• The KillerFrogs

DMN: Five burning offseason questions for TCU: Who wins the Horned Frogs' brewing QB battle?

Wexahu

I'm just speaking out of my ass, similar to most journalists these days.

That's fantastic news if true. I just assumed the writing was on the wall. Hard for anyone to justify turning down first round draft potential. I hope like hell that you are right.

I don't think he's projected as a 1st-rounder. In reality I think it's probably more like 3rd or 4th rounder, if that. Still decent money, but quite a bit different than 1st round cash.

MinFrog

If I were the DMN, I would reach out to a few posters on here (not including myself, I am second tier for sure) to write these types of articles. There are many of us who spend way too much time following this stuff, might as well take advantage of it and improve the quality of writing/information.

FrogCop19

If I were the DMN, I would reach out to a few posters on here (not including myself, I am second tier for sure) to write these types of articles. There are many of us who spend way too much time following this stuff, might as well take advantage of it and improve the quality of writing/information.

hindry, minfrog is on the phone for you. might even get paid...

West Coast Johnny

Anyone know anything about Michael Collins? He's the transfer from U Penn. All things considered, including experience and health, he is likely to compete with Muehl for the backup QB position? How good is he?

TCURiggs

Anyone know anything about Michael Collins? He's the transfer from U Penn. All things considered, including experience and health, he is likely to compete with Muehl for the backup QB position? How good is he?

There's been quite a bit of chatter about him being legit. Big kid (listed at 6'5" 210), big arm and can move a little. Sound like it's going to be more of a race between Collins and Robinson than Collins and Muehl. Sounds like the coaches and players really like him. At least that's what I've gathered, anyway.

Wexahu

There's been quite a bit of chatter about him being legit. Big kid (listed at 6'5" 210), big arm and can move a little. Sound like it's going to be more of a race between Collins and Robinson than Collins and Muehl. Sounds like the coaches and players really like him. At least that's what I've gathered, anyway.

This is good to hear. We're gonna need more than one QB and if someone is really pushing Robinson, that's a good thing. Backup QB is one of the biggest concerns on the team IMO.

BoondocksFrog

There is hardly any substance to this article. My wife might as well have written it. Also, in regards to Collins, I've been told Foster Sawyer is a good comparison.

Wexahu

I’ve been told Collins arm is much stronger than Foster Sawyer (who was awful if we’re being honest).

I always temper my expectations whenever I hear about things that are observed at practice. I'm hopeful that Collins is pretty good, but if he was it's hard to see why he didn't get some playing time at certain points during this season. He wasn't ineligible to play, was he?

As for Manning, I'm very hopeful there too, but I remember hearing about how JaJuan Story was absolutely tearing it up in practice too the year he sat out.

Uncle_Frog

JR. Don't forget JR.
His injury happened in September and was severe so I don't think he will have enough time to heal, rehab, and get in the swing of football in time to compete with SR, Collins, and Muehl. I will be very surprised if he doesn't redshirt this year as he could be the starter for a long time and you don't want to rush him back.

tcumaniac

I always temper my expectations whenever I hear about things that are observed at practice. I'm hopeful that Collins is pretty good, but if he was it's hard to see why he didn't get some playing time at certain points during this season. He wasn't ineligible to play, was he?

As for Manning, I'm very hopeful there too, but I remember hearing about how JaJuan Story was absolutely tearing it up in practice too the year he sat out.

Prime example is Isaiah Graham. He was apparently impossible to cover in practice.

Latest posts