 17 to a team that hasn’t gotten close to scoring in 2 quarter is not anywhere near GP’s top concerns in his career planning- I can promise you that

But feel free to act like that is what he is talking about over gumbo in the 19th Hole on Friday’s if it makes you feel better (or worse in this case I guess )

Latest posts