• The KillerFrogs

Daje Johnson

GoFrogs21

13559088.jpg

bscttyb

Congrats Daje! We know you are special and will do big things here in Ft Worth! Can't wait to see you play ball especially after you learn from the best!

FeistyFrog

Sir FeistyFrog
A few more comments from him on Texas Insider (interesting that he may get a look at RB):

“That’s what I felt,” said Johnson, who stands 5-foot-9 and 180 pounds. “I feel like when they first talked to me, everything was good and that’s when I was planning on switching. But then they stopped contacting me and they didn’t keep in contact when they stopped. They stopped for some months so I thought they weren’t really serious about me.”

Johnson initially got in contact with Texas’ coaches to see if there was any mutual interest by texting Mack Brown during the season. There was enough interest from the Longhorns to ask Johnson to take an unofficial visit to meet some of the coaches.

But nothing came of that meeting even though Texas went on to sign two more skilled offensive players in the coming months in Kendall Sanders (Athens, Texas/Athens) and Marcus Johnson (League City, Texas/Clear Springs). Neither of those players are rated higher that Daje Johnson in the ESPNU 150.

When Thomas Johnson (Dallas/Skyline) decommitted from the Longhorns a few weeks ago, Johnson seemed like the perfect replacement. But Texas didn’t call immediately, so Johnson moved on. It wasn’t until last week that the two sides reconvened and scheduled an official visit for this weekend.

“Coach Harsin was talking about ‘it’s not about showing love,’ but it’s not even like that,” Johnson said. “It was just knowing that you are interested. They stopped talking, didn’t call or write. I felt like they were moving on with me, so I moved on to. When they came back it just made me feel like all of their evaluations that they had before, that they were making other evaluations when they stopped talking to me, they weren’t coming through so they came back to me.”

Johnson called TCU wide receivers coach Trey Haverty right after he got off the phone with Harsin to tell him he is now 100 percent with the Horned Frogs.

“It’s a big relief,” Johnson said.

Johnson, who took his official visit to TCU in December, isn’t sure where he’ll play for the Horned Frogs.

“Right now they really don’t know,” he said. “They say I can play running back or corner. They asked me if I wanted to play running back or corner, but I’m not sure either. So I am just going to come in and see where I best fit. They said that there is no doubt that I will start back at kickoff return and punt return.”