• The KillerFrogs

Depth Chart discussion

CountryFrog

The ors basically mean the position is still up for grabs OR the coaches want people to think the position is up for grabs. We won't have a good idea of who the true 1s are until Arkansas. Until then, speculate away.

Punter1

You can look at anyway you want. There is a ZERO percent chance that our four "starting" WR are the four listed at the top of that chart.

Yea...in my mind the WR depth chart is almost irrelevant. As fast as we are gonna snap the ball we will play 9 or 10 WRs a game and with 90+ snaps everyone is gonna get a ton of chances. Some will play more obviously but it's gonna be a revolving door every game/all year at each WR position.

LeagueCityFrog

We have some size again in the defensive line and then speed and talent on both sides of the ball. I'm picking still 10-2 as the floor this year. Reece Davis just said if we won the Big XII championship game with our road schedule this year we should be in the playoffs. I agree 100%. If we win at Arkansas and Okie State, I'm going 12-0. I thought Norman would obviously be another tough one to win, but 2-0 out of Fayetteville and Stillwater.

Think about the possibilities for our fan base this year if we pull it all together. Spanking Baylor the last week of the season in Fort Worth, then Jerry's World for a potential rematch against Okie State or Oklahoma, win there then we go back to the Rose Bowl or New Orleans for the Sugar Bowl, win there, then we go back to Atlanta for the national championship game at the new Mercedes Benz Stadium.

PO Frog

We have some size again in the defensive line and then speed and talent on both sides of the ball. I'm picking still 10-2 as the floor this year. Reece Davis just said if we won the Big XII championship game with our road schedule this year we should be in the playoffs. I agree 100%. If we win at Arkansas and Okie State, I'm going 12-0. I thought Norman would obviously be another tough one to win, but 2-0 out of Fayetteville and Stillwater.

Think about the possibilities for our fan base this year if we pull it all together. Spanking Baylor the last week of the season in Fort Worth, then Jerry's World for a potential rematch against Okie State or Oklahoma, win there then we go back to the Rose Bowl or New Orleans for the Sugar Bowl, win there, then we go back to Atlanta for the national championship game at the new Mercedes Benz Stadium.
Very optimistic. I think our DTs are going to have to be amazing for us to get to double digit wins. Everybody is is pretty much the same behind them and I think we might struggle if not.

Moose Stuff

I'll be pretty happy if we start 2-0.

Limp Lizard

Sure, provided you disregard two of the worst defensive efforts of GP's tenure, they were great in the last 4 games.
For as awful the defense played fine the last 6 games. WVa scored 34, OSU 31 and KSU 30, but the offense scored 10, 6 and 6 in those games. Amazing that we held them to that few since the offense kept giving them the ball.WVa only had 389 yards despite 3 TCU turnovers. OSU beat us up, but the offense didn't help either, then that amazing two FGs against KSU was our entire offense.

And another loss, TCU held Tech to the least points all year in regulation, but could only score 17 in regulation against a pathetic defense.
No, the defense played pretty damn well those last 6 games. They were beat down and demoralized by the awful offense.

FrogLifeYo

We couldn't sustain drives which hurt our defense badly as they were on the field a ridiculous amount of time last year. Flip side is we definitely got bullied by average offensive lines due to our poor interior play and relatively small group. If we change that we will contend

CountryFrog

We'll see about Evans on Saturday. Either he'll look bigger than Howard or he won't and then we'll know how big he is. I have zero faith in depth chart or roster height/weight listings.

PO Frog

We get it, you're a pessimist.
Ok. if its pessimistic to think that 350+ yards on the ground and 7.5 ypc is not ideal, I am a pessimist. I thought our offense sucked last year too, but I am optimistic about them this year because actual changes were made. Like I said, I hope those DTs are game changers and actually think a couple of them may be. Hoping to replicate the last year on defense doesn't get me too excited.

Latest posts