• The KillerFrogs

Depth Chart discussion

ScottPatrick

Its a slow week as the team out of fall practice and into game prep. An official depth chart should come out by Tuesday but what the heck lets have a shot at it and of course it will most likely miss more than few spots but here is my guess (and tell me where I am wrong as I know you will, but keep it light at least):

Offense:
Offensive line:

LT: Joseph Noteboom 6-5/322
Austin Myers 6-5/309

LG: Patrick Morris 6-3/300
Trey Elliott 6-4/294

C: Austin Schlottmann 6-6/300
Patrick Morris 6-3/300
Hunter Harris 6-4/281

RG: Matt Pryor 6-7/358
Cordel Iwuagwa 6-3/318

RT: Lucas Niang 6-6/340
Sam Awolope 6-6/292

Starting OL that averages 6-5.4/324. hopefully they can stay healthy as Morris, Schlottmann and Niang each have had there share is injuries. Will be interested to see if some of the younger guys such as Kelton Hollins, Dave Bolisomi or Coy McMillion move up. Hunter Harris is the only underclassman listed at center so need someone to step up for future depth.

Tight End:
Cole Hunt 6-7/250
Charlie Reid 6-4/235
Artayvious Lynn6-6/248

Christian Williams may pass both Reid and Lynn

RB:
Kyle Hick 5-10/210
Darius Anderson 5-11/205 or
Sewo Olonilua 6-3/225

Only question here is how healthy Sewo will be and how many "or"s they add (Kennedy Snell)

QB:
Kenny Hill 6-1/212
Shawn Robinson 6-2/225
Grayson Muelhstein 6-4/210

No doubt on who is one and two, will there be a surprise 3? Also the first game against JSU may give a good glimpse of the future.

WR:
X: Taj Williams 6-4/193
Isaiah Graham 6-1/185
TreVonte Hights 6-3/192

H: KaVontae Turpin 5-9/153
Desmon White 5-7/160
Jarrison Stewart 6-0/197

Y: Shaun Nixon 5-10/203
Ty Slanina 6-0/207
Jaelan Austin 6-2/202

Z: John Diarse 6-1/214
Jalen Reagor 5-11/185
Emanuel Porter 6-4/210

Possibly the hardest to predict as Reagor may end up as a 1 but went with the seniors, Williams and Diarse have looked good but Reagor has been the talk of the camp. Also where does Dylan Thomas fit in? Omar Manning may be forced to sit due to injuries and Ni'Jeel Meeking has been running with the WRs as he had difficulty putting on bulk but is very athletic.

Defense:
Defensive Line:

LE: Ben Banogu 6-4/240
Michael Epley 6-3/251 OR
L.J. Collier 6-4/279

DT: Corey Bethley 6-2/302
Ross Blacklock 6-4/326
Ezra Tu'ua 6-2/315

DT: Chris Bradley 6-2/275
Joseph Broadnax Jr 6-0/308
George Ellis III 6-2/298

RE: Mat Boesen 6-4/235
Ty Summers 6-2/240
Gary Overshown 6-5/225

A much bigger defensive line than prior year especially in the middle. Probably some shuffling around of spots though as the competition for spots has been close and Dennis Collins may have passed Overshown.

LB:
MLB: Arico Evans 6-2/223
Montrel Wilson 6-3/225

SLB: Travin Howard6-1/213
Sammy Douglas 6-3/215
Alec Dunham 6-1/227

Patterson talks about the depth at linebacker and both JUCO Alex Bush and Ty Summers who are swapping out at DE at times can play the spot if needed and two walk-ons: Lucas Reynolds and some kid named Blake Patterson are also adding good depth.

Safety:
SS: Ridwan Issahaku 6-1/196
Innis Gaines 6-2/201

FS: Niko Small 5-10/196
Markell Simmons 6-1/200

WS: Nick Orr 5-10/194
Vernon Scott 6-2/206

The new kids also making some noise so Garrett Wallow, Kerry Johnson, Noah Daniels, and La'Kendrick Van Zandt may show up on the list somewhere. Good competition, especially at SS.

Cornerbacks:
Boundary: Ranthony Texada 5-10/170
Tony James 5-10/162

Field: Jeff Gladney 6-0/187
Julius Lewis 5-10/176

JUCO Keenan Reed showed to be a quick study and could move up the list. Daniels and Johnson got looks at both S and CB.

Special teams:
PK: Brandon Ritchie
Jonathan Song

KO: Cole Bunce

P: Adam Nunez

SN: Lucas Gravelle

KR: KaVontae Turpin
Isaiah Graham

PR: KaVontae Turpin
Desmon White

Ritchie is the place-kicker assuming his leg holds up but in either case it will be an improvement over prior-year. Bunce may get a shot also especially on longer attempts. Gravelle is one the Patterson just can't rave enough about.

Reagor may work his way into the returner slot also.

Last edited:

Wexahu

Can't argue with much of that, I'm sure you're in the know more than me.

WR seems to be anyone's guess. Man, if Austin, Porter and Stewart are running 3rd team we have a ton of depth at that position. It's bizarre that WR is considered one of the biggest question marks on the team, you'd think they could figure it out. I'm just hoping for the best 6 guys to get 80% of the playing time and no more 12-man rotations.

Our CB situation seems to be MUCH better than the past couple years, I hope they can all stay healthy.

jake102

I think the outside receivers are mixed up a little, but otherwise perfect.

My guess at WR - Williams, Turpin, Slanina, Reagor

Backups - Austin, White, Nixon, Graham

GoFrog Yourself

Looking at those receivers and I wouldn't be upset with any of them on the field. Assuming they've figured out the drop thing from last season, hope another offseason with Kenny made a difference

MavAlbert

All very reasonable predictions.

Excited to get a look at Summers as a DE, Evans at LB (is he a true 223?), Reagor (and GOT jokes), Banogu, Bethley, and of course Robinson.

A lot of experience and athletes all over the field, and love the big OL filled with upperclassmen. Bring on Arka-...er, Jackson State!

ScottPatrick

I think the outside receivers are mixed up a little, but otherwise perfect.

My guess at WR - Williams, Turpin, Slanina, Reagor

Backups - Austin, White, Nixon, Graham

Probably went with Nixon over Slanina because of his production before he went down. Went with Diarse over Reagor because of his experience and leadership, plus he has hands, great hands...

https://www.clippituser.tv/c/pgkmr

Last edited: