• The KillerFrogs

DMN: Five burning offseason questions for TCU: Who wins the Horned Frogs' brewing QB battle?

MinFrog

I always temper my expectations whenever I hear about things that are observed at practice. I'm hopeful that Collins is pretty good, but if he was it's hard to see why he didn't get some playing time at certain points during this season. He wasn't ineligible to play, was he?

As for Manning, I'm very hopeful there too, but I remember hearing about how JaJuan Story was absolutely tearing it up in practice too the year he sat out.
Collins was in fact ineligible last season. Hence the no playing time.

BABYFACE

I don’t think there is any question that the average KFC poster is a raging pessimist at the first sign of trouble.

While true about the pessimism at KFC, it is surprisingly a higher percentage of pessimism at the pay site.

There will always be people that either “ the glass is half full “ or “ the glass is half empty “ people.

Not really point, just an observation.

Moose Stuff

While true about the pessimism at KFC, it is surprisingly a higher percentage of pessimism at the pay site.

There will always be people that either “ the glass is half full “ or “ the glass is half empty “ people.

Not really point, just an observation.

I have to stop myself from posting over there. It wouldn’t go over real well.

BoondocksFrog

Couple Collins videos I found certainly looks talented should be a fun competition.

He throws a beautiful looking ball. Can someone with more knowledge about QBs than me tell me if that is a slow throwing motion? Both Kenny and Trevone looked like they could just flick the ball around, although the results weren't always the best for Kenny.

Chico Dusty

I don't think he's projected as a 1st-rounder. In reality I think it's probably more like 3rd or 4th rounder, if that. Still decent money, but quite a bit different than 1st round cash.

McShay and Kiper had him in the first round. I know they are far from correct at times, but he’s in the mix for sure.

Moose Stuff

He throws a beautiful looking ball. Can someone with more knowledge about QBs than me tell me if that is a slow throwing motion? Both Kenny and Trevone looked like they could just flick the ball around, although the results weren't always the best for Kenny.

Tre just threw it easy. Always thought he probably could have been a hell of a baseball player had he chosen that route.

ACroofrog

If you are referring to the second video Collins looks like he is being very deliberate with his footwork and motion so he probably is taking more time with his release there then he would in a game. The first video of his 9 touchdown game he appears to have a fairly quick release. I will say in both videos he already shows better footwork then Kenny (not taking a shot at Kenny just an observation)

BABYFACE

I have to stop myself from posting over there. It wouldn’t go over real well.
Most of them are good, but there is handful of them that act like children. They post in their own little circle jerk. Having a differing opinion does not go over well with them.

They kind of remind of the group that left here and started their own site.

Moose Stuff

Most of them are good, but there is handful of them that act like children. They post in their own little circle jerk. Having a differing opinion does not go over well with them.

They kind of remind of the group that left here and started their own site.

Another place my posting would not have gone over well.

tcujsauce

I'm just speaking out of my ass, similar to most journalists these days.

That's fantastic news if true. I just assumed the writing was on the wall. Hard for anyone to justify turning down first round draft potential. I hope like hell that you are right.

Plenty of smoke out there about him not getting that 1st round grade right now, and being encouraged to return for his senior year.

Paint It Purple

I really don't like to read about freshman/sophomores that are expected to contribute significantly. We have some younguns with all the potential in the world, but we seem extremely young - especially for an early season bout with ohio state.

with that said, damn, 19 and 20 should be some fun years.
Did you happen to notice the true freshman QB playing for Georgia? I'll take one of those please.

Old Greg

Did you happen to notice the true freshman QB playing for Georgia? I'll take one of those please.
010218%20Rose%20Bowl%20Photos%20CC72.JPG

1059px-State-farm-logo.svg.png