• The KillerFrogs

Coaches #4

zfrawg

I believe I've specifically said quite the opposite. We WERE screwed. We were screwed because there were 4 spots for 6 teams. Where I differ is how we were screwed. There are those here that would argue that TCU had an objectively superior resume and was held down by a conspiracy that favors big schools and big brands over small schools and small brands. I don't think that stands up to scrutiny at all.

I think it's naive to say OSU would have jumped the teams I mentioned. maybe I'll naive. The 6 teams argument is crap because off the rankings the week prior. We were told that we were the 3rd best team. There is no justification for FSU jumping us based on that alone even if you want to say OSU deserved to.

Dogfrog

for those of us who love college football, it is very, very difficult to admit that the system is purposely unfair. We need to believe it isn’t so.

Zubaz

1) I have no idea if a bigger brand Big 12 team or ND or whoever would have been treated the same as we were. I like to think that they would have been, see Auburn in 2004 for a good example, but ultimately we'll never know.

2) We were ranked the penultimate week due to what our resume was up until that point. After the final weekend, both FSU and Ohio State had another ranked win on their schedule, while we lost one (OU went to unranked after losing Bedlam). Baylor beat Kansas State, both improving their schedule, hurting ours, and bringing a more direct H2H comparison between the two (though ultimately it didn't really matter in the end). We played one of the worst teams in FBS, though admittedly we throttled them so that probably didn't do anything either way. All of that changed the resumes of those teams. What we learned is that this isn't the BCS where the ratings are sticky, and you only really move down if you lose.

Wexahu

for those of us who love college football, it is very, very difficult to admit that the system is purposely unfair. We need to believe it isn’t so.

Yep. Honestly, if I thought it was as rigged like some think it is, I wouldn't even bother paying attention to college football.

Dogfrog

Yep. Honestly, if I thought it was as rigged like some think it is, I wouldn't even bother paying attention to college football.

Disagree, I know the powers that be put body English on the results. What keeps me interested Is that I know our coaches, players, and fans are not involved in that unseemly aspect of it.

Last edited:

Zubaz

Do you guys get push notifications when it’s time to come argue for the CFP?
No, you already know what we use.
6jC3swH.jpg

zfrawg

1) I have no idea if a bigger brand Big 12 team or ND or whoever would have been treated the same as we were. I like to think that they would have been, see Auburn in 2004 for a good example, but ultimately we'll never know.

2) We were ranked the penultimate week due to what our resume was up until that point. After the final weekend, both FSU and Ohio State had another ranked win on their schedule, while we lost one (OU went to unranked after losing Bedlam). Baylor beat Kansas State, both improving their schedule, hurting ours, and bringing a more direct H2H comparison between the two (though ultimately it didn't really matter in the end). We played one of the worst teams in FBS, though admittedly we throttled them so that probably didn't do anything either way. All of that changed the resumes of those teams. What we learned is that this isn't the BCS where the ratings are sticky, and you only really move down if you lose.

or win by 50+ points...

HG73

You misread me. This ISN'T the BCS where ratings are sticky and you only move down if you lose.
But it IS the BCS, just the next version. Same guy at the top, same employees, same office address. Only difference is instead of computers and polls they have a room stacked with B1G and SEC shills to get their way. Same old BCS, new logo.