• The KillerFrogs

Daje Johnson

Ron Swanson

You have a real big mouth internet tough guy. I never said we couldn't use him but looking at his numbers they seem pedestrian. You read everything, you would think he is Reggie Bush. thats not the case.

What were Jeremy Kerley's numbers his freshman year? Andy Dalton? Jerry Hughes? Tank Carder? Brandon Carter?

Freshman year numbers mean practically nothing, because there is such a huge adjustment to the college game and coaches are generally just dipping the kid's toes in the water.

Daje could end up being a bust, or he could end up being the next Marshall Faulk.... either way, his (true) freshman year numbers on a team with a mediocre offense and a platoon at RB certainly isn't an indicator

itsalizard

To reiterate, I would think he would be a great addition to our team. I simply didn't think he would be "starting" at RB right now DB suggested.. Great talent though as he showed on that 84 yard sweep (Ole Miss?). Outside of that he averages less than 4ypc. Would look great battling KB at corner and may have been a four year starter there and at punt returner.

GO_DJ

Ticket Exchange Pass
What were Jeremy Kerley's numbers his freshman year? Andy Dalton? Jerry Hughes? Tank Carder? Brandon Carter?

Freshman year numbers mean practically nothing, because there is such a huge adjustment to the college game and coaches are generally just dipping the kid's toes in the water.

Daje could end up being a bust, or he could end up being the next Marshall Faulk.... either way, his (true) freshman year numbers on a team with a mediocre offense and a platoon at RB certainly isn't an indicator

Marshall Faulk's numbers as a freshmen. Probably won't be the next Marshall Faulk. He may have been a gigantic pain in the [Craig James], but I don't think you can ever have too many 4.3s

Pos Att Yds Avg TD Rec Yds Avg TD Plays Yds Avg TD 1991 San Diego State WAC RB 201 1429 7.1 21 17 201 11.8 2 218 1630 7.5

maximilian

Man, me too. I was sure he'd have at least 1000 yards rushing & receiving by now as a true freshman. Gosh UT must be so disappointed. What were they thinking?

/sarcasm off

For fun, I actually looked at Reggie Bush's freshman stats:

Rushing:

carries/yards/ypc/TD
90/521/5.8/3

Receiving:

receptions/yards/ypc/TD
15/314/20.9/4

So 835 total yards and 7 total TD as a freshman. Even Reggie Bush wasn't really Reggie Bush until that amazing junior year.

Get Your Frogs Up

Johnson may end up being a fantastic player for UT, but I'm happy we got Gray and Kindred - one of which probably wouldn't be here if Johnson hadn't flipped to UT. Both Gray and Kindred seem like they have bright futures and appear to have their heads screwed on straight with the right attitudes for TCU's program. Not saying Johnson doesn't, but I'm happy with who we got in Johnson's place and I'm not going to lose any sleep over losing him (even if he did handle the UT/TCU situation very immaturely).

That being said, wouldn't mind if Kindred gets some playing time on Thursday and lights up Johnson on a fly sweep.

itsalizard

Marshall Faulk's numbers as a freshmen. Probably won't be the next Marshall Faulk. He may have been a gigantic pain in the [Craig James], but I don't think you can ever have too many 4.3s

Pos Att Yds Avg TD Rec Yds Avg TD Plays Yds Avg TD 1991 San Diego State WAC RB 201 1429 7.1 21 17 201 11.8 2 218 1630 7.5
Faulk played at SDSU in a crap conference and couldn't possibly have performed worth a damn week in / week out in a real conference i.e. Big 12 with us big boiz. Prolly why he flamed in the NFL!

TronCarter

Get Your Frogs Up said:
Johnson may end up being a fantastic player for UT, but I'm happy we got Gray and Kindred - one of which probably wouldn't be here if Johnson hadn't flipped to UT. Both Gray and Kindred seem like they have bright futures and appear to have their heads screwed on straight with the right attitudes for TCU's program. Not saying Johnson doesn't, but I'm happy with who we got in Johnson's place and I'm not going to lose any sleep over losing him (even if he did handle the UT/TCU situation very immaturely).

That being said, wouldn't mind if Kindred gets some playing time on Thursday and lights up Johnson on a fly sweep.

Good call