• The KillerFrogs

Coaches #4

FrogsMcGee

Honestly I would probably prefer that Penn does roll through that conference. Knock tOSU out of the equation.

Also, I both hope and doubt that the results of a single game in 2014 factor at all in any voters mind.

netty2424

Looking at both the Coaches Poll & AP Poll it appears to me that Oklahoma State is getting screwed relative to both tOSU & Oklahoma......but this is how the game is played. tOSU gets owned by a 2 loss Oklahoma but they're then both over ranked in order to enhance tOSU's strength of schedule and minimize that "ARSS kicking" Oklahoma layed on them at home.
The politics of this 4 Team Playoff is ridiculous and the polls are all about keeping conference members "alive" while trying to kill non-members chances. One doesn't have to be very bright to figure out how to politically get away with self serving votes.
2 loss Oklahoma?

Jackson

That Wisconsin schedule has NOBODY on it. Michigan has zero offense and the others including Nebraska would sit outside any Top 40.

Zubaz

Not sure the issue. Of course the one loss teams are climbing back. 9 of the 12 playoff teams have been one loss teams, why is that surprising?

There matchups are going to work themselves out. Georgia will play Alabama in a playoff quarterfinal for lack of a better term. Penn State plays Ohio State, the winner will play Wisconsin. That's only two teams out of those 5 that have a realistic shot at the playoffs, and that assumes no surprises, which as we saw this week isn't a safe bet.

Horny4TCU

I hope Maryland can handle Wisconsin next week... It's a long shot, but they already beat Texas. I don't see Wisconsin being that much better than Texas...

Wisconsin and Texas are not top 20/25 teams in my opinion. Very middle of the road programs this year. Wisconsin's schedule is a Joke.

I hope Ohio St. loses to Penn, just to shut everyone up...

flyfishingfrog

Clemson at 8?
Think that is because while they were behind even with their starter, they did lose him during the game so they are getting some benefit based on how they looked up to that point

If he doesn't come back they will lose more and fall anyway

If he does and they win out they will climb back into the top 4 regardless of where they are now

Endless Purple

Georgia and Alabama also look to like they will play in the SEC championship game. If both are undefeated up to the Championship, you’ll see 2 SEC teams in the playoff.

Assuming all P5 champs have 1 or 0 losses and Bama and Georgia undefeated heading into CCG. If Alabama beats Georgia, Alabama is in the playoffs. If Georgia beats Alabama, then Alabama and Georgia are in the playoffs.

Horny4TCU

[ darn ] Penn St and Whiskey. Both have [ steaming pile of Orgeron ] schedules and the only team with a pulse that PSU played took them to literally the last second.
The problem is I think Ohio jumps us if they beat Penn... The other problem is Penn shouldn't even have a program.

LSU Game Attendee

Voters seem to go by the theory, “it’s not who you beat, it’s who you lose to.”
So far in the CFP, it appears voters go by "quality loss" when it fits the intended endstate. Otherwise they choose from the repertoire of "body of work", "eyeball test", "extra data point", "body clock", "game control", "gritty victory", "head to head", etc. until they get the goalposts where they need them to be.

Frogcrates

So how do you guys think this went down? Do you think the coaches were told by the athletic director that they had to throw the game? And then do you think the coaches told all 105 players to throw the game? And then do you think all 105 players said OK let’s throw this game, and then all 105 players never told anyone?
All of them except Shoeless Joe.

Jackson

The Big X has the easiest guaranteed path to the CCG. Conference members play nobody out of conference except on a very rare occasion and then lose (OU VS tOSU) but that doesnt matter as they then pad their resumes with in conference patsies capped off with the East Division winner destroying an inept West Division winner.
The Big XII is essentially designed to knock their representation out of the CCG with the championship game structure that has been desgned.

cdsfrog

So how do you guys think this went down? Do you think the coaches were told by the athletic director that they had to throw the game? And then do you think the coaches told all 105 players to throw the game? And then do you think all 105 players said OK let’s throw this game, and then all 105 players never told anyone?

No I don't think they intentionally lost on purpose. However they did happen to play the worst game of their program ever on the day tOSU needed them to. World's [ Finebaum ]tiest luck ever but not sure had we beat a 25th ranked team by 1 that we get in that year. So I'm pessimistic that this year doesn't have the same occurrence. Better to assume they don't give a scheiss about tcu and would love to leave us out. Go undefeated or assume your out.

Ron Swanson

No I don't think they intentionally lost on purpose. However they did happen to play the worst game of their program ever on the day tOSU needed them to. World's [ Finebaum ]tiest luck ever but not sure had we beat a 25th ranked team by 1 that we get in that year. So I'm pessimistic that this year doesn't have the same occurrence. Better to assume they don't give a [ darn ] about tcu and would love to leave us out. Go undefeated or assume your out.
Well I’ve seen a whole lot of TCU fans saying that Wisconsin threw the game so that the Big 10 could get a team in the playoffs.

Doesn’t make any sense to me. I can’t imagine the Wisconsin coaches or players caring about the Big 10 enough to throw away a chance at a conference championship that they would treasure the rest of their lives.